You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

1 minute ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

So Labour lost by almost 160 seats last time. Now they’ve somehow (though I can’t see how) alienated those groups, how many fewer seats will they get next time? 

You can't see how they've alienated the youth vote?

By kicking out Corbyn they will lose a huge amount of support in the 18 to 24 category, the category where they have the largest lead.This will filter down in to the next few age groups as well. 

I can't put a number on it, but Brexiteers hate Sir Keir, Labour Heartlands hate him, there's almost no reason to vote Labour anymore.

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

By kicking out Corbyn they will lose a huge amount of support in the 18 to 24 category, the category where they have the largest lead.This will filter down in to the next few age groups as well. 

I can't put a number on it, but Brexiteers hate Sir Keir, Labour Heartlands hate him, there's almost no reason to vote Labour anymore.

I’m assuming you get your news from the Soviet backed ‘Canary’ website? 

2 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Be lucky to get a deficit of 200 then? 

2 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I dont think anyone can seriously blame Starmer over Brexit. Labour were in a lose lose scenario and up until the last couple of months handled it well.

Just now, Gnasher said:

I dont think anyone can seriously blame Starmer over Brexit. Labour were in a lose lose scenario and up until the last couple of months handled it well.

He does have to play it right though. Some want there to be a ‘rejoin’ policy. Like... come on now, I wanted us to stay but that’s just political suicide. 

Just now, Nummer Neunzehn said:

He does have to play it right though. Some want there to be a ‘rejoin’ policy. Like... come on now, I wanted us to stay but that’s just political suicide. 

No I meant in the past when he was Brexit secretary. I thought labour's policy was ok.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I’m assuming you get your news from the Soviet backed ‘Canary’ website? 

No I did follow them at one point, but swiftly un followed them when I read an article that looked like it had been written by a child. 

I follow lots of different groups, some right wing some left wing, and the one thing they all have in common is that they don't like Starmer one bit.

On the right he's described as a nonce apologist, on the left he's described as a Tory apologist.  

12 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I mean it can hardly be any worse now can it?

7 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

No I did follow them at one point, but swiftly un followed them when I read an article that looked like it had been written by a child. 

I follow lots of different groups, some right wing some left wing, and the one thing they all have in common is that they don't like Starmer one bit.

On the right he's described as a nonce apologist, on the left he's described as a Tory apologist.  

And that tells you nothing in itself?

We’re all being so blindsided by our echo chambers we’re forgetting to think critically. 

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Seriously? Would you list prominent high profile black people then say “can’t stand em and make zero apology” ? Maybe you could explain the difference because I’m not seeing it. 

He’s saying he can’t stand them because of their viewpoint not their ethnicity/religion. Is this not obvious?

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Cool.

The organisation has been described as controversial[32] and the Jewish Labour Movement has called its views an "extreme fringe".[33] Jewish Leadership Council chairman Jonathan Goldstein has said that JVL is "not representative of our community".[34] Board of Deputies of British JewsPresident Marie van der Zyl has referred to JVL as "a tiny organisation whose odious views are representative of no-one but themselves."[35] Jon Lansman, founder of Momentum, stated that JVL "is an organisation which is not just tiny but has no real connection with the Jewish community at all" and "It doesn't represent the Jewish community in a way that JLM clearly does represent the Labour wing of the Jewish community." Luke Akehust, director of We Believe in Israel and secretary of Labour First, has called for JVL to be proscribed.[36]

Fun fact about JVL: you have to be both Jewish and a member of the Labour Party to join, unlike JLM.

• Upvote 2