Jump to content
rb14

Keir Starmer

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Have you been drinking?

Nope. But i do have a family member who got a kicking for being gay. So, I'm not prepared to ignore that shit from someone who proclaims to be progressive. 

 

He's on ignore anyway. So it won't happen again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Maybe worth Starmer taking a look at this thread. Whoever has been advising him that his anonymity is his superpower (as per the Paul Waugh article) appears to have got their strategy wrong.

 

Yep it is an interesting tactic - say nothing and do nothing. People will then vote for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jockey said:

Nope. But i do have a family member who got a kicking for being gay. So, I'm not prepared to ignore that shit from someone who proclaims to be progressive. 

 

He's on ignore anyway. So it won't happen again. 

 

Did he miss the bit where I literally just said my brother is gay? Maybe he thinks that sometimes I just decide that's not important? He's made his mind up though and facts don't matter, I'm on ignore and that's that settled. That type of shit is one reason why politics debates are so retarded at times.

 

I mean I'm not glad to avoid him raving shite at me, but wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good news is that there is a more optimistic outlook for Kim Leadbeater in the B&as by-election. Fingers crossed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The good news is that there is a more optimistic outlook for Kim Leadbeater in the B&as by-election. Fingers crossed.


I just don’t see it, sadly, though hope I’m pleasantly surprised. 
 

There’s something fundamentally broken in society at the moment and I don’t see the fix.

 

The fact that all the news today has been presented 900 jobs have been created, yet the truth is that we actually previously lost 1500 of these very same jobs and had to bribe a multinational to the tune of 100m to save some industry.
 

This is being lapped up and has huge political weight with its significance, though it’s all smoke and mirrors.

 

Its bizarro world.

 

Sunak effectively said the financial sector is fucked as they were too arrogant to negotiate a fair trade off so Europe just cut them out, but that won’t even make the news.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sir roger said:

Interesting to see if there are enough bigoted barmpots to save her deposit.

She reminds me of that American church thingy that Louis Theroux covered, can’t remember what they were called .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Westboro Baptist Church.

 

He could have copped for one of the daughters as well, the big studmuffin.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do Labour play everything out. Brexiters have essentially fucked them off, there is a class of people who would never vote Labour. Traditional Labour voters don't think they represent them anymore and progressives think they are too "blairite" whatever the fuck that is anymore. Is it too broad a church to try and represent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The Westboro Baptist Church.

 

He could have copped for one of the daughters as well, the big studmuffin.

Hasn't one of the daughters repented and changed her ways, I'm sure she was on Joe Rogan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Hasn't one of the daughters repented and changed her ways, I'm sure she was on Joe Rogan

Lauren Drain, a few more have too. But they are still picking up converts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How do Labour play everything out. Brexiters have essentially fucked them off, there is a class of people who would never vote Labour. Traditional Labour voters don't think they represent them anymore and progressives think they are too "blairite" whatever the fuck that is anymore. Is it too broad a church to try and represent.

The classic stance of "political science" (not a real science I know) is to start with your base and build outwards. New Labour did the opposite of that during the Blair years and took its base for granted and while it worked in the short term it did immense long term damage.  

 

So Labour needs to figure out what its base is I suppose. Then build outwards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Really? Based on what?

Private polling has her in with a shout. Messages coming out of the local Labour campaign have gone from depressed a week ago to more optimistic. As I say, fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought she came across reasonably well , bar the odd silly comment and I think she was clever to more or less jib the Labour ticket off and fight it like a council election.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

The classic stance of "political science" (not a real science I know) is to start with your base and build outwards. New Labour did the opposite of that during the Blair years and took its base for granted and while it worked in the short term it did immense long term damage.  

 

So Labour needs to figure out what its base is I suppose. Then build outwards. 

Short term? Blair won three consecutive general elections, had he not resigned he would have been the fourth longest serving PM in history (and those above him wore wigs and white tights) longer than Thatcher and that’s if he hadn’t of won a fourth term which I think he would have done because Brown was shite and still managed a hung parliament. Given that Labour general election wins are rocking horse shit I really don’t see where you’re getting “short term” from. It might be worth noting that every time the left fight elections they get trounced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Short term? Blair won three consecutive general elections, had he not resigned he would have been the fourth longest serving PM in history, longer than Thatcher and that’s if he hadn’t of won a fourth term which I think he would have done because Brown was shite and still managed a hung parliament. Given that Labour general election wins are rocking horse shit I really don’t see where you’re getting “short term” from. It might be worth noting that every time the left fight elections they get trounced.

I'll raise it to medium term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

 It might be worth noting that every time the left fight elections they get trounced.

From a sample size of, what, 3 times the left have fought GEs, two were heavy defeats, one destroyed the Government's majority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

From a sample size of, what, 3 times the left have fought GEs, two were heavy defeats, one destroyed the Government's majority. 

Yeah and still lost, so lost them all. I would quite like a left administration if I’m honest but at the same time the left to me seem to display a lack of self awareness that borders on  Partridgesque, it’s a massive problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×