You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sausage and Mash - What do you have with yours?

Tony Moanero

Sausage and Mash  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Sausage and Mash - What do you have with yours?

13 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Docker Doyle is screaming in his grave at this shit. Write out 100 lines I am a schoolboy not a lazy bastard non spud peeler.

Docker was an iconclast and mad as a box of frogs so he'd pity the fool who still peeled their spuds

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

She’s making a roast and has got these in (skin on)

21DD291B-3BDC-4C13-A21B-4615BB1F5486.jpeg

Shit roasties, yer not getting the fluffy gone crispy bits, if yer thing there roasties, yeve been brought up wrong.

peel, parboil, add oil (or preferably duck fat) and salt to pan, give the pan a good shake to coat and take the edges off, add to preheated roasting dish containing more hot fat, cook in oven.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Shit roasties, yer not getting the fluffy gone crispy bits, if yer thing there roasties, yeve been brought up wrong.

peel, parboil, add oil (or preferably duck fat) and salt to pan, give the pan a good shake to coat and take the edges off, add to preheated roasting dish containing more hot fat, cook in oven.

Shut up you tit. 

16 minutes ago, Remmie said:

10 minutes before taking them out the oven, I like to push down on the toasties squishing them a tiny bit to increase surface area touching hot oil and more crispy bits. No skin= less crispy bits too

I know you love cheese, Rem, but having toasties with a roast dinner is a bit much.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

Rip me to bits you twats but this was a tasty toadie's hole.

20200514_210107.jpg

Is there a toad in there?

Tonight I had sausage, mash potato, vegetables and vegetable gravy. I would give it a 7.8/10.

1 minute ago, General Dryness said:

Look at all that vacant real estate. You could have squeezed at least another 8 of them sausages in there. Looks nice though.

They're normal sized sausages, the Yorkshire is fucking massive.