You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Yes, I’m sure Momentum and Corbyn supporters are responsible for a 2% rise in Conservative voting intention.

I think you’re looking for your culprits in the wrong place, Bruce. 

It must be those imaginary polls that were flouting around which suggested just that.

Just now, Gnasher said:

It must be those imaginary polls that were flouting around which suggested just that.

That nobody claimed existed, only your own lack of reading comprehension. If only I hadn’t deleted the post (that I don’t have the power to delete) that is still there, you could try to read it back and understand it.

Just now, Numero said:

That nobody claimed existed, only your own lack of reading comprehension. 

You could always post the poll.

Look I'm not getting into a childish slagging match but after the past two years i grimace when analysts and labour right wingers level the charge of being divisive against Corbyn and his so called supporters.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

You could always post the poll.

Look I'm not getting into a childish slagging match but after the past two years i grimace when analysts and labour right wingers level the charge of being divisive against Corbyn and his so called supporters.

I posted the polls to back up what I said. You quoted them multiple times and myself and others explained it to you. What I'm not going to do is post polls that don't exist to back up what you think I said. 

Aaaaaand the last couple of exchanges are exactly what I’m talking about. Neither of you have any love for the Conservatives, but you’re both involved in your own little war that you’ve failed to notice that (contrary to what Numero posted about a single poll) the upward trajectory has been happening for a few weeks - see the Survation poll from a couple of weeks ago.

I’ve had a few conversations recently with clients and their family members, and what shocked me was how many people think the pandemic is being overegged, who think the number of deaths has been roughly in line with what we normally have, and how the government are doing ok. These aren’t political party members, live in labour voter areas, and in a lot of cases are averagely intelligent people, not thick cunts. One woman was a health care professional who thought it had been overblown. They aren’t attending Momentum or Corbyn briefings and getting this. They aren’t, in a lot of cases, on Twitter. They don’t appear to be taking their opinion form watching Starmer either. So why are they forming this opinion - media, lack of trust in the media, word of mouth? How is it not breaking through that Johnson and Hancock have fucked this up? I don’t know because I didn’t have a chance to get into any depth with them. But that’s what needs to be looked at.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Aaaaaand the last couple of exchanges are exactly what I’m talking about. Neither of you have any love for the Conservatives, but you’re both involved in your own little war that you’ve failed to notice that (contrary to what Numero posted about a single poll) the upward trajectory has been happening for a few weeks - see the Survation poll from a couple of weeks ago.

What? No, I'm not on board with any of that at all. I haven't failed to notice anything, I was just responding to the lies told about something I said previously. I'm more than capable of refuting some shit some twat on a forum says whilst still seeing what is going on. I think trends shouldn't be over an arbitrary about of time in order to show whatever you want it to.

In fact, what exactly about my last couple of posts are proof of anything?

31 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Yes, I’m sure Momentum and Corbyn supporters are responsible for a 2% rise in Conservative voting intention.

I think you’re looking for your culprits in the wrong place, Bruce. 

No, of course I’m not saying that, but there is a group of people who are very vocal in what I consider a detrimental way.

I’d not even seen the polls posted, just relaying a story from a couple of nights ago.

1 hour ago, Numero said:

What? No, I'm not on board with any of that at all. I haven't failed to notice anything, I was just responding to the lies told about something I said previously. I'm more than capable of refuting some shit some twat on a forum says whilst still seeing what is going on. I think trends shouldn't be over an arbitrary about of time in order to show whatever you want it to.

In fact, what exactly about my last couple of posts are proof of anything?

And true to form the childish cunt throws his toys out of the pram when his nonsense is questioned.

There is no poll that implies Corbyn and his supporters have anything to do with Starmers position which you implied, you made it up, it does not exist, it's a fairy tale constructed from the bedroom of your mind. It's a fallacy. A lie, or in layman's terms a load of fucking bollocks.

20 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

And true to form the childish cunt throws his toys out of the pram when his nonsense is questioned.

There is no poll that implies Corbyn and his supporters have anything to do with Starmers position which you implied, you made it up, it does not exist, it's a fairy tale constructed from the bedroom of your mind. It's a fallacy. A lie, or in layman's terms a load of fucking bollocks.

Wow. Your stupidity is actually impressive. I’ll give you a thousand pounds right now if you can show me where I said anything about a poll about Corbyn supporters and Starmer’s position. The issue here is that you can barely read and write, let alone comprehend. 

2 minutes ago, Numero said:

Wow. Your stupidity is actually impressive. I’ll give you a thousand pounds right now if you can show me where I said anything about a poll about Corbyn supporters and Starmer’s position. The issue here is that you can barely read and write, let alone comprehend. 

No the issue is you're full of shit.

Anyway with the government totally fucking up the pandemic and many thousand unnecessarily dead,  the polls are dreadful for Labour and Starmer.

The polls, despite the way shrills try to spin it has very little to do with Corbyn. 

10 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Anyway with the government totally fucking up the pandemic and many thousand unnecessarily dead,  the polls are dreadful for Labour and Starmer.

The polls, despite the way shrills try to spin it has very little to do with Corbyn. 

It's all the "red wall" Brexit lot holding Johnson's vote up at the minute. More moderate voters have "come back" to Labour and It'll change when the northern voters are fucked. Around January 2021.

37 minutes ago, skend04 said:

It's all the "red wall" Brexit lot holding Johnson's vote up at the minute. More moderate voters have "come back" to Labour and It'll change when the northern voters are fucked. Around January 2021.

Hope you're right, but I fear plenty of them will be in a ditch holding up their blue passport grinning from ear to ear.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Hope you're right, but I fear plenty of them will be in a ditch holding up their blue passport grinning from ear to ear.

With the benefit of hindsight, do you think Corbyn should have resigned, Jairz?

Knowing, as we do, now that he was actively sabotaged by official members in 2017 - when 2800 votes would have made him Prime Minister - and the value of moral clarity and leadership is gaining unusual traction with uprisings in major Western countries.

36 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

A little simplistic. What about the collapse a few years ago further north in Scotland? That was before the brexit issue so what caused that collapse?  I agree a few st George flag waves have deserted but I think it's a bit more complex than just one issue. 

Anyway the forums political sage Numerous was very recently saying the momentous upward curve shown since Starmer took over the leadership is only being opposed by Corbyn and his supporters. 

I wonder who we'll be blaming next month?