Quantcast
Keir Starmer - Page 246 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
rb14

Keir Starmer

Fed up with politicians promising you the earth just to get your vote? This tory in Blackburn dosnt bother with any of that nonsense,

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Worst Bollywood movie ever , and that's saying something.

That's a Pakistani track so I think you'll find it's Lollywood. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Have to agree with SD here, it's not neoliberalism I don't think, it's some kind of weird state/private/cronyism like basically what you'd get in Russia or Uganda. Dunno what the political science tern is. Corruption maybe. But it's basically public money into a very select group of private pockets with access to that group closely controlled. Neoliberalism is about dismantling the state or pushing it to one side, this new model needs the state because it's a cash cow. 

Crony Capitalism

• Upvote 1

That must have gone so much better in his head.  

Also, might be a bit of an image issue there as he’s potentially putting across the message that he likes hanging around children’s playgrounds.

Turns out he has form for this sort of campaign video. From when he ran as an independent.

Watching English politics at the minute is like watching a pensioner giving their bank details to 'that nice Nigerian prince who emailed me and is in a spot of bother, he's going to send me some money for helping him out' and no matter what you tell them they'll not listen.

Thorougly fucking depressing.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Anubis said:

That must have gone so much better in his head.  

Also, might be a bit of an image issue there as he’s potentially putting across the message that he likes hanging around children’s playgrounds.

... with his dick out. 

06D92772-FE04-423C-94AC-82196996CF79.jpeg

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

This should help things 

Johnson read somewhere the Falklands war proved a nice distraction for Thatcher. 

4 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

Johnson read somewhere the Falklands war proved a nice distraction for Thatcher. 

Probably close to being on the button that.

4 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

If austerity is just going to be "stuff I don't like" and neoliberals are just going to be "people I don't like" then the terms have lost all meaning. Not that they had much meaning to lose in the first place.

Or, conversely, if you're just chatting shit, then those terms do have clearly defined meanings.

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Fed up with politicians promising you the earth just to get your vote? This tory in Blackburn dosnt bother with any of that nonsense,

Truly amazing. The phone going off at 1.30 was a favourite bit.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Have to agree with SD here, it's not neoliberalism I don't think, it's some kind of weird state/private/cronyism like basically what you'd get in Russia or Uganda. Dunno what the political science tern is. Corruption maybe. But it's basically public money into a very select group of private pockets with access to that group closely controlled. Neoliberalism is about dismantling the state or pushing it to one side, this new model needs the state because it's a cash cow. 

Kleptocracy.

Could be a blood bath over the next couple of days and I don't mean just on here. The knifes out for Starmer?

Labour imo needs to hold its nerve if the results are bad, a few right wing populist columnists like Dan Hodges are mentioning Philips so the below may not be as nutty as it sounds, most want the Labour party dead and she's just the gal,

It all has the feel that things will have to get a lot worse before they get better for anyone who wants the Conservatives gone.

As bad as Trump was for the first 3 years of his term he wouldn't have been defeated but for his catastrophic response to the pandemic. It took 400k preventable deaths to manage to eek out a victory against the most obviously corrupt and incompetent POTUS ever and he still remains the preferred choice of a sizeable portion of the electorate. 

Maybe it will take the breaking up of the UK and multiple years of Brexitnomics to finally bring about a coherent opposition to the Tories. 

• Upvote 1