You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Corbs could've always taken the same route as the people below, 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/47277863.amp

At least the mans showing a bit of loyalty, if, over the past few years we'd have seen a bit more of said loyalty from the parliamentary labour party the country wouldn't be in this fucking mess.

Totally agree with that BTW. 

52 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Looking at all of the triumphant tweets and posts on social media today, I fear this is where we are as a country now. Depressing.

E0u_ibkWYAI-zxx?format=jpg&name=large

It's depressing as fuck, only made worse by how few people find it depressing.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gnasher said:

A few reasons maybe,

Winters gone, everyone's been jabbed, lockdowns easing, economy is looking good, some industries have been propped up, Sunaks been giving away tons and tons of money etc. 

Labour are wankers, the voters are wankers, the media are wankers, and the Tories are dirty wankers. Some other reasons. 

I’m off for a wank.

Hartlepool even worse than I imagined , and cobblers about recovering from the ' last lot ' and Brexit party votes going to the Tories can't mask the fact that he has lost nearly half the Labour votes since the ' Worst party performance in 85 years '.

Just now, sir roger said:

Hartlepool even worse than I imagined , and cobblers about recovering from the ' last lot ' and Brexit party votes going to the Tories can't mask the fact that he has lost nearly half the Labour votes since the ' Worst party performance in 85 years '.

Doesn’t have to be one or the other, it can be both, sadly.

6 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Sorry Bruce how can a collapse in the Labour vote from 15464 to 8589 be anything to do with the previous administration ? Surely if Corbyn was so hated and toxic our vote would have increased. Mike Hill's vote in 2019 was only about a 100 less than the Tory winning vote this time. 

• Upvote 1

Grasp the nettle, lance the boil, split the party and do it now whilst they're at an all time low with little to lose.

With Labour down and out who can the flagshaggers blame for their lot at the next election? Fuck it, we'll probably be knacker deep in a cod war with the French by then anyway.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Indeed. I'm seeing a lot of glee from Corbyn fanatics (and you just need to read the responses to that twitter post about him voting Labour to know that's no overstatement) as if it somehow covers for how shit the last election result was. It's shit all around, and the Tories are walking all over everything. The fucking Tories are walking over everything. I don't know if anything Labour do can change it at the moment. I doubt a change in Leader would do much, I doubt a dramatic change in policy would do much, and the idea that Corbyn would have done better is silly; the external circumstances (I suspect everybody getting the jab so quickly has helped a lot) are dictating a lot. Here's the thing though, people can pick through the bones of this and try to twist it to match the reality of their political persuasion, but large parts of the country are loving the Tories and what they are doing. Corbyn's name shouldn't be in the mouths of anybody right now. He's no longer responsible for anything that happens in the Labour Party, and he's also not the answer to any of their problems. I genuinely have no idea what the answer to Labour's problems are. In short, the country has seemed hellbent on self-annihilation for fucking years. I genuinely don't know how much lower it can get before I just decide to fuck off out of it. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Sorry Bruce how can a collapse in the Labour vote from 15464 to 8589 be anything to do with the previous administration ? Surely if Corbyn was so hated and toxic our vote would have increased. Mike Hill's vote in 2019 was only about a 100 less than the Tory winning vote this time. 

No, I think it's a much deeper rut than just this and that in no way exonerates Starmer as I place him firmly in with the last fiasco as well, but Labour were decimated in 2019 and it looks like it continuing now, even being 'under new leadership' and that points to much bigger national problems and changing demographics/representation and that has not been addressed. Yeasterday is on Starmer completely in how the campaign was ran, the candidate offered, the message put out etc, but there's no getting away from we need a massive reevaluation of not only what 'we' are, but also what the country currently is?

Both 'sides' have now 'failed', though I think there are grounds for appeal as the world is as it currently is, though that in no way justified the appauling campaign that has just happened.

We are using yesterdays weapons to fight todays wars.

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

If Starmer had simply delivered what he promised in his party election manifesto and shown some fight against the Tories we would have made a better show last night ,100%.

Agreed, this is on him and his people totally, but there is a much larger conversation that has to take place about if we're to become a party fit for today and chasing flag shaggers isn't that way.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Agreed, this is on him and his people totally, but there is a much larger conversation that has to take place about if we're to become a party fit for today and chasing flag shaggers isn't that way.

Couldn't agree more.

34 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Chasing these 'flag shaggers' as you call them away has worked well hasn't it? Not sure the labour party are in a position of deciding which type of voter it wants to vote for them.

For those thinking of moving to the Change UK position of the right and a few on the tv are proposing that strategy here's how the pro EU liberals did in Hartlepool, 

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Looking at all of the triumphant tweets and posts on social media today, I fear this is where we are as a country now. Depressing.

E0u_ibkWYAI-zxx?format=jpg&name=large

People in fishing boat not willing to fight heavily armed ships. That's the equivalent of calling the average member of the public a pussy for not wanting to fight Connor McGregor. 

43 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

With Labour down and out who can the flagshaggers blame for their lot at the next election? Fuck it, we'll probably be knacker deep in a cod war with the French by then anyway.

I said it before the leave vote and I've been saying it ever since, I am as certain as certain can be that the line for the next 10 years or so at least will be some kind of "it's a legacy of being in the EU" soundbite bullshit for every failing.

The Tory party have never and will never accept responsibility for anything. For fucks sake they are still blaming Labour for everything as it is.

Plus they now have the added get out of how they've had to help everyone out because of Covid. 

We're going to be stuck with these fuckers for years. 

• Upvote 2