You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

10 minutes ago, Mook said:

Opposition isn’t just about opposing things, it’s about holding the government to account. Nice to see that’s starting to happen. I wasn’t as blown away as some seem to have been but he’s clearly making the right moves and moving things in the right direction. 

I always thought Corbyn was decent at PMQs, never really understood why he got so much grief for it. Starmer has played it well so far because it seems tailored to make Johnson looks like a shyster. Johnson's shtick is to talk and keep talking using bluster to gloss over a lack of detail, but Starmer isn't lured into the slanging matches and just gets him on the detail.

Would have been interesting to see May vs Starmer, would have looked almost like old school Parliament. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Most of the time Corbyn looked like somebody’s granddad having a go at debate club. He was walked all over by bluster and jeers far too often. 

Thst said, the importance of PMQs is overstated. 

I think Starmer did really well today and having that letter ready is a sign of good planning and strategy. He knew Johnson would lie about the government advice and was ready for it.

However, he is definitely helped by the fact the pricks can't just jeer over him and also Johnson's tactic of half turning towards his own bench when answering questions (waffling shite) so they can all cheer along.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I always thought Corbyn was decent at PMQs, never really understood why he got so much grief for it. Starmer has played it well so far because it seems tailored to make Johnson looks like a shyster. Johnson's shtick is to talk and keep talking using bluster to gloss over a lack of detail, but Starmer isn't lured into the slanging matches and just gets him on the detail.

Would have been interesting to see May vs Starmer, would have looked almost like old school Parliament. 

I think its evidence,as NV said,that the stuff away from Parliament is more important than what goes on in it. Its just a pantomime where the people pulling the strings hide behind their puppets. At least its obvious that this Labour establishment is starting to understand the power of the media to get the message across in the same way the Corbyn regime used Social Media to destroy the majority in 2017. The key is if some of the Labour MPs actually follow their leader, or their big business paymasters the way some of them did after that election.

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

I agree that he did well there. My main reservation remains that the public will see his stance on Brexit as undemocratic and that could hurt Labour electorally. Example below. 

Saw her picture and the name Carol Hambelton and thought,  fuck me she looks a cunt, but then I thought no its foolish to judge someone so flippantly so i glanced at her Twitter handle and under name she has added " hates Corbyn, hates Starmer, hates commies, hates marxits. Love Boris. 

My initial reaction was correct shes a cunt.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Saw her picture and the name Carol Hambelton and thought,  fuck me she looks a cunt, but then I thought no its foolish to judge someone so flippantly so i glanced at her Twitter handle and under name she has added " hates Corbyn, hates Starmer, hates commies, hates marxits. Love Boris. 

Virtually everyone on Twitter is a cunt, it's probably the worst thing that's happened to civilisation in my lifetime. 

• Upvote 9

42 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I think Starmer did really well today and having that letter ready is a sign of good planning and strategy. He knew Johnson would lie about the government advice and was ready for it.

However, he is definitely helped by the fact the pricks can't just jeer over him and also Johnson's tactic of half turning towards his own bench when answering questions (waffling shite) so they can all cheer along.

Agree that the lower-numbered and much quieter set up has been a massive help to Starmer while he gets his feet under the table. In addition to Scooby's points above. I wasn't aware until reading a Guardian article. that Johnson routinely positions his helpers beside him during PMQ's and they are expected to shout him the answers as it goes along.

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Agree that the lower-numbered and much quieter set up has been a massive help to Starmer while he gets his feet under the table. In addition to Scooby's points above. I wasn't aware until reading a Guardian article. that Johnson routinely positions his helpers beside him during PMQ's and they are expected to shout him the answers as it goes along.

Only because he'd be too embarrassed to take his Nanny.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Covering up for peados runs deep in the British establishment.   No reason to single out just the Asian gangs they've let run rampant. 

This will be the angle rammed down peoples throats about Starmer. "Paedo enabler!" Rachel Riley will probably accuse him of noncing her newborn. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Virtually everyone on Twitter is a cunt, it's probably the worst thing that's happened to civilisation in my lifetime. 

