You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sausage and Mash - What do you have with yours?

Tony Moanero

Sausage and Mash  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Sausage and Mash - What do you have with yours?

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You haven’t 

I'm a flexible guy, I'd be quite happy to give mash with skins a whirl.  I do have a couple of queries, though:-

1.  How big are the pieces of skin?  Are we talking big rinds of skin mixed in with the mash?  Or does the skin get mashed too, reducing it to smaller bits?

2. Is this method practiced in restaurants?  Surely they know best. 

Warm regards,

TK421

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Some posters on here are given epicurean immunity because it is obvious they couldn't tell a parsnip from a pear tree.

You however, are better than this.

Haha, boil the spuds until softish then throw into a colander and shake.

Place on roasting tray

Add a goodly dusting of salt & pepper, some fine vegetable oil and plenty of rosemary and thyme

Roast until smell wafts through house and skin crispy

Prepare gravy, pour wine and feast on wondrous Roast

53 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I'm a flexible guy, I'd be quite happy to give mash with skins a whirl.  I do have a couple of queries, though:-

1.  How big are the pieces of skin?  Are we talking big rinds of skin mixed in with the mash?  Or does the skin get mashed too, reducing it to smaller bits?

2. Is this method practiced in restaurants?  Surely they know best. 

Warm regards,

TK421

Just do the spuds as you would normally but don't peel the skin off. Its not hard. 

Trust me you won't look back. 

Bunch of mugs wasting your time peeling spuds and missing out on all the goodness to boot. Some of you lot really are fucking shite. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Just do the spuds as you would normally but don't peel the skin off. Its not hard. 

Trust me you won't look back. 

Bunch of mugs wasting your time peeling spuds and missing out on all the goodness to boot. Some of you lot really are fucking shite. 

Disappointing answer lacking in detail and failing to address the issues raised. 

40 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:
Eat the skin to capture all the natural nutrition of a russet potato. The potato skin has more nutrients than the interior of the potato. It has lots of fiber, about half of a medium potato's fiber is from the skin

if you’re eating potatoes to get fibre then your diet is fucked

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Who said that? 

You fucking skin hating cunts. I hope you all cut your fingers on the peeler. 

Well if you’re not doing it for fibre then you must be doing it for flavour. Against the advice and expertise of every chef on the planet 

Peel your potatoes you lazy cunt

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Well if you’re not doing it for fibre then you must be doing it for flavour. Against the advice and expertise of every chef on the planet 

Peel your potatoes you lazy cunt

Why are you lying? What satisfaction do you get from it? 

2 hours ago, mattyq said:

Haha, boil the spuds until softish then throw into a colander and shake.

Place on roasting tray

Add a goodly dusting of salt & pepper, some fine vegetable oil and plenty of rosemary and thyme

Roast until smell wafts through house and skin crispy

Prepare gravy, pour wine and feast on wondrous Roast

*parboil*

Try with fingerling potatoes. 

I rarely do this because I'll easily demolish a kilo of the roasted wonders. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

I fucking love it when antibeaner weirdos come out with things like skin-on mash. Nothing will ever, ever beat Rem’s pink pizza with a fungal infection, but skin-on mash is at least a bit funny. 

Whats funny about it?