You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite film for each decade you've been alive

johnsusername

15 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

70s - Apocalypse Now

80s - Aliens

90s - Goodfellas

00s - Donnie Darko

10s - The Grand Budapest Hotel

You’ll probably neg me here but I’ve never seen Donnie Darko. Or the grand Budapest hotel. 

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You’ll probably neg me here but I’ve never seen Donnie Darko. Or the grand Budapest hotel. 

Donnie Darko is marmite. You could watch it, have no idea what the fuck is going on and hate it. You could watch it with clues to how it all fits together and love it. If you want to watch it and understand it, read 'The Philosophy Of Time Travel' that was written to accompany it. Most people didn't read it so hated the film as it's so complicated.

http://www.donniedarko.org.uk/philosphy-of-time-travel/

Grand Budapest Hotel is just a really funny film and should be watched. It's in most top 50 films of the 2010s and most other films of that decade were either CGI heavy, big star centred or massive budget with famous director. Grand Budapest Hotel was like watching a stage show where you didn't know what the actors were going to do next.

5 hours ago, Remmie said:

Donnie Dario got hyped to fuck and it's not a bad film but doesn't deserve the hysteria

I've never seen Donnie Dario, but I bet he likes cheese and beans on toast.

On 17/04/2020 at 09:13, VladimirIlyich said:

Not enough room on the internet for Stringvest's choices. 

cheeky get. 

I'm a 60s child.  So:

60s - 2001 -A Space Odyssey

70s - A real golden era for film.  Too many to mention.  French Connection perhaps.  I saw Gene Hackman in The Conversation last night.  What an actor he was. 

80s - Cinema Paradiso

90s - Being John Malkovich

00s - Iron Man

20s thus far - Sorry We Missed You 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

cheeky get. 

I'm a 60s child.  So:

60s - 2001 -A Space Odyssey

70s - A real golden era for film.  Too many to mention.  French Connection perhaps.  I saw Gene Hackman in The Conversation last night.  What an actor he was. 

80s - Cinema Paradiso

90s - Being John Malkovich

00s - Iron Man

20s thus far - Sorry We Missed You 

Gene Hackman is still alive! But I get your point as he is 'retired' from acting.