You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

21 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

But, remember, it's wrong to say that people have used antisemitism allegations for political capital... 

Exactly. A lot of faux outrage going on, the sad thing that gets overlooked is whilst people make false allegations, the real racists (and Corbyn ain't one) roam free.

1 minute ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

There was one a while back with his internal approval rating really high. I used it when talking to Gnasher, but he ignored it. That said, this might dent things lol. 

I’m not even going to edit that out. It’s disgusting and I know better. It’s a slippery slope from ‘lol’ into emoticons. Punish me, Errol. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Are you fucking for real with this shit? You  said he was a poot leader because of he failed to unite the party. How can you possibly call him a poor leader for not uniting the party within six months if you don’t know what he should have done instead. If you can’t say what steps he should have taken to unit it, how can you possibly say what he is doing is poor leadership? This is utterly fucking pathetic.

I let most idiotic shit slide on here these days because it’s reduced from quality people to a bunch of clueless people who have never studied politics, never been involved in politics beyond popping to their local CLP, and don’t really know what they’re talking about, but this shit is absolutely ridiculous. I’ve never seen such a silly post from you as ‘it’s his job to work it out’. At least since last time somebody called Corbyn scruffy. Of course it’s his job, you’re criticising the job he is doing and the steps he is taking. It’s reasonable to ask what he should have done. Anything else is juvenile ’click his fingers and make everything ok’ territory. Pathetic. 

Deliberately done the opposite! What a load of utter bollocks. Look at his approval within the party. Look at his approval outside of it, he hasn’t done the opposite he has started to hold people to account, as he said he would. That’s how you gain trust. You say something. You do something. That might not be your kind of leadership, but it is mine.

You’re very good at spewing out claims but terrible at giving examples of what else should be done. Who will knock on the doors of the red wall? Hopefully different ones to those who turned it blue, eh? 

Oh my Jesus. Yes, okay. I think we’re almost done here. Corbyn inherited a problem, tried to tackle it, but it was the anti-Corbynites that stopped him. Read the report, and get off Corbyn’s balls. This is actually ridiculous. So much for your lies about not being a Corbyn fanatic. That’s exactly what you are and always have been. One look at the early Corbyn thread where you lose your shit over every criticism is enough to show your evident bias. 

Your hand-waving at the report is frankly gross. Show some fucking humility and honesty and criticise him for his role in this. It lists unlawful discrimination and harassment and you want to wave it away and point fingers at Starmer and, frankly, anybody but Corbyn. In short, fuck off. The noises in here today have really painted a picture, and it’s a grim one. 

Yes, unlike you who seems to have read it through the lens of twitter Corbynistas. You say, he supports the findings, he says ‘i do not support all of the findings’. There’s no remorse, no apology for his part. It’s a shocking and shameful set of findings and your defence here lays your own bias bare. 

You're absolutely fuckin’ right about that. Only one of us has outlined the steps that would show good leadership. You just say ‘this is bad’ and can’t show what leadership steps he should take. It’s utterly ridiculous. Stick to shouting at Gnasher about Europe.

Firstly - cool your jets.  It's really not worth getting this stressed.

Secondly... what Starmer could have done was keep together a front bench in which all parts of the party are equally respected and valued.  He could have refrained from hoofing left-wingers on the flimsiest of pretexts.  That might have helped.  That would have shown leadership.

For all your protestations, I'm not a Corbyn-worshipper (or a liar!)  I'll criticise him where I think it's valid, just like I would anybody else.  I spent a lot of time defending him on the Corbyn thread because so many in the media spent so much time attacking him - and so badly.  When people say a bloke in a decent suit and tie is unacceptably scruffy, or that a bloke on a packed train was really on an empty train or that he's an active supporter of every terrorist group going... well, it's just silly, isn't it.  If people were saying that shit about Starmer, I'd be defending him just the same.  I have an evident bias against obvious horseshit.

You didn't really just blame grassroots Labour activists for the loss of the last election did you?  The only analysis I've seen puts it down to three factors - people's opinion of Corbyn; Brexit; and the perceived unaffordability of the manifesto.  Can't blame the rank & file activists for that.

I haven't "waved away" the report; it's bollocks to say I have.  I haven't seen the details of it yet.  I have seen people saying it's a bit of a mixed bag: some bits of it confirm that Corbyn and Formby managed to improve the handling of complaints of anti-Semitism.

