Quantcast
Keir Starmer - Page 228 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
rb14

Keir Starmer

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Apparently, he's not very good at researching what church to attend for his Easter social media posts... 

Following in the footsteps of Theresa May and Boris Johnson. 

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-leader-sir-keir-starmer-criticised-by-his-own-party-for-visit-to-church-with-homophobic-links-12264682

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading that he has been pulled up by a Tory mp for shouting that he was leading our response to sorting out criminals and terrorists while Johnson was still writing shit columns , but it transpires that Johnson had been mayor of London for 6 months by the time he became DPP. Not a massive issue but really easy to avoid if he and his LOTO were on the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems ironic that for someone who was sold as being on top of the details, he seems to make so many easily checkable errors.

Or someone being criticized for relying too much on focus groups, he doesn't seem to be able to think on his feet. 

 

I get the staying on message, the Tories are amazing at it, but you should be well versed enough that when you have to think on your feet you have the knowledge to not make a false statement.

 

Admittedly Johnson just lies or changes the subject, so obviously different standards.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Local council clowns dropped a leaflet through my door the other day saying sorry we missed you, even though I was in and they never knocked, I'm still a member as far as I know, members were always highlighted on your door knocking list for extra effort. It's just a shambles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had one of those news notifications, this one saying they have raised statutory sick pay by 50 pence per week. Whats the point, who the fuck does that help in any way shape or form. It's not even a gesture yet I guess I could be spun technically as we raised sick pay but the truth is it probably adds up to millions and doesn't help one single fucking person.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's depressing as fuck. In the States the Republicans have reinvented themselves as the party of the angry working class, and the Tories seem to have done the same, successfully. I'm sure a lot of the racism and shit they peddle is done by design.

 

That leaves the question of what's left for Labour. Certainly I don't think they can, or should, be pandering to that crowd as - just like with Brexit - people will instinctively believe the Tories are more patriotic, pro military and police,  even if they're not.

 

Labour has to become a force for everyone else, regardless of class. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's depressing as fuck. In the States the Republicans have reinvented themselves as the party of the angry working class, and the Tories seem to have done the same, successfully. I'm sure a lot of the racism and shit they peddle is done by design.

 

That leaves the question of what's left for Labour. Certainly I don't think they can, or should, be pandering to that crowd as - just like with Brexit - people will instinctively believe the Tories are more patriotic, pro military and police,  even if they're not.

 

Labour has to become a force for everyone else, regardless of class. 


This is what ‘we’re’ up against, this guy, last guy, guy before him, not that one, that guy as well... 

 

It’d been a built up for a few days about what church he’d choose, because of course you have to pay your respects to the subjugation of the proles sky wizard conspiracy.

 

Anyhows his house of baby Jesus isn’t the morally bastion like house of Jesus that he should have gone to, I assume there are some unaffected by scandal or other, possibly...

 

So, he goes to a church which no cunt wants to do on a Sunday and gets pilloried, firstly wrong church, secondly this one had a scandal attached. Nobody would have paid this any attention whatsofuckingever if dickheads ‘on the left’ on Twitter hadn’t dragged him over the coals for it, not even mentioning the sick bullshit they pulled on his post about Cheryl Gillian.

 

Imagine, being told you have to go to church, to be seen to be going to church to placate some blue rinse version of Blighty, then being told not that church, no , another one as the optics are bad, then settling on one where, what should be your own people dig you out after researching historical opinions.

 

He’s had to apologise to appease all of the above.

 

Johnson, slept off a hangover whilst in bed with his common law wife and 7th/8th kid, who’s counting, whilst brushing away the latest scandal of giving significant money and access to a women you’re shagging and then lying on record about it, that’s just this fucking weeks scandal. 
 

Fuck England, you deserve this fucking nonsense.

 

VERY SORRY: Starmer had another tricky day yesterday as he was forced to tweet a groveling apology for visiting a church that has been condemned for its views on homosexuality. After days of criticism, the Labour leader said: “I completely disagree with Jesus House’s beliefs on LGBT+ rights, which I was not aware of before my visit. I apologise for the hurt my visit caused and have taken down the video. It was a mistake and I accept that.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Labour won't get back in power in my lifetime. The tory tendrils extend too far into the mind-bending media. 

