You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Karius: Personal criticism of my Champions League final appearance was disrespectful 

TLW

1 hour ago, belarus said:

I think you need to remind yourself that the comments on here are in response to him talking about us and the final again, not the other way round.

As virtuous as your defence of him is, it all seems a bit misguided to me. The abuse he got at the time went over the top, no argument there, but if he keeps mentioning it and directing the comments this way, he can expect some back.

He can rebuild his career, or not, I couldn’t give a fuck, the same way he doesn’t give a fuck about any of us. The only time he comes into my thoughts is when he says something about us that is brought to my attention.

I dont need to remind myself of anything thanks. And he's going to talk about it everytime some journo asks him the question about him, his career and Liverpool.

If you want to think Im misguided, knock yourself out. It's ok people reciting Bill Shankly and his ethos but his ethos was we win together and we lose together.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I dont need to remind myself of anything thanks. And he's going to talk about it everytime some journo asks him the question about him, his career and Liverpool.

If you want to think Im misguided, knock yourself out. It's ok people reciting Bill Shankly and his ethos but his ethos was we win together and we lose together.

23 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I’m not going to go round and round with you, but one last time - this isn’t about turning on him for the howler he had. Plenty of us showed support to him after the final whistle. It’s the ensuing actions of his and the normal fans reactions I’m talking about here, not the extreme fans who are sending him death threats at one end of the spectrum, or defending him at all costs because he was once someone to wear the shirt.

As I say, I couldn’t give a fuck what happens to him now. If he came back here and became the best keeper to ever play, I’d be very pleased and happy to have him. It wouldn’t stop me thinking he pretended to cry at the end of the game, or that he put out a heavily produced video promoting himself within weeks of the game, or even that he went out of his way to offer his concussion excuse, which made fuck all difference at that point. All culminating with his recent press release, which we are discussing now.

Perhaps he should leave us to get on with it and stop revisiting the scene of the mishap.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, belarus said:

I’m not going to go round and round with you, but one last time - this isn’t about turning on him for the howler he had. Plenty of us showed support to him after the final whistle. It’s the ensuing actions of his and the normal fans reactions I’m talking about here, not the extreme fans who are sending him death threats at one end of the spectrum, or defending him at all costs because he was once someone to wear the shirt.

As I say, I couldn’t give a fuck what happens to him now. If he came back here and became the best keeper to ever play, I’d be very pleased and happy to have him. It wouldn’t stop me thinking he pretended to cry at the end of the game, or that he put out a heavily produced video promoting himself within weeks of the game, or even that he went out of his way to offer his concussion excuse, which made fuck all difference at that point. All culminating with his recent press release, which we are discussing now.

Perhaps he should leave us to get on with it and stop revisiting the scene of the mishap.

So good you quoted me twice. Listen, you dont need to do anything for me. Stop being condescending and sanctimonious with your fucking bullshit "but one last time."

Like I said, if some cunt is going to stick a microphone under his nose and ask the question, he's going to respond. Whether you like that or not.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

So good you quoted me twice. Listen, you dont need to do anything for me. Stop being condescending and sanctimonious with your fucking bullshit "but one last time."

Like I said, if some cunt is going to stick a microphone under his nose and ask the question, he's going to respond. Whether you like that or not.

Me condescending and sanctimonious? Wow. Drenched in self awareness that one, having told me to leave Karius to rebuild his career as if I’m some over obsessed fan, then trotting out your Shankly lesson whilst demonstrating your “old school” superfan virtues, with the cherry on the cake coming in the last post where you snidely comment on me mistakingly quoting you twice, but best of all instruct me to listen like an obedient child receiving stern guidance from a wise elder.

Don't think it was even the mistakes. Felt sorry for him after that. It was the video. And that when he came back he was clearly shot to pieces. We moved pretty quickly for Alisson after that Tranmere game and never looked back, and neither should he. Wish him all the best. Embarrassing even bringing it up.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Where did you watch it, Dave?

