You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

Just now, Gnasher said:

Yeah but forgetting the 'good stuff' speil, you're a hypocrite, have a look at the other thread, wanted to nuke me, yet you're so up your own arse you want to impose judgemental highbrow forum rules upon me.

You're just not going to answer. Got it. Weak. Moving on the 'wanted to nuke me' stuff. I don't have nukes. I said I'd nuke me, you, and Russia. I didn't say it to you, I said it in response to something Stig said. Now, about these highbrow forum rules, do you really consider backing up what you say as 'highbrow'. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I thought that was what this was all about?

Shit, Ive been doing it wrong all along 

I'll fucking nuke you. 

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You're just not going to answer. Got it. Weak. Moving on the 'wanted to nuke me' stuff. I don't have nukes. I said I'd nuke me, you, and Russia. I didn't say it to you, I said it in response to something Stig said. Now, about these highbrow forum rules, do you really consider backing up what you say as 'highbrow'. 

I'll fucking nuke you. 

You're a hypocrite though. Makes no odds to me, I couldn't give a fuck what you are, just pointing it out.

10 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, it's a combination of convincing people that spending money on giving tax breaks to Richnonce McCuntface is better than spending money on nurses or ensuring people don't have to eat rodents, and a conflation between the economics of one person and that of a country. Hence imbeciles on QT saying stuff like "we have to live within our means, if I don't have enough money at the end of the week I can't buy a pint". Ignoring the fact that we can print our own money, can change interest rates, etc, etc.

I remember this episode and the moron in the audience looking a tit after Yanis' response.

58 minutes ago, TheSire said:

I remember this episode and the moron in the audience looking a tit after Yanis' response.

Yeah it was memorable. Like the fella who was complaining about Labour's policy of a slight increase in tax for people in the top five percent. It was explained to him that it would only affect people on over 80k (I think it was 80k). He admitted to being on over 80k but didn't think he was in even the top fifty percent. Was quite surreal, and depressing, to watch. 

I thought the Labour Mp on Question Time was very revealing when asked about Durham, talked about if Starmer goes it shows he’s got integrity. I think they know he’s going to get fined and will be gone soon. Interesting to see who gets the job. The bookies favour Burnham but the tories are more scared of Boris having to face Cooper over the despatch box.  A middle aged woman with no skeletons in her past. 

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I thought the Labour Mp on Question Time was very revealing when asked about Durham, talked about if Starmer goes it shows he’s got integrity. I think they know he’s going to get fined and will be gone soon. Interesting to see who gets the job. The bookies favour Burnham but the tories are more scared of Boris having to face Cooper over the despatch box.  A middle aged woman with no skeletons in her past. 

Bar for being married to Ed Balls.

• Upvote 1

It’s don’t get this love in for Cooper.

It’s all good and well being boss in the Commons Select Committees for example, but different gravy to actually leading and uniting a party. 

She’s got not chance of uniting the party when she’s linked to Blair. 

Burnham, , nice fella with all the right intentions but never a leader. 

There isn’t really anyone in the party that is savvy enough to take these cunts on and get them out. 

6 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Oh shut up you tit.

You were banging this very same drum before the surveys had even been sent in, despite this one instance being very, very different to the utter scum you and yours are happy to bang on doors for who have a litany of charges against, plus numerous rumours of it being stitched up from both sides.

Maybe put more thought into looking at your own rabble before casting out basless and frankly fucking stupid 'insights'.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

It’s don’t get this love in for Cooper.

It’s all good and well being boss in the Commons Select Committees for example, but different gravy to actually leading and uniting a party. 

She’s got not chance of uniting the party when she’s linked to Blair. 

Burnham, , nice fella with all the right intentions but never a leader. 

There isn’t really anyone in the party that is savvy enough to take these cunts on and get them out. 

I agree with most of that but Burnham has done well winning over Manchester and they're a tough crowd. Obviously leading the Labour party is a big step up but his credentials are as good as any of the other contenders. He's obviously more experienced now than when serving in Government. He needs to be an MP to even be considered so i'm not sure it would be logistically feasible anyway.

He would definitely be my choice, so that's him fucked.

22 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Oh shut up you tit.

You were banging this very same drum before the surveys had even been sent in, despite this one instance being very, very different to the utter scum you and yours are happy to bang on doors for who have a litany of charges against, plus numerous rumours of it being stitched up from both sides.

Maybe put more thought into looking at your own rabble before casting out basless and frankly fucking stupid 'insights'.

Also I would observe that the exact opposite of what Captain Willard predicts tends to come to pass. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I agree with most of that but Burnham has done well winning over Manchester and they're a tough crowd. Obviously leading the Labour party is a big step up but his credentials are as good as any of the other contenders. He's obviously more experienced now than when serving in Government. He needs to be an MP to even be considered so i'm not sure it would be logistically feasible anyway.

He would definitely be my choice, so that's him fucked.

Burnham is absolutely despised in the south in my experience. I don't see how he would help win the GE at all. 

23 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Owen Jones Tweeting stuff about how the Wakefield win 'isn't as good as it seems' for Starmer.

Ha, perfect.

Jesus kid, take a night - smell the coneyak. 

I, too, would be gutted if I'd turned a Tory seat into an easy Labour seat. I tell you what though, 2019 was a hell of a near win for Corbyn in Wakefield. All the right stuff. 

41 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Owen Jones Tweeting stuff about how the Wakefield win 'isn't as good as it seems' for Starmer.

Ha, perfect.

He hasn't actually written a tweet.

He's retweeted a few things, without comment, one of which was this.

This is balanced by three or four other retweets unequivocally celebrating the results.

15 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He hasn't actually written a tweet.

He's retweeted a few things, without comment, one of which was this.

This is balanced by three or four other retweets unequivocally celebrating the results.

It's clear what he's getting at though - he's got a million followers and has built his career around social media. I'm not that arsed about Starmer but with certain talking heads there'll always be a 'yes but'. As t here was on the other side with Corbyn, to be fair.

I doubt Tories do it - which is probably at least part of the reason they win. 

The Tories have a set goal and an agenda and an enemy. They stick to the plan. 

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's clear what he's getting at though - he's got a million followers and has built his career around social media. I'm not that arsed about Starmer but with certain talking heads there'll always be a 'yes but'. As t here was on the other side with Corbyn, to be fair.

I doubt Tories do it - which is probably at least part of the reason they win. 

The Tories have a set goal and an agenda and an enemy. They stick to the plan. 

It's a bit of a stretch to pin this one retweet (among other straightforward celebratory ones) on Jones and use it to castigate him. John Curtice/Ben Riley-Smith may be making a valid point about the need to avoid complacency (in which case, everyone who wants a Labour Government should pay attention to it).  I don't follow Jones closely enough to judge any factional agenda he may or may not have; I just don't see any evidence of an agenda (other than "get the Tories out" and "support the RMT") in his tweets from the last few days.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Ha, perfect.

Forget what I just posted about his tweets; I've just seen him put this on Facebook.

Screenshot_2022-06-24-10-56-27-80_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Screenshot_2022-06-24-10-56-58-83_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Screenshot_2022-06-24-10-57-32-53_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Screenshot_2022-06-24-10-57-50-18_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg