You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

Just now, Jordy Brouwer said:

Starmer called that a "great result". 

It probably is. That is how far labour has fallen. 

Yeah, I guess in the context of the last 6 months or so, it actually is a great result. At least that sense of freefalling has been curtailed now, if not entirely stopped. 

6 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Starmer called that a "great result". 

It probably is. That is how far labour has fallen. 

I think it is a “great result”. A hugely difficult campaign, followed up with an unexpected victory. Yes, some of the numbers aren’t fantastic but there is an element of good triumphing over evil here. Maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration but still…

3 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Not a fan of Kay Burley, but this is a good grilling. It seems the only thing the Tories have got at the moment is “the vaccine rollout”. Hopefully once that starts to fade they will start to come unstuck.

So Hancock resigned I'm glad she cleared that up I wasn't sure , Didn't the lying bastard Johnson say he'd sacked him ? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tj hooker said:

So Hancock resigned I'm glad she cleared that up I wasn't sure , Didn't the lying bastard Johnson say he'd sacked him ? 

No, silly billy, Johnson caused him to resign by saying he had his full support and lavishing praise on him.

It was just above stupid people like us' heads and far too brilliant to comprehend.

• Upvote 3

Member of the public, commit crime, get caught, get prosecuted, suffer some kind of consequence.

Member of cabinet, commit crime, get caught, resign from post, carry on as MP.

Is it any wonder that people think there is no point in voting? The whole setup is fucked and corrupt as fuck.

I don't know if I am thinking way too far outside the box here, but maybe a party that's run by someone who was the DPP could gain a hell of a lot of support from the public by campaigning on the idea that if MP's broke the law they would actually be dealt with the same way anyone else is? 

Or if that's a bit too far, that perhaps constantly breaking the rules of parliament would see them at the very least stopped from being an MP.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

No, silly billy, Johnson caused him to resign by saying he had his full support and lavishing praise on him.

It was just above stupid people like us' heads and far too brilliant to comprehend.

3D chess , mate

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

Member of the public, commit crime, get caught, get prosecuted, suffer some kind of consequence.

Member of cabinet, commit crime, get caught, resign from post, carry on as MP.

Is it any wonder that people think there is no point in voting? The whole setup is fucked and corrupt as fuck.

I don't know if I am thinking way too far outside the box here, but maybe a party that's run by someone who was the DPP could gain a hell of a lot of support from the public by campaigning on the idea that if MP's broke the law they would actually be dealt with the same way anyone else is? 

Or if that's a bit too far, that perhaps constantly breaking the rules of parliament would see them at the very least stopped from being an MP.

You would think so , but the Tory vote seems a bit Trump-lite in not really giving a toss if it is their side.

35 minutes ago, sir roger said:

You would think so , but the Tory vote seems a bit Trump-lite in not really giving a toss if it is their side.

Much of the electorate have factored in that the Tories are corrupt with their voting intentions. Brexit is still playing it's part in shifting the position of a significant proportion of the electorate. Beyond that Labour are not credible to many voters, that's not a swipe at Corbyn, they haven't been credible for over a decade to many and Starmer isn't exactly putting in a great performance.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Oh my!

Imagine conspiring against your own party, shameful...

At least this time we were spared the sight of Corbyn congratulating Galloway for beating the Labour candidate, as happened in 2012.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Oh my!

Imagine conspiring against your own party, shameful...

They would never do that?! They’re pure. It’s the ultra right centrists who do that sort of thing. 

Considering the large amount of votes Galloway got trying to attack Labour from the left, it’s a great result. 

34 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

They would never do that?! They’re pure. It’s the ultra right centrists who do that sort of thing. 

Considering the large amount of votes Galloway got trying to attack Labour from the left, it’s a great result. 

One of the few instances in politics when it's actually legit to say "they're as bad as each other".