You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

They don't.

Stronts said something stupid; I disagreed. This has nothing to do with the Labour or Lib Dem parties.

Just seems a bit pointless arguing over trivial things when those evil cunts are doing untold damage.

Bit like the labour party really.

29 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Just seems a bit pointless arguing over trivial things when those evil cunts are doing untold damage.

The whole election last time was built on people ignoring reality and listening to lies because they were short, sharp headlines with no actual substance. 

But yeah, we should all keep ignoring that and not question anything and let the actual snide liars carry on while the world burns. 

If Labour had done what the Lib dems had done this week it would be "anti-semite" x 100. 

The biggest racist/anti-semites are those that use either or both as a weapon. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Only if you're on smack.

How is it comparable? It's as comparable as it's possible for anything to be comparable. Jews 

An escapable point about the Lib Dems, for all their shitness and irrelevance is, they enabled the Tories. They gave them the  foothold to get in, and then do what they have done. They can waffle on about " well we stopped them doing what they really wanted to do", but the point is, you helped them get a foothold. The absolute incompetence of the Labour Party just now is sad, but the Lib Dems helped the Tories get up and running after their own calamities and for that they are eternally damned. And they cant talk themselves out of that one bit, they showed their arses to whoever would take it at the time, and it just so happened it was Cameron and Osbourne.

I'm taking lectures or opinions from Lib Dems about Fuck All.

7 minutes ago, redinblack said:

An escapable point about the Lib Dems, for all their shitness and irrelevance is, they enabled the Tories. They gave them the  foothold to get in, and then do what they have done. They can waffle on about " well we stopped them doing what they really wanted to do", but the point is, you helped them get a foothold. The absolute incompetence of the Labour Party just now is sad, but the Lib Dems helped the Tories get up and running after their own calamities and for that they are eternally damned. And they cant talk themselves out of that one bit, they showed their arses to whoever would take it at the time, and it just so happened it was Cameron and Osbourne.

I'm taking lectures or opinions from Lib Dems about Fuck All.

This is the Starmer thread, not the supporters of freedom thread.

2 minutes ago, redinblack said:

So you cant respond to a point about the moral bankruptcy of the Lib Dems unless its on a particular thread? 

I think you should at least make an attempt to stick to the topic. If you're going to hurl inflammatory, false and irrelevant nasty bullshit around, at least do it in the right place.

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I think you should at least make an attempt to stick to the topic. If you're going to hurl inflammatory, false and irrelevant nasty bullshit around, at least do it in the right place.

You went into coalition with the Tories. They were only in power because of the Lib Dems. Once they got enough votes, they fucked you off. Which bit of that is wrong?

1 minute ago, redinblack said:

You went into coalition with the Tories. They were only in\power because of the Lib Dems. Oncethey got enough votes, they fucked you off. Which bit of that is wromg?

The first sentence is true. The second sentence is false. The third sentence isn't quite correct but the effect was the same. However, none of that post relates to your previous posts.

Still not sure what this has to do with Starmer.

the second sentence isnt false, if you havent gone into coalition with Cameron he doesnt get in with Clegg as his fluffer.

The third sentence is inescapably true as much as you might bite your pillow over it.

And as I said, why do I have to post in a particular thread to point out how morally bankrupt the Lib Dems are given your avatar?

17 minutes ago, redinblack said:

the second sentence isnt false, if you havent gone into coalition with Cameron he doesnt get in with Clegg as his fluffer.

The third sentence is inescapably true as much as you might bite your pillow over it.

And as I said, why do I have to post in a particular thread to point out how morally bankrupt the Lib Dems are?  

Cameron was going to be the Prime Minister whether it was a coalition or a minority government. I suggest you spend some time learning the basics of how Parliament functions.

I don't bite any pillows; regardless, it wasn't the Tories who "fucked off" the Lib Dems in 2015, it was the electorate. Obviously since 2015, things have been a roaring success. Well done electorate.

You can post your hysterical claims of moral bankruptcy wherever you want, but posting them here, repeatedly, does rather make you look like someone who is posting to provoke other people rather than discussion.

42 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

See, it's this hypocrisy. People wonder why I get on your back.... You absolute spanner 

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Cameron was going to be the Prime Minister whether it was a coalition or a minority government. I suggest you spend some time learning the basics of how Parliament functions.

I don't bite any pillows; regardless, it wasn't the Tories who "fucked off" the Lib Dems in 2015, it was the electorate. Obviously since 2015, things have been a roaring success. Well done electorate.

You can post your hysterical claims of moral bankruptcy wherever you want, but posting them here, repeatedly, does rather make you look like someone who is posting to provoke other people rather than discussion.

"Provoke you?" Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. 

The Tories would have kept the Lib Dems onboard if you were any use to them, but you werent. So off you went. Theres no argument there surely?

And hysterical. "repeatedly"...oh behave yourself. Repeatedly past this evening? Stop It.

6 minutes ago, redinblack said:

"Provoke you?" Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. 

The Tories would have kept the Lib Dems onboard if you were any use to them, but you werent. So off you went. Theres no argument there surely?

And hysterical. "repeatedly"...oh behave yourself. Repeatedly past this evening? Stop It.

As I say, I can think of no other reason why this is being posted in the Starmer thread. It has nothing to do with him.

Pretty sure it wasn't just up to the Tories whether the Lib Dems were "kept onboard". Hence your assertion is incorrect, even if it's academic, as the mathematics made it an impossibility anyway.

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

See, it's this hypocrisy. People wonder why I get on your back.... You absolute spanner 

Oh, the phony accusations of hypocrisy, must be at least 8 minutes since the last one of those.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

As I say, I can think of no other reason why this is being posted in the Starmer thread. It has nothing to do with him.

Pretty sure it wasn't just up to the Tories whether the Lib Dems were "kept onboard". Hence your assertion is incorrect, even if it's academic, as the mathematics made it an impossibility anyway.

Oh, the phony accusations of hypocrisy, must be at least 8 minutes since the last one of those.

The reason I said what I did is your Avatar and the comments you have made on several threads. No other reason than that. If thats "provocation" then we probably have a different understanding of what that word means. 

And regarding the second point, its as well you reminded me of the Lib Dems irrelevance at the subsequent election, thanks for correcting that.

15 minutes ago, redinblack said:

The reason I said what I did is your Avatar and the comments you have made on several threads. No other reason than that. If thats "provocation" then we probably have a different understanding of what that word means. 

And regarding the second point, its as well you reminded me of the Lib Dems irrelevance at the subsequent election, thanks for correcting that.

Not sure what my funny avatar has to do with Keir Starmer either. It was the part where you intimated that my opinions weren't worth a damn because I'm a Lib Dem and accused me of being an accomplice to "moral bankruptcy" which I thought was provocative. I'd tend to think most people would agree that comments like that are provocative. I post in this thread, and others like it, in good faith; I read what people write, no matter who they are, because I want to understand what people think and why; and I generally resist the temptation to launch that kind of invective at other posters apropos of nothing, because it achieves nothing.

I was already aware that the Lib Dems oscillate between relevant and irrelevant, and between kingmaker and lapdog, depending on whatever we need to be to support the argument of the person attacking us.

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The whole election last time was built on people ignoring reality and listening to lies because they were short, sharp headlines with no actual substance. 

But yeah, we should all keep ignoring that and not question anything and let the actual snide liars carry on while the world burns. 

If Labour had done what the Lib dems had done this week it would be "anti-semite" x 100. 

The biggest racist/anti-semites are those that use either or both as a weapon. 

Dont disagree mate.

The whole anti semitism was massively blown out of proportion by people in and outside of the party with an agenda.

In the meantime the deep seated ssues of racism in the gmnt are conveniently brushed under the carpet. 

I don't expect anything from our right-wing dominated press, but I do expect the Leader of the Opposition to put all its energy into going after the government at every opportunity. So it fucking kills me to see that, while this flapping, flailing incompetent shower are (leaving aside for now their general inept and corrupt nature) leading us into a Winter of Discontent, Starmer and his gang think the right thing to do in this moment is to pick fights with their own party. And during conference season when it has a platform it doesn't have at any other time! 

They're hardly going the right way about convincing me they're any more competent than the bunch they (apparently) want to replace.

12 hours ago, Arniepie said:

How about campaigning against the Tories and finding time to call bullshit on some nonsense someone posts on a football forum?