Jump to content
rb14

Keir Starmer

Recommended Posts

On 03/08/2021 at 07:38, Stickman said:

 

Wes they ain't backing you no matter how far up Murdoch's arse you crawl

 

Image

 

 

 

And his riposte to this..... 

 

 

 

Fuck that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not feel inspired.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2021/aug/21/keir-starmer-ill-paint-a-picture-of-my-vision-in-primary-colours?__twitter_impression=true

 

His big vision for winning the next election seems to include keeping tuition fees, keeping utilities in the hands of privateers and maintaining an unfair taxation system; plus some "tough on crime" blather.

 

Have the bookies stopped taking bets on the Tories winning the next GE yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/08/2021 at 10:10, Jairzinho said:

Latest Yougov -

 

Tory 40

Labour 32

Lib Dem 9

Green 8

You know what, disgruntled Tory voters voters don't have to look at Labour for an alternative party to vote for, but to consistently stick to the Conservatives whilst they're publicly fucking up and publicly robbing the taxpayers is another level of mental. Tory voters are a special kind of insane if these polls are correct and shows they aren't fucking bothered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, skend04 said:

You know what, disgruntled Tory voters voters don't have to look at Labour for an alternative party to vote for, but to consistently stick to the Conservatives whilst they're publicly fucking up and publicly robbing the taxpayers is another level of mental. Tory voters are a special kind of insane if these polls are correct and shows they aren't fucking bothered.

Yes, Labour are a complete shit show so it's no real surprise that people aren't flocking to them. I'd imagine most people haven't got a clue what they are.

 

However, it's the fact support doesn't seem to be wavering from the Tories that is the most disheartening. 40% of the country is, consistently, seemingly content with what is going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Tories are still the party for Brexit supporters. A whole load of people that didn’t previously vote in GE’s but will stubbornly stick with voting Tory instead of admitting they’ve been conned. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The Tories are still the party for Brexit supporters. A whole load of people that didn’t previously vote in GE’s but will stubbornly stick with voting Tory instead of admitting they’ve been conned. 

Even taking away "Get Brexit Done" you've still got a party that's as corrupt as they come. If you can stick with them then that 40% of the electorate is corrupt too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I think Starmer is shite but it goes a lot deeper than that. Labour simply are not trusted in this country, the narrative from the early 80’s about the loony left, red Ken, barmy Benn and all that stuff is now deeply ingrained in the nations psyche. Blair knew this and created “ new Labour” in an effort to distance the Labour Party from its reputation. He knew Labour could never win otherwise and he was right. Since Browns defeat Labour went back to basics with the inevitable result. I have no idea what the answer is, I don’t know how you change the narrative and I can’t see anything other than permanent Conservative rule, which is incredibly depressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Personally I think Starmer is shite but it goes a lot deeper than that. Labour simply are not trusted in this country, the narrative from the early 80’s about the loony left, red Ken, barmy Benn and all that stuff is now deeply ingrained in the nations psyche. Blair knew this and created “ new Labour” in an effort to distance the Labour Party from its reputation. He knew Labour could never win otherwise and he was right. Since Browns defeat Labour went back to basics with the inevitable result. I have no idea what the answer is, I don’t know how you change the narrative and I can’t see anything other than permanent Conservative rule, which is incredibly depressing.

It's mad. Was watching the end of QT last Thursday and the last person on was allowed to spout anti-Labour rhetoric about the current Afghanistan situation. Even though the Tories are in charge. You just can't deal with that level of stupid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, skend04 said:

It's mad. Was watching the end of QT last Thursday and the last person on was allowed to spout anti-Labour rhetoric about the current Afghanistan situation. Even though the Tories are in charge. You just can't deal with that level of stupid 

Yep, which is why I don’t see anyway out. We’ve now reached a point where they can do whatever they want and it won’t impact them in the slightest. We were told the advent of social media would galvanise the youth and change the narrative. Didn’t happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Labour lose because a large number of working class supporters don’t want to go on the electoral roll because of catalogue defaults in the late 90s. The torys engineer debt for this very reason. If you asked every single person from the age of 18 to 99 in the country, Labour would win by a fucking landslide 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yep, which is why I don’t see anyway out. We’ve now reached a point where they can do whatever they want and it won’t impact them in the slightest. We were told the advent of social media would galvanise the youth and change the narrative. Didn’t happen.

I saw that, the little cunt still managed to blame Corbyn for Afghanistan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Think you are being a bit over-confident there Stig.

 

Yep, said it before but nobody does delusion like the left. Reality is never addressed. Take the last election, everybody talking about the winds of change, Corbyn songs getting sung in schools and Glastonbury, social media alive with mass turnouts at the polls…..you know the rest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

I think the real delusion is thinking that any of the current or former manifestations of the major parties in Britain are/were interested in doing anything more that maintaining the status quo. Whether you thought Atlee's, Wilson's, Thatcher's, Blair's or the current fat incompetent cunt's government would advance 'the people' or not, it is the dull realisation that we are always heading to the same graveyard of hopes and dreams that hold our forefathers that settles on us. 

The pub's are open, though....... for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yep, said it before but nobody does delusion like the left. Reality is never addressed. Take the last election, everybody talking about the winds of change, Corbyn songs getting sung in schools and Glastonbury, social media alive with mass turnouts at the polls…..you know the rest

 

The reality is that the Tories are more popular among the lower classes than they are among the middle classes. People who think the solution is adding more voters at the bottom should perhaps be careful what they wish for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yep, said it before but nobody does delusion like the left. Reality is never addressed. Take the last election, everybody talking about the winds of change, Corbyn songs getting sung in schools and Glastonbury, social media alive with mass turnouts at the polls…..you know the rest

Outed yourself as a right winger there. As if it wasn't already clear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×