 

Labour will have leader after leader come in, be dismantled by the press or their own supporters for not being Corbyn enough leaving a series of Johnsons to come in and sail through scandal after scandal with no consequences. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

So, he goes to a church which no cunt wants to do on a Sunday and gets pilloried, firstly wrong church, secondly this one had a scandal attached. Nobody would have paid this any attention whatsofuckingever if dickheads ‘on the left’ on Twitter hadn’t dragged him over the coals for it, not even mentioning the sick bullshit they pulled on his post about Cheryl Gillian.


Nonsense. The church’s homophobic views have been public knowledge since Theresa May visited it four years ago. Of course Starmer’s visit wasn’t going to go unnoticed. 

 

LGBT+ Labour network raised the issue privately with his office and received an apology in private, but they were asking for a public apology and for Starmer’s video to be deleted. Instead they got Rachel Reeves on Sky trying to downplay the visit. After that they went public and forced Starmer’s hand.

 

We were promised a new era of competence and facing up to responsibility with Starmer at the helm. He and his team failed on both counts here, the latest in a series of instances. This shitshow is on them, not on the Twitter randos you’re determined to deflect blame onto at every opportunity.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Neil G said:


Nonsense. The church’s homophobic views have been public knowledge since Theresa May visited it four years ago. Of course Starmer’s visit wasn’t going to go unnoticed. 

 

LGBT+ Labour network raised the issue privately with his office and received an apology in private, but they were asking for a public apology and for Starmer’s video to be deleted. Instead they got Rachel Reeves on Sky trying to downplay the visit. After that they went public and forced Starmer’s hand.

 

We were promised a new era of competence and facing up to responsibility with Starmer at the helm. He and his team failed on both counts here, the latest in a series of instances. This shitshow is on them, not on the Twitter randos you’re determined to deflect blame onto at every opportunity.

 

Really?

 

Didn't know that, fucksake.

 

Place firmly in the being advised by fucking idiots colum.

 

This is going swimmingly...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

 

Really?

 

Didn't know that, fucksake.

 

Place firmly in the being advised by fucking idiots colum.

 

This is going swimmingly...

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-worshipping-pastor-agu-irukwu-campaigned-against-gay-equality-jesus-house-a7763996.html

 

https://twitter.com/bencsmoke/status/1379040593767194630

 

 

It's more than just bad advice. The delay in publicly acknowledging and apologising is on Starmer, the buck stops with him.

 

I could just about forgive the rank incompetence from his team if they resolved to sharpen up their act, but the refusal to promptly hold hands up and say sorry without waiting to be forced is inexcusable, all the more so given that Corbyn and RLB got booted for the very same. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And to show I'm not being factional, I'm disappointed in Dawn Butler as well. I'm sure she could have suggested a different church in her constituency that does equally good community work without the anti-LGBT stance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I agree with you Neil, doesn't it also show how fucked up the current situation is? The Labour leader has got to navigate a minefield of going to a church that's espoused anti LGBT views with the ensuing fallout set to tie him and everyone else involved up for days if not weeks, yet meanwhile the country is led by a man who once called gay people 'tank-topped bumboys'. It's almost like the playing field is not entirely level.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neil G said:

LGBT+ Labour network raised the issue privately with his office and received an apology in private, but they were asking for a public apology and for Starmer’s video to be deleted. Instead they got Rachel Reeves on Sky trying to downplay the visit. After that they went public and forced Starmer’s hand.

 

Did LGBT+ Labour ever publicly criticise the last leader for, let's be honest, continual hobnobbing with people and states who are hostile to gay rights?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

 

Did LGBT+ Labour ever publicly criticise the last leader for, let's be honest, continual hobnobbing with people and states who are hostile to gay rights?

I am not sure why LGBT would be attached to Corbyn particularly unless they felt he was doing a good job in the area , and 'Labour' never stopped criticising him about everything from getting out of bed wrong and onward.

 

If you mean he had some sympathies with people who didn't like the horrific tendency toward racism and the casual killing of people by the Israeli government you may have a point.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

 

Did LGBT+ Labour ever publicly criticise the last leader for, let's be honest, continual hobnobbing with people and states who are hostile to gay rights?

17 minutes that took to shoehorn Palestine into the conversation. To be honest I’m a bit disappointed.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×