You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Championship Manager/Football Manager

redheart

I have not played the football manager games in a long time but with lockdown I was thinking of getting back into it.

So what should I do?

Download a snide version of Football Manager 2019 or 2020? If so from where?

or download Championship Manage 01/02 with a 2020 data  update?

21 minutes ago, redheart said:

If I buy this can I install on more than one machine?

Will I get database updates etc

It's a Steam key so you can install it on whatever computer you have a steam account on. 

No idea on updates, probably but not sure. It's the touch version so not the full, manage absolutely everything version. 

4 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Dirt cheap version of Football Manager Touch 2019 (3 and a half euro) 

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/football-manager-touch-2019-pc-eu-steam-cd-key

Been looking everywhere for something like this, shame it's just the reduced touch version but can't plain for less than the price of a beer.

I think it's out of stock at the moment.

Edited by Shooter in the Motor

22 hours ago, redheart said:

Ok if I buy Football Manager on Steam is the game data saved in the cloud so that If I am playing on my PC and later move to my laptop the game will restart at the same point?

Should do. It has steam cloud save. 

Here's how to get Championship Manager up to date 

https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3863

I know how to do the CM01/02 and updates.

I am playing a demo of Football Manager 2020. Fuck me its detailed. If it got any more detailed I would be doing meal plans and tax returns for the players!

The in game highlights are nice though if unconvincing

On 19/04/2020 at 17:46, redheart said:

I know how to do the CM01/02 and updates.

I am playing a demo of Football Manager 2020. Fuck me its detailed. If it got any more detailed I would be doing meal plans and tax returns for the players!

The in game highlights are nice though if unconvincing

Is the lockdown on it.

I've gone back to FM2013 for a network game with a few mates. We all took on a Championship team, 3 out of 5 of us were sacked by Christmas including me losing the Cardiff job. I got the Watford job after my mate was sacked and have turned them from relegation candidates to mid-table safety in no time. It's a lot of fun but I remember why this wasn't my favourite version.

I also bought FM20, when it was on offer for £25 a few weeks back, and went straight in with a custom database for a new Wakefield City team. It was a bit of a steep learning curve having not played for about 5 years, there's so much extra stuff. It's a nice interface though and quite intuitive to play, even with the extras.

The Wakefield game is quite easy so far, it's clearly designed to let you fly through the lower leagues and I won the Vanarama North with ease and am unbeaten halfway through my first season in the Vanarama National. They've got big financial backing so you can pick up a few players who could play at League 1/2 level if you splash the cash. I mostly picked up some free transfers and loans for the first season and then went in on 4/5 bigger players after promotion, including Adam Lewis, who is the best player in the league.

2 hours ago, Karl_b said:

I've gone back to FM2013 for a network game with a few mates. We all took on a Championship team, 3 out of 5 of us were sacked by Christmas including me losing the Cardiff job. I got the Watford job after my mate was sacked and have turned them from relegation candidates to mid-table safety in no time. It's a lot of fun but I remember why this wasn't my favourite version.

I also bought FM20, when it was on offer for £25 a few weeks back, and went straight in with a custom database for a new Wakefield City team. It was a bit of a steep learning curve having not played for about 5 years, there's so much extra stuff. It's a nice interface though and quite intuitive to play, even with the extras.

The Wakefield game is quite easy so far, it's clearly designed to let you fly through the lower leagues and I won the Vanarama North with ease and am unbeaten halfway through my first season in the Vanarama National. They've got big financial backing so you can pick up a few players who could play at League 1/2 level if you splash the cash. I mostly picked up some free transfers and loans for the first season and then went in on 4/5 bigger players after promotion, including Adam Lewis, who is the best player in the league.

You should have been sacked at Cardiff much sooner.

• 1 year later...

So i bought the latest game and im just having a play through waiting for a transfer update before starting properly

Anyone got any tips on keeping players fit and fresh

I'm fucking around with Barcelona and planned on gutting the big expensive players but i can't shift Messi as nobody will pay his wages. So i restarted as he was throwing a strop and have just asked the board to sort a deal which i don't think they will do as the top wage i can offer is over 200k a week less than the 850k he is asking for, on top of massive bonuses, so i expect to lose him on a free. 

Anyway, i only have a fairly small squad and very little money so saved it for January and i plan to go after some Bosmans and its quite a good crop at the moment. I downloaded a tactics and training pack from one of the sites and its fine but im really struggling to keep the players fresh enough. 

So any tips on keeping them fresh and any cheap players worth a look. Even some youth players im looking at valued at under 1ml the clubs are demanding 25ml + and a 40% sell on clause

40 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

So i bought the latest game and im just having a play through waiting for a transfer update before starting properly

Anyone got any tips on keeping players fit and fresh

I'm fucking around with Barcelona and planned on gutting the big expensive players but i can't shift Messi as nobody will pay his wages. So i restarted as he was throwing a strop and have just asked the board to sort a deal which i don't think they will do as the top wage i can offer is over 200k a week less than the 850k he is asking for, on top of massive bonuses, so i expect to lose him on a free. 

Anyway, i only have a fairly small squad and very little money so saved it for January and i plan to go after some Bosmans and its quite a good crop at the moment. I downloaded a tactics and training pack from one of the sites and its fine but im really struggling to keep the players fresh enough. 

So any tips on keeping them fresh and any cheap players worth a look. Even some youth players im looking at valued at under 1ml the clubs are demanding 25ml + and a 40% sell on clause

As a very quick tip, if your players are knackered after a game, just pop the starting lineup on rest for a day or two. Select the players that need to be rested and just assign them rest using the right click menu.

image.thumb.png.9a0cb657e3686cec793b1e153cd76186.png

Longer term, you'll need to sort out training plans and adjust the training intensity depending on the condition of players.

image.thumb.png.cc4da7b130e3e113c108a9f64af62e10.png

• Like 1

I set myself a general training schedule to just use the most basic training routines, and then fine tune a little depending on fixtures in the week/month.

image.thumb.png.21d66927f30c071b1db1578df8239c64.png

image.thumb.png.0ed8071ec515d03c2bcb477e9e358fc6.png

Players do still get tired, so giving them a day's rest does help. 

Morale is huge in this game, so keeping players happy and doing Team Bonding and Community Outreach is important and will lift morale a touch.

Match Preview and Match Review sessions are important too.

Also, stay on top of coaching assignments. Don't overload individual coaches with too many assignments, but also try to have a couple for each category at least to keep on top of their workload, as this will have an impact on the quality of training.

Check in on your Medical Centre too, and make sure you have the best physios/sports science bods you can get that have high fitness coaching stats.

Get this fella in to head up your physio department - Lieven Maesschalck

image.thumb.png.deeac64fa99a0d6fbe2d406efc1b7eeb.png

image.thumb.png.8d36dfad578fd4b1086c5e5cb802e37b.png

• Like 1