You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

3 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

A very spiky and flustered interview from Starmer on the BBC just then. Didn't really say much, dodged a few questions and looked a bit red in the face. 

Any leader of any party deserves more than 12 months to set the party in the direction they want it to go. But, Starmer needs to show drastic improvement and fast. And give the electorate just a hint of a clue about what direction the party will go under his tenure. 

Waste of time. 

Like fighting smoke.  

Tories need to fail on their own terms, and Labour need to stand well back.  

The Tories are going to call a GE later this year or early next.  They will ride this wave as far as it will take them.  

What Labour say from the sidelines is completely inconsequential to that, don't kid yourself.  

23 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Bailey is ahead in London.

In what world can this fucking imbecile be elected toilet monitor, let alone mayor of fucking London.

Fuck this, this is beyond absurd.

Lownturnouts = Tory activists bat signal to vote, vote, vote.  

Our locals here on Scilly were the same, just 55% turnout compared with usual 73+ %. 

The casual voter isn't arsed, it's looking alright to them, things are getting better, etc.  I called this a while back, elections are based on people yearning for change, but Covid has just made people yearn for normality.  

13 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

Fucking hell. 

You would not imagine how much of a clusterfuck his campaign has been, even the tories binned him off part way through as they saw him as a no hoper as every time he spoke he offended someone else, not like Boris offence, just scratch your head because it was so stupid shit.

I genuinely have no words if this pathetic cunt wins, I’m lost for ideas who his voters are. Has to be a vote against Labour/Khan, or something of the sort because there is no feeling for him down here, that I’ve seen and heard, apart from bafflement that this idiot was chosen to run.

4 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Lownturnouts = Tory activists bat signal to vote, vote, vote.  

Our locals here on Scilly were the same, just 55% turnout compared with usual 73+ %. 

The casual voter isn't arsed, it's looking alright to them, things are getting better, etc.  I called this a while back, elections are based on people yearning for change, but Covid has just made people yearn for normality.  

Turnout and apathy are a reason, but they can not be the reason.

As posted above you have no idea how bad this guy has done.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

You would not imagine how much of a clusterfuck his campaign has been, even the tories binned him off part way through as they saw him as a no hoper as every time he spoke he offended someone else, not like Boris offence, just scratch your head because it was so stupid shit.

I genuinely have no words if this pathetic cunt wins, I’m lost for ideas who his voters are. Has to be a vote against Labour/Khan, or something of the sort because there is no feeling for him down here, that I’ve seen and heard, apart from bafflement that this idiot was chosen to run.

I used to hear him on 5live reviewing the papers with Stephen Nolan on a Friday night. Dim doesn’t come into it: his only policy seemed to be get the kids into the cadet force to stop knife crime. 

I'd guess that the London votes are being counted in the suburbs first, where the Tory was always going to win. Once the inner city votes come in I think we'll see a rather comfortable win overall for Khan. I just can't conceive how it could be otherwise. Unless, of course, a load of morons gave their first preference vote to Count Binface to get him ahead of Laurence Fox (like I did).

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I think it's more that leavers are generally moronic, royal family shagging, racist, gullible twats and remainers are generally the exact opposite. The Brexit vote just drew a battle line. 

A perfect example of why Labour is where it is.

1 minute ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I'd guess that the London votes are being counted in the suburbs first, where the Tory was always going to win. Once the inner city votes come in I think we'll see a rather comfortable win for Khan. I just can't conceive how it could be otherwise.

There’s a lot of, not quite panic, but getting close with the people I know who know stuff.

We’ll see, fingers crossed. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

A perfect example of why Labour is where it is.

If you read it at the time given the 'sweeping statements' in both this and the election thread you'd have latched onto the sarcastic undertone. Probably. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

You're all too het-up. Lean back, enjoy the ride, the people will find their way eventually. This is Tory town for now, but being populist isn't easy when most people aren't rich.  

It's the best time, surely? You just promise them riches if they let you pick on the 'others' (insert group who can be demonised here).

30 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

They’ve hammered home knife crime rises and terrorism and laid it at Khan’s door. He may be a great London Mayor for all I know, but he comes across as ineffectual. Like Starmer, I think he has a perception problem.

Just now, Anubis said:

They’ve hammered home knife crime rises and terrorism and laid it at Khan’s door. He may be a great London Mayor for all I know, but he comes across as ineffectual. Like Starmer, I think he has a perception problem.

He does cop a lot of shit that isn't really his fault. 

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Oh, they tried that and Bailey fluffed his lines at all times. The tried to stitch Khan up on TFL etc, but none of it as stuck as it’s actually Boris’ mess that’s being cleaned up.

I’m not Khans biggest fan, but the feedback from doorstepping, polling, general party stuff is that he’s fine and ‘one of us’ and has been hobbled by the Tory cuts, this isn’t just a few people this is loads. I have no idea who is voting for Bailey, he’s ballsed everything up, alienated most and generally fucked everything up, even the tories ditched him as he was seen as a lost cause.

Genuinely bafflingly.

There is a world we are not seeing.

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

42.55% turnout in Hartlepool. 

People won't come out to vote unless you give them something to vote for. 

Electoral roll issue? People on the run from debt so don't want to register? Not a slant on Hartlepool, I'd imagine thats an issue across the UK if its still an issue.