Quantcast
Keir Starmer - Page 153 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
rb14

Keir Starmer

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

 

Fuck their version of history.

 

 

Yeah that'd be the smear campaign doing more damage than it was supposed to and starting to backfire. The idea that Corbyn alone should be blamed for that is mental after what the media and others did to him for years. Maybe a good step forward for Labour would be accepting that and speaking about it more instead of pointing the finger at Corbyn so often. And maybe more discussion about why his policies and ideas caused such propaganda to be spewed out in the first place.

If you start calling the MSM out as 'propaganda' then what do you think will happen?  Same old shit, dismissing it as crank theory, etc. 

 

The truth is that the Tories will surge in the polls soon when the country is vaccinated and we enjoy a party atmosphere of returning to normal.  12 months later, depending on the Brexit picture, is when things bite again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

It's only a poll obviously, but none.

 

https://www.indy100.com/news/eu-membership-countries-vote-leave-remain-8888956

 

EU28, Kantar poll: European Union Membership Referendum % Remain

Ireland 91%

Netherlands 91%

Sweden 89%

Spain 88%

Germany 89%

Belgium 87%

Portugal 92%

Greece 75%

Bulgaria 83%

France 74%

Estonia 89%

Slovakia 86%

Italy 72%

Hungary 81%

Denmark 86%

Poland 89%

Romania 89%

Yeah, remember that shite in the UK press about the Netherlands wanting to leave? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way we're all raging at each other on this thread, despite all fundamentally being of similar political outlook, is probably the culmination of some heinous plan that was hatched in a digital think-tank seven years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The way we're all raging at each other on this thread, despite all fundamentally being of similar political outlook, is probably the culmination of some heinous plan that was hatched in a digital think-tank seven years ago.

Disagree, you fucking Tory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The way we're all raging at each other on this thread, despite all fundamentally being of similar political outlook, is probably the culmination of some heinous plan that was hatched in a digital think-tank seven years ago.


If Gnasher isn’t the culmination of decades worth of PsyOp development I’d be fucking amazed. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:


If Gnasher isn’t the culmination of decades worth of PsyOp development I’d be fucking amazed. 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Numero said:

It’s almost certainly true, and it would have happened under ever leader of every party ever. It’s how they work, it’s actually a big part of their job. I’m not sayings it’s right but they all do it. TV shows have been written about it. 

 

Hopefully if they speak out more it'll happen less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

If you start calling the MSM out as 'propaganda' then what do you think will happen?  Same old shit, dismissing it as crank theory, etc.

 

It's hard but more people can start realising it if the calling out is sustained enough. The alternative is to lose consistently to whatever crap they decide to invent.

 

Today's drama is the NEC too, left members staged a digital walk out and new chair is Margaret Beckett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Hopefully if they speak out more it'll happen less.

I’m not seeing the correlation between the two things. It is done to keep the dirty laundry in house. Anybody dragging down leadership in public is generally a bad thing, though there must be a way to do it internally. Still, she is young and naive. She’ll learn or suffer defenestration. Just how it is. The idea that being more insubordinate and more undermining is going to make things better for them is, I suspect, a touch hopeful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

 

It's hard but more people can start realising it if the calling out is sustained enough. The alternative is to lose consistently to whatever crap they decide to invent.

 

Today's drama is the NEC too, left members staged a digital walk out and new chair is Margaret Beckett.

Did they all turn over to Neighbours? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Corbyn needs to fuck off now. 

He missed his chance, and now history has been written by the victors and he's an antisemite. He keeps drawing Starmer within orbit of his muck.  I can't think of an example of a tainted politician getting an electorate back onside.  

The sad thing regarding this post is I'd guess their might be a few on here who agree it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Numero said:

I’m not seeing the correlation between the two things. It is done to keep the dirty laundry in house. Anybody dragging down leadership in public is generally a bad thing, though there must be a way to do it internally. Still, she is young and naive. She’ll learn or suffer defenestration. Just how it is. The idea that being more insubordinate and more undermining is going to make things better for them is, I suspect, a touch hopeful. 

 

I can understand the in house thing but it's not as if those that hated Corbyn stayed that quiet when he was leader, so it probably just seems normal to me that people speak out so often now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

 

I can understand the in house thing but it's not as if those that hated Corbyn stayed that quiet when he was leader, so it probably just seems normal to me that people speak out so often now.

I thought that would be the response. It so often is. ‘Yeah, it’s wrong, but payback is a bitch’. Enjoy the Tory cuts, bitches. I called for those undermining Corbyn - anybody working against a Labour Party victory - to be thrown from the party. My opinion hasn’t changed, though it seems like Corbyn fans who complained about it before are fucking relishing it now. It’s all so self-defeating. 
 

As for the NEC walk out, you’ve got to love it. 
 

