You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

7 minutes ago, aRdja said:

It’s 8:20 in the morning, I’ve just showered, about to walk to get coffee, and start work. My last work meeting of the day finishes at 2:30pm so won’t be able to read the report until then at the earliest, but it’s going to be a bit busy today... as loads of people are gonna take Monday off, because we have Melbourne Cup day on Tuesday. Probably won’t have time to read it until this evening, but pubs are back open now... since Wednesday. Most likely I’ll read it in bed this time tomorrow .  

However, I maintain that to have a chance to win the next election I have said previously that Starmer needs to nip this in the bud sharpish, so without knowing what Corbyn has supposedly done I’m provisionally okaying his sacking, as it should help give an impression of a clean break, so the same attack lines couldn’t be used against him going forward.

Two ‘traps’ Starmer should do well to avoid; 1) Being dragged back to the wrong side of the Brexit discussion 2) Having Israel vs Palestine conflict as a UK Labour Party issue, as neither seems to posses any political capital amongst the votes they need to steal back from the Red Wall. This seems in-line with the second point. However, I will read the report in full at some stage. 

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Firstly - cool your jets.  It's really not worth getting this stressed.

I’m not stressed, I’m flummoxed by the ‘it’s his job’ response. I know it’s common to read into something in the written form and think there’s something behind it that ther isn’t, but I’m bemused at the response and frustrated by the lack of coherent thought patterns. 

10 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Secondly... what Starmer could have done was keep together a front bench in which all parts of the party are equally respected and valued.  He could have refrained from hoofing left-wingers on the flimsiest of pretexts.  That might have helped.  That would have shown leadership.

He sacked one left winger from the front bench. You seem to be attempting to make out as this is a regular thing. She retweeted something, she was asked to take it down, she didn't, and she was shown the door. To have allowed that wouldn’t have been leadership, it would have been the vacuum of leadership which would have opened the door to more insubordination and lack of control. Even then, you name one thing - giving RLB a pass when she defied him - how is that uniting the party in six months. Give over. It’s a ridiculous criticism and it’s because he booted Corbyn today. 

15 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

For all your protestations, I'm not a Corbyn-worshipper (or a liar!)  I'll criticise him where I think it's valid, just like I would anybody else.  I spent a lot of time defending him on the Corbyn thread because so many in the media spent so much time attacking him - and so badly.  When people say a bloke in a decent suit and tie is unacceptably scruffy, or that a bloke on a packed train was really on an empty train or that he's an active supporter of every terrorist group going... well, it's just silly, isn't it.  If people were saying that shit about Starmer, I'd be defending him just the same.  I have an evident bias against obvious horseshit.

I think this is self-delusional. You seem to be trying to convince yourself you’re not a Corbyn-supporter, but you clearly are swayed by that. It’s so obviously true when you read everything you’ve been saying for half a decade. This is what’s horseshit... on a day when an independent report ripped into the leadership, the one fixing the issue - and seems that most of the electorate agree with him - is the target of your ire, not the one who let it happen. The way Starmer dealt with today was one of the best displays of leadership I’ve seen since... well, I genuinely can’t remember when. His response to the report in particular was excellent. His suspension of Corbyn was just after his speech which outlined that anybody saying these things needs to be away from the party. Corbyn’s response was just a perfect example of his leadership. 

22 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

ou didn't really just blame grassroots Labour activists for the loss of the last election did you? 

No, I didn’t just blame grassroots for losing an election, I said I hoped that it’ll be different ones than those who lost the red wall after you asked who will do the next round? I’m assuming you’re talking about those who will fuck off because he has been suspended. Do you have any idea how unpopular Corbyn was? Seriously, outside of your own political and friendship bubble, do you have any idea how disliked he was. Not just his policies on Brexit or antisemitism, but him. The idea that Corbynites fucking off and not campaigning isn’t quite the threat you seem to think. 

26 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I haven't "waved away" the report; it's bollocks to say I have

Oh please, you’re going to break out in hives if you really are allergic to bullshit. You were very dismissive just then. I urge you to read the report because it’s damning. Damning of leadership. Damning of unlawful harassment. Damning of unlawful discrimination. Damning of unlawful political interference. It’s shameful and there’s one person who is dealing with it and it’s the person you’re trying to paint as a Tory in different clothes. It’s nonsense. 

29 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I disagree that you have outlined steps that show good leadership. 

I’m sorry, no. This is demonstrably false. I literally outlines three fundamental stages of leadership that need to be taken to even approach making anything resembling a United party. 

31 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

You've basically supported the summary hoofing of anyone who the tabloids disapprove of.

