Quantcast
Keir Starmer - Page 175 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
rb14

Keir Starmer

Recommended Posts

It isn’t what he hasn’t done that’s the problem, it’s what he has done. He held Corbyn to account. Check any of those comments Rico was talking about. To a man they’re Corbynistas. It’s all about Corbyn. It’s not about what he has or hasn’t done in Parliament or other actions as Labour leader. It’s about what he did to Corbyn and it’s driven by the same ol’ dickheads. The Cult of Corbyn is quite something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Numero said:

It isn’t what he hasn’t done that’s the problem, it’s what he has done. He held Corbyn to account. Check any of those comments Rico was talking about. To a man they’re Corbynistas. It’s all about Corbyn. It’s not about what he has or hasn’t done in Parliament or other actions as Labour leader. It’s about what he did to Corbyn and it’s driven by the same ol’ dickheads. The Cult of Corbyn is quite something. 

Nah it's much simpler than that, it's because he's not Corbyn and wasn't chosen by Corbyn.

 

Nobody had a problem with him until he had the brass neck to run against Long Bailey, all of a sudden he was "Sir kier Starmer", voice of the establishment and heir to Tony Blair.

 

There are echoes of Trump's fanbase. Just replace lock her up and drain the swamp with centrist and blairite. Meaningless, simple terms trotted out by people who think in binary terms of either you're with their man, or you're not, and if you're not, you're a baddie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Nah it's much simpler than that, it's because he's not Corbyn and wasn't chosen by Corbyn.

 

Nobody had a problem with him until he had the brass neck to run against Long Bailey, all of a sudden he was "Sir kier Starmer", voice of the establishment and heir to Tony Blair.

 

There are echoes of Trump's fanbase. Just replace lock her up and drain the swamp with centrist and blairite. Meaningless, simple terms trotted out by people who think in binary terms of either you're with their man, or you're not, and if you're not, you're a baddie.

Well, that’s a different flavour of the same thing but they really started the campaign when the Corbyn stuff went down. What’s positive it is spawning a counter-campaign of good sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason people on the Labour left are so fucked off with Starmer right now is because he hasn’t said a word in support of teachers and school staff who are being forced back to work tomorrow in unsafe conditions.

 

Infection rates are going through the roof, the NHS is on its knees, and the government’s own scientific advisers have said that school closures are necessary to get the situation under control. Teaching unions including the usually moderate heads’ unions are calling for complete school closures in order to save lives, and they’ve been backed by all the major unions affiliated to Labour. And instead of backing these calls Starmer and his entire front bench have gone AWOL. It’s a complete abdication of leadership.

 

And this, remember, from a man who pledged to stand with unions as part of his leadership pitch to Labour members. We’re gradually starting to see what those pledges were worth. An absolute fucking disgrace.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Neil G said:

The reason people on the Labour left are so fucked off with Starmer right now is because he hasn’t said a word in support of teachers and school staff who are being forced back to work tomorrow in unsafe conditions.

Well, that’s the latest thing they’ve jumped on, yes. It’ll be something else he hasn’t tweeted next week. They’re actively looking for things to pin on him and then they all jump on it. It’s a vendetta. If it was about policy and action then they’d try to get onside to influence him. Tweeting about Keith and posting pictures about fences, calling him a Tory might not be the best way to help teachers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Kier tweets about teachers and schools it'll take the Tories another month before shutting them whilst being labelled Captain Hindsight. Keep quiet and he might do the right thing in the next few hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Neil G said:

The reason people on the Labour left are so fucked off with Starmer right now is because he hasn’t said a word in support of teachers and school staff who are being forced back to work tomorrow in unsafe conditions.

 

Infection rates are going through the roof, the NHS is on its knees, and the government’s own scientific advisers have said that school closures are necessary to get the situation under control. Teaching unions including the usually moderate heads’ unions are calling for complete school closures in order to save lives, and they’ve been backed by all the major unions affiliated to Labour. And instead of backing these calls Starmer and his entire front bench have gone AWOL. It’s a complete abdication of leadership.

 

And this, remember, from a man who pledged to stand with unions as part of his leadership pitch to Labour members. We’re gradually starting to see what those pledges were worth. An absolute fucking disgrace.

The teachers union should change their name to the Board of Deputies (Heads) and he'll start listening to them. 

 

But, the points you and others have raised about Kier Leader are all made up. The lack of faith in him is nothing to do with actual shite things he's done/hasn't done. It's all because of Corbyn. Definitely. Has to be. Because some people who think they're much more knowledgeable and level headed than those thick, blinkered, loony lefties said so. Or something. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, skend04 said:

If Kier tweets about teachers and schools it'll take the Tories another month before shutting them whilst being labelled Captain Hindsight. Keep quiet and he might do the right thing in the next few hours.