I disagree that you have outlined steps that show good leadership.  You've basically supported the summary hoofing of anyone who the tabloids disapprove of.  That's not good leadership for a democracy.

• Upvote 1

Just catching up on this now, been busy.

Well played Starmer. 

No, Corbyn is not a racist but that doesn't matter, the report said he was, END OF THE MATTER, DO NOT DIE ON THIS HILL.

Starmer is no idiot.  This is done, line drawn under it, racism accusations dealt with on strongest possible way, and now the balance of power around the racism debate switches.  Now, Starmer has hands free to call our Tory racism where it arises, and they can't laugh it out of parliament because Starmer has exorcised the ghost of Corbyn and his acolytes. 

This isn't about racism, nor pyrrhic victories or matters of principle.  There is no desire in the media to fairly adjudicate a debate on anti-Semitism.  So you don't. You run a broom through it and you pull the rug out.  Done. Sorry Jez, but your brother makes this fucking easy.  

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Well played Starmer. 

No, Corbyn is not a racist but that doesn't matter, the report said he was, END OF THE MATTER, DO NOT DIE ON THIS HILL.

Starmer is no idiot.  This is done, line drawn under it, racism accusations dealt with on strongest possible way, and now the balance of power around the racism debate switches.  Now, Starmer has hands free to call our Tory racism where it arises, and they can't laugh it out of parliament because Starmer has exorcised the ghost of Corbyn and his acolytes. 

This isn't about racism, nor pyrrhic victories or matters of principle.  There is no desire in the media to fairly adjudicate a debate on anti-Semitism.  So you don't. You run a broom through it and you pull the rug out.  Done. Sorry Jez, but your brother makes this fucking easy.  

Eh, correct me if I'm wrong but your third sentence, did the report claim Corbyn was racist?

5 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Well played Starmer. 

crack-cocaine-is-a-hell-of-a-drug.jpg

27 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Man you can’t keep us hanging like that....baited breath here

It’s 8:20 in the morning, I’ve just showered, about to walk to get coffee, and start work. My last work meeting of the day finishes at 2:30pm so won’t be able to read the report until then at the earliest, but it’s going to be a bit busy today... as loads of people are gonna take Monday off, because we have Melbourne Cup day on Tuesday. Probably won’t have time to read it until this evening, but pubs are back open now... since Wednesday. Most likely I’ll read it in bed this time tomorrow .  

However, I maintain that to have a chance of winning the next election, I have said previously, that Starmer needs to nip this in the bud sharpish. So without knowing what Corbyn has supposedly done I’m provisionally okaying his sacking, as it should help give an impression of a clean break, so the same attack lines couldn’t be used against him going forward.

Two ‘traps’ Starmer should do well to avoid; 1) Being dragged back to the wrong side of the Brexit discussion 2) Having Israel vs Palestine conflict as a UK Labour Party issue, as neither seems to posses any political capital amongst the votes they need to steal back from the Red Wall. This seems in-line with the second point. However, I will read the report in full at some stage. 

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

It’s 8:20 in the morning, I’ve just showered, about to walk to get coffee, and start work. My last work meeting of the day finishes at 2:30pm so won’t be able to read the report until then at the earliest, but it’s going to be a bit busy today... as loads of people are gonna take Monday off, because we have Melbourne Cup day on Tuesday. Probably won’t have time to read it until this evening, but pubs are back open now... since Wednesday. Most likely I’ll read it in bed this time tomorrow .  

However, I maintain that to have a chance to win the next election I have said previously that Starmer needs to nip this in the bud sharpish, so without knowing what Corbyn has supposedly done I’m provisionally okaying his sacking, as it should help give an impression of a clean break, so the same attack lines couldn’t be used against him going forward.

Two ‘traps’ Starmer should do well to avoid; 1) Being dragged back to the wrong side of the Brexit discussion 2) Having Israel vs Palestine conflict as a UK Labour Party issue, as neither seems to posses any political capital amongst the votes they need to steal back from the Red Wall. This seems in-line with the second point. However, I will read the report and full at some stage. 

Phew, it’d be a bit embarrassing for Keir Starmer to have to back at this stage.