I was at Anfield; some of the most wild scenes I've ever seen on my way to the stadium, 2 hours before kick off, and the air went clean out of 40,000 people when Mo' had to come off.

Echo arena, and it was exactly the same. Atmosphere was electric right up until that point, and then everyone was just stunned.

I went to Kiev and it was the same in the stadium. The bottom fell out and we all seemed to go from thinking we were destined to win it to having very little chance at all. I’ve never watched it back but we were the better side in this early stages weren’t we?

I felt really sorry for Karius out there at the final whistle, particularly after seeing him crying and saying sorry. The thing that tipped me over the edge was that video. Staggering lack of self awareness; he either didn’t know or didn’t care how that was going to be perceived. I really didn’t need to see the shit twat sunning himself in his holiday palace as if it had never happened. I was still paying the debt off at the time. 

1 minute ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Didn't Karius drop a clanger in one of his first games for us in a pre-season game?  And then proceeded to teet about it saying lucky he did it in a friendly.  Or have I imagined this?

He was making loads of mistakes, he made one against Tranmere (I can't remember the specifics) but one of the Tranmere lads shouted in his face "You're fucking shit".

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

He was making loads of mistakes, he made one against Tranmere (I can't remember the specifics) but one of the Tranmere lads shouted in his face "You're fucking shit".

That was after the CL Final though.  I'm pretty sure he did one in the game I mentioned.

Klopp should have known after the all time greatest gaff. I'm struggling to see what he was trying to do as I didn't see a red shirt on the right side of the pitch?

39 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Klopp should have known after the all time greatest gaff. I'm struggling to see what he was trying to do as I didn't see a red shirt on the right side of the pitch?

Haha, that was fucking wild that. I think you can just see Gomez chasing the ball off towards the corner flag at the top of the screen - if I'm being totally fair to Karius I think he was trying to play it out wide to Gomez, saw the attacker closing him down and then over adjusted in a panic. That is directly similar to the CL final error though and should have set alarm bells off (I know it did amongst the fans like). It's the main difference between him (and Migs, and Pickford and so on) and true class like Alisson though: when the pressure is on they make bad decisions. Christ I'm glad we've got the big sexy bearded bastard these days.

Not arsed about Karius at all now that we've won the CL and got in a much, much, much, much better goalkeeper. I feel sorry for him to an extent because Kiev will define his career and probably his life - he's become the byword for dodgy goalkeepers now and that's probably not an especially pleasant position to be in. That said though he's well-paid, still has a career and can enjoy all the trappings that come with it so it's hard to feel too bad for him. He'd be better off just not talking about Kiev though - he's always going to be asked about it, but the more he digs into an answer with snippets of criticism or bitterness, the more it'll get asked; best just to say "it was the low point of my career, always will be but it's in the past now and I'd rather concentrate on my future. I'm sorry to the team and the fans but there's fuck all I can do about it now isn't there?"

Ramos is a cunt.

On 20/04/2020 at 00:06, dockers_strike said:

Maybe he could answer that he dont wan to talk about it because it can hurt the feelings of some fans next time?

I don't think he was particularly shit leading up to the final, i was never convinced he was a long term option but the disastrous mistakes in the final didn't happen in the 4/5 months he was in the team beforehand and I think Salah going off was a bigger factor. 

23 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

I don't think he was particularly shit leading up to the final, i was never convinced he was a long term option but the disastrous mistakes in the final didn't happen in the 4/5 months he was in the team beforehand and I think Salah going off was a bigger factor. 

I can't remember which game but he was lucky not to concede an equally bad howler in one of the earlier CL rounds. Madrid probably scouted that mistake and encouraged pot shots at him.

56 minutes ago, Mr T said:

I can't remember which game but he was lucky not to concede an equally bad howler in one of the earlier CL rounds. Madrid probably scouted that mistake and encouraged pot shots at him.

He made a mess of a shot against Roma that hit the bar.