You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

1 hour ago, Numero said:

The divisions are already there. If they’re there for one man, then they’re not there for the Labour movement. Maybe the rift between social democrats and Corbynites has become too wide. Maybe the SWP is a genuinely better fit? 

Or the Chuka party (fuck knows what its called) maybe a better fit for Hodge and co?

20 minutes ago, Numero said:

I know you won’t, but can you please show me which tribe I’m part of and what in there means I’m part of that tribe. 

You would probably accuse me of being dishonest again, so well done, you are correct I won't. Wow, you really do know what people think.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Who are "they" ? The 10 million who or so who voted Labour? The half million members?  

Does Labour now have to do as its told by a certain faction tknthe right of the party? as you Section and Skippy seen to advocate.  A faction of trouble makers whom some even admitted to voting Tory. at the last election? 

Well it seems they picked up 15-20% in the polls so I'm assuming it's the members you're talking about that they're losing.

18 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

You would probably accuse me of being dishonest again, so well done, you are correct I won't. Wow, you really do know what people think.

I was only asking you to back up the claim. Seems fair enough. It doesn’t matter. The only tribe I seem to be in there is the ‘I don’t like dickhead Corbynites’. And I am definitely in that box. I have no issue with those who, like I did twice, voted for Corbyn. I do have a massive issue with those utter cunts like Rachel Swindon and that crew of mentally incapable fuckwits. 

Out of interest, which tribe was I before Starmer was on the scene and I was calling for the heads of those working against Corbyn, what tribe was I in when I called out the independent group shithouses? I dunno, and honesty mate, I don’t even care at this point. 

In short, there’s a significant difference between criticising something and being in somebody’s tribe. The bottom line is this: I’ve been saying this about the left on here for years. We are twats. I’ve been totally consistent all the way through. The left-wing infighting is fucking the left-wing over, and I’m tired of the memory-span that only last a few months as if this is the first examples of it. It’s really impacting real people. The difference is, it wasn’t an issue on here when I was calling out those doing it against Corbyn. It’s only an issue now I’m saying it against Corbynites. Why? Tribalism. 

11 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Alas, they cannot, as CUKTIG is no more, along with all its financical records, which were destroyed in not at all suspicious circumstances.

Chuka is making paper and gaining influence...

’Chuka Umunna is a strategic corporate advisor to companies on business-critical issues that impact on long term value, reputation and narrative – environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors in particular.

He is Executive Director and Head of ESG at one of the world’s leading corporate advisory firms, a non-executive director of several UK companies, lawyer, keynote speaker and former politician who served in a number of senior roles for a decade in the UK parliament.’

Can’t remember what it was, but there was something fishy about one of his non-director posts. 

55 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Chuka is making paper and gaining influence...

’Chuka Umunna is a strategic corporate advisor to companies on business-critical issues that impact on long term value, reputation and narrative – environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors in particular.

He is Executive Director and Head of ESG at one of the world’s leading corporate advisory firms, a non-executive director of several UK companies, lawyer, keynote speaker and former politician who served in a number of senior roles for a decade in the UK parliament.’

Can’t remember what it was, but there was something fishy about one of his non-director posts. 

Comrade!

Remember Chuka was going for the labour leadership but abruptly pulled out over something about his family being unearthed in the press? Seemed a bit iffy then.

The labour partiy is full of charlatans, Ian Leslie, Jess Phillups, Hodge, Berger etc.Half of the plp souldn't be anywhere near the party.

43 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Remember Chuka was going for the labour leadership but abruptly pulled out over something about his family being unearthed in the press? Seemed a bit iffy then.

The labour partiy is full of charlatans, Ian Leslie, Jess Phillups, Hodge, Berger etc.Half of the plp souldn't be anywhere near the party.

His dad is very rich, but pays very, very little tax.

He’s also used his ill gotten gains to buy presents, such as London houses, for his kids, through offshore tax havens.

20 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

His dad is very rich, but pays very, very little tax.

He’s also used his ill gotten gains to buy presents, such as London houses, for his kids, through offshore tax havens.

If you're talking about Umunna's father, then he pays no tax at all. There's a very good reason for that...

10 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

If you're talking about Umunna's father, then he pays no tax at all. There's a very good reason for that...

Used to buy...

Should have stated past tense. 

There’s a murky past with his finances, which the family still benefit from, came out during the potential leadership bid, when he stepped back.

You have to chuckle at the walkout earlier. 

"One source described how Howard Beckett had given an angry speech ahead of the walkout but then spent an agonising minute attempting to find the button to leave the virtual meeting."

Can see why he's one of the people in line to take over from Len M.

11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I still have a chuckle about the Labour deselection demo led, I think, by Owen Jones, in Umunna's constituency. One of the protesters carried a "More blacks, more Irish" placard, which I'm sure went down well with the half-Nigerian, half-Irish Umunna.

He didn't seem to be particularly bothered by his new leader describing a person as having a bit of a 'tinge' so I'm sure he will survive.

11 minutes ago, skend04 said:

You have to chuckle at the walkout earlier. 

"One source described how Howard Beckett had given an angry speech ahead of the walkout but then spent an agonising minute attempting to find the button to leave the virtual meeting."

Can see why he's one of the people in line to take over from Len M.

OK, zoomer

• Upvote 1

I wonder if he'll mention Priti Patel (the vile little cunt) in a minute. He probably won't. He'll probably ask the same question 6 times and let Johnson accuse Labour of trying to ruin Christmas. 

In-Fact I bet The Grinch or Scrooge is one of Johnsons soundbites