You’re making things up now. The tabloids? Okay, sure. I support his line in the sand and suspending anybody who crosses it. That’s fair, consistent management, much less basic requirements of a leader. Tabloids? Fucking hell. 

32 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That's not good leadership for a democracy.

You know what’s not good for leadership or democracy, it’s undermining a democratically elected leader by pretending he’s a Tory. That’s the Corbynite game at the moment. It’s actually pathetic. 

Only just seen this, what a complete load of fucking bollocks! So glad that I'm done with Labour, if the Green Party disbanded tomorrow I wouldn't go back to Labour with a fucking gun to my head!

Amazing to see that no only can the state of Israel influence US foreign policy, it can even extend to Labour party membership policy!

Jeremy Corbyn has been shafted, and he's about as anti-Semitic as Jackie fucking Mason!

4 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Only just seen this, what a complete load of fucking bollocks! So glad that I'm done with Labour, if the Green Party disbanded tomorrow I wouldn't go back to Labour with a fucking gun to my head!

Amazing to see that no only can the state of Israel influence US foreign policy, it can even extend to Labour party membership policy!

Jeremy Corbyn has been shafted, and he's about as anti-Semitic as Jackie fucking Mason!

What did you think of the independent report? 

Just now, Paulie Dangerously said:

What were the antisemitic comments he made according to the Berger woman? No dog in this fight, as I think they're all cunts, just curious if he's been making jokes about betting shops and pork or if it's all actually bollocks. 

It's all actually bollocks! Nice to see Auntie Beeb has lined up a firing squad on QT! I'd love some of these lying cunts to get called out on telly but you've got more chance of knitting fog!

22 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

giphy.gif

Serious about what? I gave you my more general view on this issue because you were chasing me. I haven’t read one word of the report yet, won’t get to it until tomorrow or this weekend. Twitter is borderline unreadable at the moment... not sure where to start to catch up there

2 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Very interested to know what the actual allegation is given:

image.png

If it was down to the "exaggerated" comment, that's pretty wild given it's a). obviously true, and b). a position roughly half the membership agree with (or did when polled in March 2018).

13 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

So who influenced it, when, and how?

The mainstream media, the Conservative party etc etc from the day Corbyn took office as leader until the day Starmer took over. They did it with saturation coverage of every little slip Corbyn made (the mural incident for instance)!

Riddle me this if anybody can, these exacting standards the EHRC is now holding Labour to over it's actions on alleged acts of anti-Semitism, a) will Labour be held to the same standards over alleged acts of other forms of discrimination (Islamophobia for instance)?, and b) will all other political parties (including the cunts on the government benches) be held to the same standards?

I fucking well hope so!

Seems Liza Nandy getting a bit of grief on Twitter now from the burn the witch brigade for seemingly suggesting Jewish people are doing well for themselves. Nandy has been a keen fighter against anti semitism, nothing wrong with what she says here, it's all getting ridiculous now.

15 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

The mainstream media, the Conservative party etc etc from the day Corbyn took office as leader until the day Starmer took over. They did it with saturation coverage of every little slip Corbyn made (the mural incident for instance)!

Riddle me this if anybody can, these exacting standards the EHRC is now holding Labour to over it's actions on alleged acts of anti-Semitism, a) will Labour be held to the same standards over alleged acts of other forms of discrimination (Islamophobia for instance)?, and b) will all other political parties (including the cunts on the government benches) be held to the same standards?

I fucking well hope so!

Afraid not 

13 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Seems Liza Nandy getting a bit of grief on Twitter now from the burn the witch brigade for seemingly suggesting Jewish people are doing well for themselves. Nandy has been a keen fighter against anti semitism, nothing wrong with what she says here, it's all getting ridiculous now.

But that’s an A/S trope, that the Jews are doing better than the rest of us.  

Is it too late to get your name added to this report? 

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

But that’s an A/S trope, that the Jews are doing better than the rest of us.  

Is it too late to get your name added to this report? 

I cant be kicked out of the labour party Rico as I'm not a member. I was going to join tomorrow but after today's events I dont think I'll bother, seems the place is full of anti semites.

24 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I fucking well hope so!

No need to look at the Tories. You can trust them to sort it out themselves honestly. 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/may/12/equalities-watchdog-drops-plan-for-tory-islamophobia-inquiry

10 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

I take it she was saying, as she later seemed to clarify, that the racists wrongly try to justify it because they’re aiming at the powerful. Mincing words. Labour can’t seem to help themselves. 

Nothing wrong with what she said. The witch hunters are trawling through every word, it's why I think Starmers actions may rebound on him., hes drawn a hard line.