He’s gonna fuck that up now by doing something. You should have kept quiet. 
 

 

FD6CEF49-B04D-444E-B553-1F781339D322.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Numero said:

Well, that’s a different flavour of the same thing but they really started the campaign when the Corbyn stuff went down. What’s positive it is spawning a counter-campaign of good sense. 

An awful lot of unsubstantiated assumptions in your and sections posts above. If what you are saying is close to the truth and we'll have to guess as their is little evidence to back them up then maybe just maybe Starmer has been the architect of his own problems by his over the top suspension of Corbyn from the Labour party. It's not a case of a few dissenting voices as Section and yourself seem to imply, I believe up to a third of labour party members expressed unease at the Corbyn treatment and suspension. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:


He’s gonna fuck that up now by doing something. You should have kept quiet. 
 

 

FD6CEF49-B04D-444E-B553-1F781339D322.jpeg

Wes Streeting in the Starmer inner circle? Pass me the sick bucket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Wes Streeting in the Starmer inner circle? Pass me the sick bucket.

Jesus Christ. He’s the Shadow Minister for Schools. 
 

Its fucking hard work with a few of the people on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Nah it's much simpler than that, it's because he's not Corbyn and wasn't chosen by Corbyn.

 

Nobody had a problem with him until he had the brass neck to run against Long Bailey, all of a sudden he was "Sir kier Starmer", voice of the establishment and heir to Tony Blair.

 

There are echoes of Trump's fanbase. Just replace lock her up and drain the swamp with centrist and blairite. Meaningless, simple terms trotted out by people who think in binary terms of either you're with their man, or you're not, and if you're not, you're a baddie.

You've done a very good job in thinking in Binary terms with that post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Numero said:

Jesus Christ. He’s the Shadow Minister for Schools. 
 

Its fucking hard work with a few of the people on here. 

Exactly, he shouldn't be within ten metres of a child.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Numero said:

Well, that’s a different flavour of the same thing but they really started the campaign when the Corbyn stuff went down. What’s positive it is spawning a counter-campaign of good sense. 

I agree with you the Corbyn suspension was the catalyst, dont know about the "campaign of good sense" bit though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:


He’s gonna fuck that up now by doing something. You should have kept quiet. 
 

 

FD6CEF49-B04D-444E-B553-1F781339D322.jpeg

" discontent over the Labour front bench" "Beyond the left"  eh??? The labour front bench chosen by Keir Starmer? But Numero and Section said it was Corbyns fault again? 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

" discontent over the Labour front bench" "Beyond the left"  eh??? The labour front bench chosen by Keir Starmer? But Numero and Section said it was Corbyns fault again? 

Except, of course, I didn’t and even if I did it has no correlation with the thing I’m talking about. Strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Numero said:

It’s about what he did to Corbyn and it’s driven by the same ol’ dickheads. 

 

I will agree on the dickheads by again just assumptions.

4 hours ago, Numero said:

 

The Cult of Corbyn is quite something. 

 

Well he was a democratically elected leader of a major British political party which had almost half a million members. I'm not sure the "cult" appraisal is entirely accurate. 

4 hours ago, Numero said:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given we know the little gremlins are super spreaders this is one of those occasions Kier needs to shit while on the pot, and come out in favour of locking the schools down. There are plenty of other things he can keep his powder dry on, but he should speak out on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Numero said:

It isn’t what he hasn’t done that’s the problem, it’s what he has done. He held Corbyn to account.

Did he hold Corbyn to account though?  

4 hours ago, Numero said:

Check any of those comments Rico was talking about. To a man they’re Corbynistas. It’s all about Corbyn.

 

Why is the situation of children not going back to school all about Corbyn when to my knowledge he hasnt even commented on the issue?

 

It’s not about what he has or hasn’t done in Parliament or other actions as Labour leader. 

Again, why isn't it? 

4 hours ago, Numero said:

It’s about what he did to Corbyn and it’s driven by the same ol’ dickheads. The Cult of Corbyn is quite something. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Given we know the little gremlins are super spreaders this is one of those occasions Kier needs to shit while on the pot, and come out in favour of locking the schools down. There are plenty of other things he can keep his powder dry on, but he should speak out on this.


It’s not even political point scoring it’s public safety and he should, rightly, back the unions and follow scientific advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Given we know the little gremlins are super spreaders this is one of those occasions Kier needs to shit while on the pot, and come out in favour of locking the schools down. There are plenty of other things he can keep his powder dry on, but he should speak out on this.

He cant because then the sacking of long Bailey would look ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×