You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite film for each decade you've been alive

johnsusername

4 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

One film per decade is too difficult, John, you bastard. 

1970s - Dog Day Afternoon

1980s - Midnight Run

1990s - A Simple Plan

2000s - Catch Me If You Can

2010s - The Kings of Summer

Honestly the only decade I struggled with was the 2000s. Loads of really good films, but no real shoe ins. The other decades were easy for me (although Schindler's List was close for 90s). 2020s doesn't really count to be honest just stuck it in for completeness. 

48 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Go fuck yourself

Release date: 1 January 2020 (United Kingdom)

Jojo Rabbit had its world premiere at the 44th Toronto International Film Festival on September 8, 2019.[27] It screened at Fantastic Fest in Austin on September 19, 2019,[28][29] and opened the San Diego International Film Festival on October 15, 2019.[30][31] It also screened at film festivals in Chicago,[32] Philadelphia,[33] Hawaii,[34] New Orleans,[35] Chapel Hill, North Carolina,[36] Middleburg, Virginia,[37] and at the UK Jewish Film Festival.[38] The film was theatrically released in New Zealand and the United States on October 18, 2019, beginning in several cities before expanding in the following weeks, and playing nationwide, in 798 theatres in the U.S., beginning November 8, 2019.[39][40]

The film was released on digital download on February 4, 2020, on DVD and Blu-ray in the United States, by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, on February 18, 2020.[41] In international territories, the film will be released on DVD and Blu-ray by Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment.[42]

31 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Honestly the only decade I struggled with was the 2000s. Loads of really good films, but no real shoe ins. The other decades were easy for me (although Schindler's List was close for 90s). 2020s doesn't really count to be honest just stuck it in for completeness. 

If I was top 3 for each decade, I’d have:

70s - Taxi Driver, The Sting

80s - Back to the Future, Mississippi Burning

90s - The Shawshank Redemption, Out of Sight

00s - Training Day, 3:10 to Yuma

2010s - The Town, Dallas Buyers Club

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Jojo Rabbit had its world premiere at the 44th Toronto International Film Festival on September 8, 2019.[27] It screened at Fantastic Fest in Austin on September 19, 2019,[28][29] and opened the San Diego International Film Festival on October 15, 2019.[30][31] It also screened at film festivals in Chicago,[32] Philadelphia,[33] Hawaii,[34] New Orleans,[35] Chapel Hill, North Carolina,[36] Middleburg, Virginia,[37] and at the UK Jewish Film Festival.[38] The film was theatrically released in New Zealand and the United States on October 18, 2019, beginning in several cities before expanding in the following weeks, and playing nationwide, in 798 theatres in the U.S., beginning November 8, 2019.[39][40]

The film was released on digital download on February 4, 2020, on DVD and Blu-ray in the United States, by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, on February 18, 2020.[41] In international territories, the film will be released on DVD and Blu-ray by Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment.[42]

Oh shit yeah. Forgot I lived in the States. Might go and buy a gun. And fucking shoot you 

1 hour ago, The Golden Eel said:

80s - The Terminator

90s - Pulp Fiction

00s - Memento

10s - Drive

20s - doubt I've even seen a film that's been released this year

Drive is brilliant (as are the others obviously, but Drive I wasn't expecting to be as good as it was). 

21 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Oh shit yeah. Forgot I lived in the States. Might go and buy a gun. And fucking shoot you 

Just don't be surprised if you go running the other way when you see my motor.

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Mook said:

What's with people missing out the 70s? 

The golden age of cinema that.

I'm guessing some people weren't alive in the 1970s.