You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

50 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The backlash to the backlash is afoot.

Uncle Rups' people putting a picture of a single mother spending her benifits (expenses) on the front page, making her look like the council estate sterotype, to rouse up the rabble.

It's almost like clockwork.

FAPbraHUYAAPUqP?format=jpg&name=900x900

What backlash? Watching from far away I would say the Labour party is fucking up an opportunity to put themselves on the map with petty in fighting and pandering to the middle class luvvies that seem to have jumped onboard. Looks nothing like the Labour party that I knew. Altho it was a while back!

9 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

What backlash? Watching from far away I would say the Labour party is fucking up an opportunity to put themselves on the map with petty in fighting and pandering to the middle class luvvies that seem to have jumped onboard. Looks nothing like the Labour party that I knew. Altho it was a while back!

The backlash she's trying to create against Johnson, do keep up old boy.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've never been to a party conference, so I don't know how these things are organised; specifically, I don't know whether you have t show your badge at the door. (The JVL website never mentioned that.) If not, we're talking about an open meeting, which a Brighton-based member of the public attended.

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/statement/33639/

Actually, thinking this through, it can't have been for Conference delegates only, because the only person who we know of who was there very obviously wasn't a conference delegate. So, it's an open meeting, first come first served, and not a case of JVL "admitting people who had been expelled" at all.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Arniepie said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58713106

There are millions of people in this country who genuinely believe the bbc is too left wing.

The savatage theory is borderline surreal.

When did not agreeing with Starmer on anything automatically make you

' hard left ', as seems to be the case on the BBC now.

Surely an awful lot of members must have to be  involved if a conference motion passes against the party machinery , and they can't all be ' hard left '.

• Upvote 1

Guardian comments section was worth the laugh with this :

The Tories are gasping for Rayner to become leader of the Labour Party. After her weekend rant, she is completely unelectable as a PM. I say that as a fan of hers, but you are not going to run snob ridden UK with a Manchester accent, a fag hanging out of the corner of your mouth and calling others scum.

15 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It's a bit more than "branded by the media".

Just to reiterate, Greenstein was suspended in 2016 and expelled from the Labour Party in 2018. Both of which happened when Corbyn was leader.

Naturally there will be a legitimate public interest in his attendance at a Labour Party official fringe meeting in 2021.

He recently lost a libel case about being called an anti semite  and he's currently working on a book called Zionism and the Holocaust. Sounds like a fun guy.

2 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

He recently lost a libel case about being called an anti semite  and he's currently working on a book called Zionism and the Holocaust. Sounds like a fun guy.

Yeah quick scan of this implies he's got some questionable views. Clearly a complete twat. 

https://www.5rb.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Greenstein-v-Campaign-Against-Antisemitism-2019-EWHC-281-QB-final.pdf

Because the right - globally - are now so provably wrong on economics, as can be seen by the social, environmental and financial detritus around us - they have no hope of winning any arguments, so the only option is to divide and conquer the opposition. They do it with the help of the media, social media, no doubt a good number of bots and analytica type organisations, all dropping little shitballs into their midst as distractions. The transgender question at the Labour party conference is a case in point, a 'woke' argument which the Tories think they can win votes on, tangling up Labour people in arguments and providing news and social media headlines which are presented as 'conference chaos' and 'party in crisis' type shit. 

Under Corbyn it was antisemitism, under Starmer it's corbynism, after him it'll be something else, then something else. 

The only way the 'non Tories' among us can ever win is if we find a way  to circumvent how news is presented to the population at large. Until then, we're fucked. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The only way the 'non Tories' among us can ever win is if we find a way to circumvent how news is presented to the population at large. Until then, we're fucked. 

Options are pretty limited. We have far right comics, centrist papers and the BBC who would rather see Johnson in power than even Starmer (obviously the far loony Maoist left radical social democracy Corbyn put forward was beyond the pale), and then fairly unprofessional backslapping independent media discussing things most people don't care about. 

Personally, I think the priority is the BBC. They're supposed to be impartial, and they're believed and respected by flip flopping volvo nonces so it's imperative for Labour that their viewers stop voting Tory. And they're not going to while their entire political output is fronted by half a dozen lickspittles for that horrible fucking racist cunt in number 10.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Presumably Lib Dems are hoping he stays in place for selfish reasons.

As I've mentioned before, because of the vagaries of the first past the post voting system, a Labour Party that competes strongly with the Conservatives is basically a prerequisite for us to do well. The overwhelming majority of our marginals and target seats are in competition with the Tories. A weak Labour Party doesn't take enough votes off the Tories for us to beat the Tories.

Something for all those people who accuse me of rubbing my cock with glee at Labour's travails to bear in mind. I actually need you useless cunts to put up a decent fight.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

As I've mentioned before, because of the vagaries of the first past the post voting system, a Labour Party that competes strongly with the Conservatives is basically a prerequisite for us to do well. The overwhelming majority of our marginals and target seats are in competition with the Tories. A weak Labour Party doesn't take enough votes off the Tories for us to beat the Tories.

Something for all those people who accuse me of rubbing my cock with glee at Labour's travails to bear in mind. I actually need you useless cunts to put up a decent fight.

I would have thought that a weak Labour party works better for you in Tory shires. If I was in a constituency where Labour were a distant third , and particularly had a shit leader , I wouldn't hesitate to tactically vote to unseat the Tory.

8 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Is that Starmer or Paddy Ashdown in your picture?

I honestly think the only way to beat the tories is if the Libs, Greens and Labour join forces. 

28 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I would have thought that a weak Labour party works better for you in Tory shires. If I was in a constituency where Labour were a distant third , and particularly had a shit leader , I wouldn't hesitate to tactically vote to unseat the Tory.

I'll probably be voting Lib Dem at the next election.

In my constituency - 

2010 - Lib Dem 19k, Labour 4k.

2015 - Lib Dem 7k, Labour 7k.

2017 - Lib Dem 7k, Labour 16k.

2019 - Lib Dem 9k, Labour 14k.

I fully expect the Lib Dems to have more votes than Labour next time.