You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Forget what I just posted about his tweets; I've just seen him put this on Facebook.

What a political mastermind Jones is. His entire point boils down to ‘I acknowledge the victories, but your guy is still shit, just like I said. If he doesn’t inspire people he could still lose’. Yeah, thanks. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Owen Jones Tweeting stuff about how the Wakefield win 'isn't as good as it seems' for Starmer.

Ha, perfect.

Jesus kid, take a night - smell the coneyak. 

He doesn't help. I agree with some of his principles but he's the type to rile up gammons by crying about non issues and the faux outrage he spouts.

Basically preaching to the converted which is why he gets plenty of print in the guardian.

Self sabotaging arse.

12 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah it was memorable. Like the fella who was complaining about Labour's policy of a slight increase in tax for people in the top five percent. It was explained to him that it would only affect people on over 80k (I think it was 80k). He admitted to being on over 80k but didn't think he was in even the top fifty percent. Was quite surreal, and depressing, to watch. 

Haha I remember that. The best part was his mum sat next to him intermittently shouting "rubbish" at the panel.

Discourse at its finest.

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Forget what I just posted about his tweets; I've just seen him put this on Facebook.

Screenshot_2022-06-24-10-56-27-80_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Screenshot_2022-06-24-10-56-58-83_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Screenshot_2022-06-24-10-57-32-53_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Screenshot_2022-06-24-10-57-50-18_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Here's the issues I think we have on the left sometimes. There's an idea that winning an election should be all about finding a dream and it should be inspirational. Some times a scruffy win will do, just like in football. It's actually how these cunts got in power in the first place. And aside from austerity, all that 5 year term got us was an outright victory at the next general election, leaving of the EU and the absolute shit show of a country we've got now 12 years later. But in general, the Tories think it's all fucking rosie aside from Johnson and his lies even though the country is on its knees. It's why their voters are still not looking to labour for alternatives and it's not because labour lacks ideas. Labour had about 8 billion at the last election. These cunts who vote Tory do so because they only believe in themselves and they believe their situations are aligned to Tory self interest and greed. 

We just need a win, any win. Starmer doesn't need to make sure we get a blinding 5-0 thumping victory. We can just win with an injury time own goal from the Tories. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

What a political mastermind Jones is. His entire point boils down to ‘I acknowledge the victories, but your guy is still shit, just like I said. If he doesn’t inspire people he could still lose’. Yeah, thanks. 

He's obviously left wing. 

• Downvote 1

The attacks Owen Jones are a little strange. I've got no particular veiw on him and to be honest his defence of lesbians/gays/trans although admiral do not really intrest me. I also find his left wing tubthumping a bit irritating, but that's probably just me. 

It's the painting of him as some kind of social media made creation I find bizarre. Jones has obtained a masters at Oxford, trained as a journalist and written for the Independent, Le Monde, Sunday Mirror, Guardian. He's also published six books and won young political journalist of the year award. 

Almost all journalists use twitter/social media to promote their work these days. Jones hasn't recently opened a twitter account after being booted off Strictly come dancing.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I agree with most of that but Burnham has done well winning over Manchester and they're a tough crowd. Obviously leading the Labour party is a big step up but his credentials are as good as any of the other contenders. He's obviously more experienced now than when serving in Government. He needs to be an MP to even be considered so i'm not sure it would be logistically feasible anyway.

He would definitely be my choice, so that's him fucked.

Burnham has not "won over" Manchester (whatever that means).  He's invisible and most people seem to barely give him a thought or even know what his job is.

15 minutes ago, Moo said:

Burnham has not "won over" Manchester (whatever that means).  He's invisible and most people seem to barely give him a thought or even know what his job is.

Burham was elected mayor of Manchester with 63% of the vote, he got re elected with 67% of the vote.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayor_of_Greater_Manchester

21 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The attacks Owen Jones are a little strange. I've got no particular veiw on him and to be honest his defence of lesbians/gays/trans although admiral do not really intrest me. I also find his left wing tubthumping a bit irritating, but that's probably just me. 

It's the painting of him as some kind of social media made creation I find bizarre. Jones has obtained a masters at Oxford, trained as a journalist and written for the Independent, Le Monde, Sunday Mirror, Guardian. He's also published six books and won young political journalist of the year award. 

Almost all journalists use twitter/social media to promote their work these days. Jones hasn't recently opened a twitter account after being booted off Strictly come dancing.

Well, as somebody (and I’ve mentioned this before) who knew him and talked to him before he got big, even proof reading an article I wrote for a left-wing publication, I know he’s not just made by social media but that is partially what made him big. What he has turned into since then is a bit of a caricature of his former himself. 

13 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The obsession with Owen Jones and that Canary woman are some of the weirdest things on the politics threads on here.

What obsession? They’re hardly ever mentioned. 

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Wonder why?

Is it because they’re left wing and we are right wing, is that it Gnasher? I suspect that might be it. 

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Burham was elected mayor of Manchester with 63% of the vote, he got re elected with 67% of the vote.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayor_of_Greater_Manchester

They could have put Vladolf Putler in a red rosette and he’d have got similar figures. Manchester central got 77% and 70% in the last two elections respectively. They vote Labour. 

9 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

They could have put Vladolf Putler in a red rosette and he’d have got similar figures. Manchester central got 77% and 70% in the last two elections respectively. They vote Labour. 

You keep tramping on anyone remotely to the left Numero. You're doing a grand job.