It’s the same on Facebook. Unlike Twitter though, I know most of the people on FB so I’m a cunt for maintaining any kind of a relationship with mostly cunts. 

I’m also on Twitter so part of the cunt brigade you rightly identify there as well.

I’m basically a cunt.

Thanks for allowing me to work that through off the back of your post. I feel better for it. 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

This will be the angle rammed down peoples throats about Starmer. "Paedo enabler!" Rachel Riley will probably accuse him of noncing her newborn. 

If you're gonna push a line, it might as well be true.  

49 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

And the deflection starts

I really wouldn't advise trying to understand the nuances of the case, or any case, through bullet points provided by some anonymous flag-licker account. 

If you do so, know that you are doing so in the full knowledge that you are not going to find the truth there, and that you don't actually seek the truth.

As long as we're all clear on that, do what you like.  Just don't expect to last 30 seconds in the face of an actual informed discussion with anyone. 

4 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I really wouldn't advise trying to understand the nuances of the case, or any case, through bullet points provided by some anonymous flag-licker account. 

If you do so, know that you are doing so in the full knowledge that you are not going to find the truth there, and that you don't actually seek the truth.

As long as we're all clear on that, do what you like.  Just don't expect to last 30 seconds in the face of an actual informed discussion with anyone. 

Firstly, I'll do what the fuck I like. Secondly, I wouldn't trust a tory if they told me the right time. 

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

She's done 16 Twitter comments/Retweets in the last hour all of a political bent. Who does that and why? What normal person behaves that way?

She's either a bot, on someones payroll, or just a cunt. Which is basically Twitter. 

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

It’s the same on Facebook. Unlike Twitter though, I know most of the people on FB so I’m a cunt for maintaining any kind of a relationship with mostly cunts. 

I’m also on Twitter so part of the cunt brigade you rightly identify there as well.

I’m basically a cunt.

Thanks for allowing me to work that through off the back of your post. I feel better for it. 

Nah it's infinitely worse than Facebook. By and large people on Facebook are people you know and you can delete anyone who's acting a knob. I need a twitter account for work but even when I go out of my way to avoid following anything remotely controversial, the fucking thing shows me tweets because someone I know is following someone who's tweeted it or likes their tweet.

Virtually everything on there, no matter how innocuous, quickly descends into pure bile.

It created trump, contributed to echo chamber politics and social views, and has slowly but surely eroded the basic manors that people had had instilled in them over centuries into what and what isn't an appropriate thing to say, all led by 'influencers' who are otherwise untalented but see it as a quick and easy to build a brand, any brand.

I don't think people realise how much science goes into social media, they have teams of psychologists looking at stuff like dopamine levels and reward behaviour, not much different to gambling. That's gradually bled from the virtual into the real world and turned us into a race of attention seeking morons incapable of digesting anything remotely demanding. Consequences are there for all to see.

Combine that with all the heinous shit at companies the likes of dominic Cummings have had dealings with and you realise it is actual an industry of dark arts that's actively rewiring our brains and playing us like a fuckung fiddle.

There's been a trend for years of people in silicon valley actually ditching social media, including the guy who invented the Facebook like button, which says it all.

It's like an old Dr Who invasion story.

• Upvote 9

I love Twitter but hate Facebook.

On Facebook you naturally become connected with more people due to family and then family friends, and then friends of friends and so on. It's a lot more invasive because you read stuff from people that you don't really know.

On Twitter you can be more selective with who you follow and they are limited in what they can say due to characters.

If you're logging on to Twitter and scrolling through shite then you have an issue with the people you're following.

Due to the character limitations I find that Twitter is a lot more effective as a platform for humour whereas Facebook is used for fucking everything.

I deleted my Facebook account and it was a breath of fresh air. There's no way i'll delete my Twitter account as it entertains me every day.

In summary, Twitter is boss you daft cunts.

• Upvote 2