You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

Swindon isn't really in the same league as most of the turds who do it for a living and sow hate, I don't really read her stuff but a lot of people like her and various others seemed to just spend a huge - huge - amount of time attacking Labour. 

Not that Labour or Starmer should be out of bounds, but I'd say they're the principal target for their bile over the Tories, which is baffling to me. 

I view politics like the situation in France under the Nazis. There's one enemy - at best they hate you, at worst they're indifferent - and they're an existential threat to your way of life.

It's all hands to the pump to get rid, Maquis, Communist Resistance, Mancs, Trainspotters, Morris Dancers, Greens, fucking anyone. 

Constantly going on about someone who's on the NEC who used to play golf with Blair's uncle, who gives a flying fuck now of all times, unless you just like moaning because it's your little niche. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Swindon isn't really in the same league as most of the turds who do it for a living and sow hate, I don't really read her stuff but a lot of people like her and various others seemed to just spend a huge - huge - amount of time attacking Labour. 

Not that Labour or Starmer should be out of bounds, but I'd say they're the principal target for their bile over the Tories, which is baffling to me. 

I view politics like the situation in France under the Nazis. There's one enemy - at best they hate you, at worst they're indifferent - and they're an existential threat to your way of life.

It's all hands to the pump to get rid, Maquis, Communist Resistance, Mancs, Trainspotters, Morris Dancers, Greens, fucking anyone. 

Constantly going on about someone who's on the NEC who used to play golf with Blair's uncle, who gives a flying fuck now of all times, unless you just like moaning because it's your little niche. 

Does anyone know anyone who speaks like that in real life or is it just the wonder of the Internet? If someone started ranting about "Keith' in real life they'd look a daft cunt.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Does anyone know anyone who speaks like that in real life or is it just the wonder of the Internet? If someone started ranting about "Keith' in real life they'd look a daft cunt.

Yeah I've heard it said. I thought you'd be well into it.

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

No I find it childish and cringy. Anyway I'm not anti Starmer as such, I'm just disappointed he hasn't done more to unify the party and I don't agree with the casual disregard for members, I think it's costing Labour votes and could cost them the election, an example being Rachael Reeves comments in Yorkshire in the run up to the council elections.

21 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I’m actually really pleased with this now. At first I thought it was pointless, but now I know I’ve wasted your time, I’m actually a bit happy. Cheers mate. 

And now a notification too because you’ve quoted me. Fuck sake. 

When you go to bed tonight I hope the corner of the duvet has folded up a bit inside the quilt cover, making it slightly annoying and stopping you from getting comfortable. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

And now a notification too because you’ve quoted me. Fuck sake. 

When you go to bed tonight I hope the corner of the duvet has folded up a bit inside the quilt cover, making it slightly annoying and stopping you from getting comfortable. 

Hate how toxic this place has become. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Maybe it's just an English thing? I've never used it and rarely post links to people like Owen Jones, the Swindon woman and the like, so your assertion is incorrect. 

I have however posted many positive links to where the Labour movement does well, and I believe can do well, such as from my own Labour Party in Wales. It is indeed to the left of Starmer but its politicians crack on with the job of winning votes by promising grown up policies that directly enrich people's lives and help the environment. It obviously helps to be in power. No silly insults or names directed at people in the same party, just grown up politics.

Here's the latest winner, from yesterday.Its topical as their's a thread on the subject on this page. First in Britain for recycling ten years in a row, top three in the world. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61408063.amp

As for winning over the young environmental vote,

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2021-06-23/climate-change-campaigner-greta-thunberg-backs-welsh-government-plans-to-freeze-new-road-building-projects.

I’m not posting this solely about the Labour Party. This is across the board. This shouldn’t be allowed whether you’re the government, opposition, or make up the numberists. The only time lobbyists should be near an MP is in an on the record recorded meeting with civil servants from the relevant department present.

FSjyv_zXwAMxF32?format=jpg&name=large

• Upvote 1

What an absolutely bland, vacuous, nothing piece of writing that New Statesman article is, no wonder nobody put their name to it. ‘Did it never occur to Mr Starmer that he could also be investigated?’ After already having been cleared? Probably not. After doing nothing wrong? Probably not. ‘Provided Durham police spare him, Mr Starmer could yet become the accidental prime minister’. Yeah, okay, spare him. You mean ‘find he did nothing wrong’ and by accident… bizarre. It ends with ‘deserves more than a cautious technocrat, It needs a transformative leader who would use power with purpose’. Yeah, good stuff… who? And the article criticised him for not having policies yet (doesn’t mention no leader in the history of any major party has put a manifesto out this early before an election) and then says we need somebody who will use power with purpose. How do you know he won’t if he hasn’t put policies out yet. One for the hard of thinking to gormlessly nod along too, I feel. 

This one, posted just after it, seems much more thoughtful. The criticism it contains has actual merit and instead of just blandly calling for a nameless hero, it gives detail on what to do next. 

https://www.newstatesman.com/comment/2022/05/there-is-no-case-for-keir-starmer-resignation

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I’m not posting this solely about the Labour Party. This is across the board. This shouldn’t be allowed whether you’re the government, opposition, or make up the numberists. The only time lobbyists should be near an MP is in an on the record recorded meeting with civil servants from the relevant department present.

FSjyv_zXwAMxF32?format=jpg&name=large

Running a profit before anything business that crashes and burns due to greed? No problem, just use the public purse to bail you out, utilise the crooked system and start all over again ££££££££

13 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

What an absolutely bland, vacuous, nothing piece of writing that New Statesman article is, no wonder nobody put their name to it. ‘Did it never occur to Mr Starmer that he could also be investigated?’ After already having been cleared? Probably not. After doing nothing wrong? Probably not. ‘Provided Durham police spare him, Mr Starmer could yet become the accidental prime minister’. Yeah, okay, spare him. You mean ‘find he did nothing wrong’ and by accident… bizarre. It ends with ‘deserves more than a cautious technocrat, It needs a transformative leader who would use power with purpose’. Yeah, good stuff… who? And the article criticised him for not having policies yet (doesn’t mention no leader in the history of any major party has put a manifesto out this early before an election) and then says we need somebody who will use power with purpose. How do you know he won’t if he hasn’t put policies out yet. One for the hard of thinking to gormlessly nod along too, I feel. 

This one, posted just after it, seems much more thoughtful. The criticism it contains has actual merit and instead of just blandly calling for a nameless hero, it gives detail on what to do next. 

https://www.newstatesman.com/comment/2022/05/there-is-no-case-for-keir-starmer-resignation

Starmer is getting it from all angles. I’m warming to him.

56 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I don’t want to harp on about your lack of comprehension skills, but you might want to slow down and read his post one more time. 

Numero, you complain about links and articles and whatever, the link I've posted on this thread was a Dan Hodges piss take of compering Starmer to JFK, most started joining in the mockery of the tweet, you meanwhile saw it as an opportunity to bring up a left wing grifter and relate her to me. As I said at the time you were speaking bollocks. I don't call Starmer 'keith'.. I don't to my knowledge put out links to Owen Jones or Rachel Swindon, etc.. so your claim was without foundation, you just made it up.

Here it is;

Yet at the same time you get on your high horse over me saying you have a high opinion of yourself; which  unlike your nonsense about my correlation with Swinton is the truth.

Sorry for misunderstanding J, and thanks for setting me straight. You were parroting the boy wonders  'nobley rocks' last night.