You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

@Numero Veinticinco you need to have a word with one of my mates from work.

I posted on Facebook that clip of Sunak boasting that he took money from deprived areas to give it to affluent areas. My mate's only response was to criticise the journalist who published it because she's (apparently) in the Starmer camp and Starmer is (obviously) as bad as the Tories.

I’ll send my fleet of cowardly Starmerites around, post haste. 

• Upvote 1

Reading through the comments section today on the BBC website about the situation  with the NHS and the cost of living crises and there are numerous posters blaming immigration,the Labour party and people themselves for being poor.

That's what Labour is up against.

41 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Criticism has been levelled in the past at usage of the term 'hard left'. I'd say that anyone who thinks Starmer is as bad as the Tories must be close to qualifying for that category. By any measure, utter ideological drivel.

That bloke deserves the term (used pejoratively).  Too often, the phrase gets used for anyone who thinks that it's not a great idea to funnel billions of pounds of public money to privatised utilities at a time of widespread food & fuel poverty.

18 minutes ago, Anubis said:

That’s horrendous. I look forward to Rachel’s public criticism of this heinous decision.

I can’t find too much on it but the article I just read says they’ve paid any arrears but won’t pay compensation and interest on the arrears. Not sure if that’s true, just the first article I found. Okay f the ombudsman has recommended it, they should have just done the entire thing. What’s the point in it otherwise. 

14 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Good god.

1.8 million people are having deductions taken directly..If you press the link it contains a short Channel 4 film showing the story of two women effected. Its a fuvking shocker. Billions in Covid loans were written off.

https://www.channel4.com/news/cost-of-living-crisis-the-households-facing-benefit-cuts-over-unexplained-overpayments

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Strontium said:

Labour - and indeed, anyone else who isn't a Tory - has always been up against that.

Insofar as Labour is concerned that includes half of your own party as well. Had a look at “Outraged Owens” Twitter feed before, that’s quite the obsession he’s got going on there with Starmer. He’s not gonna shag you mate. 

25 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/aug/10/as-cost-of-living-crisis-hits-politicians-take-a-long-break-to-recharge

This country is crying out for the renationalising of Rail, Water and Energy.  All have suffered almost irreversible damage through privatisation.

Dunno about rail BR was spectacularly shit. Water maybe but energy absolutely 

32 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/aug/10/as-cost-of-living-crisis-hits-politicians-take-a-long-break-to-recharge

This country is crying out for the renationalising of Rail, Water and Energy.  All have suffered almost irreversible damage through privatisation.

Yeah but the one guy who had the chance to lead the country and do something about it was the victim of a vicious smear campaign.... I wonder why.... 

3 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Dunno about rail BR was spectacularly shit. Water maybe but energy absolutely 

The railways are a joke, it costs an absolute fortune to two way travel Cardiff - Liverpool. Avanti have just pulled services out of Manchester. 

The bosses of our Water companies should be in jail. They've failed on maintenance causing Water shortages and have pumped shit into our rivers.