‘The Corbyn-supporting bloc on the NEC – which now has a majority supportive of Starmer’s leadership – has been further angered by a decision to allow members to elect a new chair, rather than having a rotating chairmanship’

 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/24/corbyn-supporting-labour-faction-stage-nec-mass-walkout

 

The fact that there’s still a ‘Corbyn-supporting bloc’ is insanity. He is, as for almost all of his career, a backbencher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:


If Gnasher isn’t the culmination of decades worth of PsyOp development I’d be fucking amazed. 

Go fuck yourself Skippy then have another glance at the drop in Labour membership again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Go fuck yourself Skippy then have another glance at the drop in Labour membership again.

Oh no what are we going to do?

 

They've ensured we've been in government for the last 4 years and now they're deserting us the Tories will get back in.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

The way we're all raging at each other on this thread, despite all fundamentally being of similar political outlook, is probably the culmination of some heinous plan that was hatched in a digital think-tank seven years ago.

Yawn. Do you not work for the labour party? Its obvious if that if you try to  expel a former leader who was popular with the grass roots members it's going to cause divisions but you probably knew that anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Oh no what are we going to do?

 

They've ensured we've been in government for the last 4 years and now they're deserting us the Tories will get back in.......

Who are "they" ? The 10 million who or so who voted Labour? The half million members?  

 

Does Labour now have to do as its told by a certain faction tknthe right of the party? as you Section and Skippy seen to advocate.  A faction of trouble makers whom some even admitted to voting Tory. at the last election? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Numero said:

I thought that would be the response. It so often is. ‘Yeah, it’s wrong, but payback is a bitch’. Enjoy the Tory cuts, bitches. I called for those undermining Corbyn - anybody working against a Labour Party victory - to be thrown from the party. My opinion hasn’t changed, though it seems like Corbyn fans who complained about it before are fucking relishing it now. It’s all so self-defeating. 
 

As for the NEC walk out, you’ve got to love it. 
 

‘The Corbyn-supporting bloc on the NEC – which now has a majority supportive of Starmer’s leadership – has been further angered by a decision to allow members to elect a new chair, rather than having a rotating chairmanship’

 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/24/corbyn-supporting-labour-faction-stage-nec-mass-walkout

 

The fact that there’s still a ‘Corbyn-supporting bloc’ is insanity. He is, as for almost all of his career, a backbencher. 

The fact that something is called a "Corbyn supporting block" by the Guardian doesn't make it so. 

It seems, from reading that article, that the protest was against the rule change on electing the chair as opposed to rotating the chair as was previously the case. The irony being if Corbyn or "his block" had changed the rules as soon as he had become leader and taken numbers on the NEC it would have been called out as outrageous and a sign the Left are trying to take control of the party structure by the very same Guardian.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yawn. Do you not work for the labour party? Its obvious if that if you try to  expel a former leader who was popular with the grass roots members it's going to cause divisions but you probably knew that anyway. 

The divisions are already there. If they’re there for one man, then they’re not there for the Labour movement. Maybe the rift between social democrats and Corbynites has become too wide. Maybe the SWP is a genuinely better fit? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Numero said:

I thought that would be the response. It so often is. ‘Yeah, it’s wrong, but payback is a bitch’. Enjoy the Tory cuts, bitches. I called for those undermining Corbyn - anybody working against a Labour Party victory - to be thrown from the party. My opinion hasn’t changed, though it seems like Corbyn fans who complained about it before are fucking relishing it now. It’s all so self-defeating.

 

I think the party is too divided anyway. I don't think this would ever happen but maybe the best option if there's a party split would be for every single other party to just accept they're part of a spectrum of different views, but that the Tory cunts have to go.

 

Then work out who's standing in seats around the country between each other and try and form an alliance of everyone but those bastards. They'd have years to plan this if they did it soon. Then if they win get PR in instantly and our problems for a big part are solved. It couldn't be anything like the chaos we saw at the last election though. Every party would have to know exactly what seats they're standing in and what seats they're standing down in with no room at all for error or arguing once the next election starts.

 

If they'd just fucking do it we'd probably be able to sort the country out. Then if PR is added go back to fucking arguing with each other and see who comes out on top. This though isn't working, and even if we go to another leadership contest and Starmer loses we'd still be fucked, right back where it was with Corbyn if a more left wing MP won. It could be that Labour is broken and there's no going back now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be seriously reconsidering the appointment of Evans, if I was Starmer. I would also not be paying too much attention to what 'Corbyn outriders' are saying on Twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Numero said:

The divisions are already there. If they’re there for one man, then they’re not there for the Labour movement. Maybe the rift between social democrats and Corbynites has become too wide. Maybe the SWP is a genuinely better fit? 

Starmers Whores Party ? 

Not a great title but as long as us Corbynites can keep Labour I am happy enough.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Starmers Whores Party ? 

Not a great title but as long as us Corbynites can keep Labour I am happy enough.

I had a different 'W' but I'll go with yours.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×