You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You might just be the biggest hypocrite on here and thats some fucking going. How you can switch from coming across as a decent fella to an absolute wanker is just metal. We all do it but you take it to another level altogether. Pick a side. Oh and if you're gonna make accusations like the one at NV at least back it up especially when he's asked you about 5 times. Either back it up or admit you got it wrong. It's not a crime to be wrong sometimes. 

Whoa!! I addressed why I hadn't replied to Numeros post earlier, I have been a bit busy and didnt have the time. I've logged on infrequently recently and last night I find myself being called a cunt and a coward! I believe one of them insults was from you. If you really want to go on the most violated person on this forum I must be near or at the top, the one that hurt from the receiving  end was the racist slur, i dont take kindly to being called a racist.it shouldn't hurt to be called it by an anonymous person on the internet but it did, probably because I have so much respect for the person who threw the insult. I've fought against racism and injustice all my life and that ain't stopping.

As for my own replies and slurs thrown I do agree with you and admit I've not covered myself in glory at times . I refer specifically to the silly insult by me at a member of Numeros family, I apologised for my words in public soon after and i repeat that apology to Numero now. 

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Whoa!! I addressed why I hadn't replied to Numeros post earlier, I have been a bit busy and didnt have the time. I've logged on infrequently recently and last night I find myself being called a cunt and a coward! I believe one of them insults was from you. If you really want to go on the most violated person on this forum I must be near or at the top, the one that hurt was the racist slur, it shouldn't hurt to be called it by an anonymous person on the internet but it did, probably because I have so much respect for the person who threw the insult. I've fought against racism and injustice all my life and that ain't stopping.

As for my own replies and slurs thrown I do agree with you and admit I've not covered myself in glory at times . I refer specifically to the silly insult by me at a member of Numeros family, I apologised for my words in public soon after and i repeat that apology to Numero now. 

Good man. 

5 hours ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

And the moment he does start to act like a protest party rather than a sensible party ready for government, he loses a lot of ground and goes back to where Corbyn was. I’d sooner he realises his position and plays it the best he can with the objective of winning an election. I prefer doing something rather than saying something. 

Where do you draw the line, though? An Opposition party has to do some opposition  - especially with a racist, negligent kleptocracy in power - otherwise they are lending tacit support.

I don't think there's any evidence that Labour lost votes in 2019 for opposing Tory policies (except on Brexit).  

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Where do you draw the line, though? An Opposition party has to do some opposition  - especially with a racist, negligent kleptocracy in power - otherwise they are lending tacit support.

I don't think there's any evidence that Labour lost votes in 2019 for opposing Tory policies (except on Brexit).  

There's definitely a line, but I think that line varies with a few factors. First is the thing you're opposing; is it worth expending the political capital? Secondly, will your opposition actually stop the thing you're opposing? And I think 'does it win or lose votes' is also a factor. If it is worth it, and it's just too important, then of course there's a strong argument for it. If it isn't that important whilst also being ineffective and losing you votes... well, why bother. 

As for your last line, the 'except for' in this case is an extreme case and really important. It's one of the two main factors in why they got the margin of result that they did. There's also the case that principles clash with the civic duty of representing people. 

Then there's the other side of the coin. If it's a vote winner, and it's important, and you can make change, that's when you go ham. So yeah, depends on the issue. 

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Sorry here to disagree angry but I thought the labour policy on Brexit was near on fine. It was a difficult position and as the poster Jarz (you asked me to comment on his post) said was almost impossible to get right.

The lib dems and Swanson fucked up the labour strategy on Brexit, neither Corbyn nor Starmer should shoulder blame for that.

52 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Sorry here to disagree angry but I thought the labour policy on Brexit was near on fine. It was a difficult position and as the poster Jarz (you asked me to comment on his post) said was almost impossible to get right.

The lib dems and Swanson fucked up the labour strategy on Brexit, neither Corbyn nor Starmer should shoulder blame for that.

I thought Labour’s policy was (morally) spot-on. Unfortunately, due to the incompetent messaging that Secsh mentioned, it was portrayed as "Labour will ignore your vote because they hate you".

Politics is going the way of the icon, the popular person who you think you know and trust and like. 

America had their Trump moment, but don't forget they also had their Reagan moment, an actor.

We had our 'Boris' moment, his stints on telly and all sorts of shit made him a celebrity, a shit one, but it was enough.

Icons transcend political divides.  Staunch Tories may vote for an icon who is Labour if they like the person enough.  Imagine David Jason running to PM, a few million Labour would lend him their vote even if he was a right wing twat, which I think he might be. 

For me, Labour need to get Hugh Grant running for a seat. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Politics is going the way of the icon, the popular person who you think you know and trust and like. 

America had their Trump moment, but don't forget they also had their Reagan moment, an actor.

We had our 'Boris' moment, his stints on telly and all sorts of shit made him a celebrity, a shit one, but it was enough.

Icons transcend political divides.  Staunch Tories may vote for an icon who is Labour if they like the person enough.  Imagine David Jason running to PM, a few million Labour would lend him their vote even if he was a right wing twat, which I think he might be. 

For me, Labour need to get Hugh Grant running for a seat. 

It does my head in the way that trend has taken hold over here. It sort of makes sense when you're voting for a directly elected President, but it makes no sense in our political system. No ballot paper is ever going to have the options "Boris Johnson or Keir Starmer" printed on it, but that is exactly the way the news media report it and the way the parties play it.

This country's political system needs ripping up and starting again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It does my head in the way that trend has taken hold over here. It sort of makes sense when you're voting for a directly elected President, but it makes no sense in our political system. No ballot paper is ever going to have the options "Boris Johnson or Keir Starmer" printed on it, but that is exactly the way the news media report it and the way the parties play it.

Fuck yes, it does. Needs owned by the state, wants offered by private industry. Focus on the betterment of people not corporations unless the two overlap. No donations to political parties. New PR voting system. Abolition of the Tories. Jobsagoodun. 

18 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It's all about the cult of personality, it's a shortcut for stupid people to feel involved and educated about politics, they don't need to know about their actual politics, just be a casual judge of their personality and personal history.  

Don't be surprised to see Ian Botham getting a safe seat and put into contention in 2025.

Labour did it with Corbyn though.  Difference being the party weren't united behind him. Oh, the press murdered him on a daily basis for years.  Mind you, with a brother like that he shouldn't have been anywhere near leadership.  

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Labour did it with Corbyn though.  Difference being the party weren't united behind him. Oh, the press murdered him on a daily basis for years.  Mind you, with a brother like that he shouldn't have been anywhere near leadership.  

I had a number of issues with Corbyn but not because of his brother. You dont choose family.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

New poll out 

Labour +10000000

On 23/10/2020 at 17:12, Colonel Bumcunt said:

It's all about the cult of personality, it's a shortcut for stupid people to feel involved and educated about politics, they don't need to know about their actual politics, just be a casual judge of their personality and personal history.  

Don't be surprised to see Ian Botham getting a safe seat and put into contention in 2025.

Botham's just been made a Lord

Obviously, he can't be an MP as well... in fact, I don't think Lords are allowed to vote