You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

8 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Am I missing something here?

Shouldn't the actual prime minister be getting castigated for going missing when all this is going on?

He should be. But in the absence of the useless cunt, the leader of the opposition, or at least anyone from the opposition should be making as many media appearances as possible. Both are deserving of criticism.

2 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

He should be. But in the absence of the useless cunt, the leader of the opposition, or at least anyone from the opposition should be making as many media appearances as possible. Both are deserving of criticisim.

Fair enough 

7 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Am I missing something here?

Shouldn't the actual prime minister be getting castigated for going missing when all this is going on?

Johnson is currently engaged in operation clausewitz.

The reason he's not interested is because he's a brat and he doesn't care what happens to people as he lost his little job. Trump esque. I just wish he'd die.

Just now, Section_31 said:

Johnson is currently engaged in operation clausewitz.

The reason he's not interested is because he's a brat and he doesn't care what happens to people as he lost his little job. Trump esque. I just wish he'd die.

This is not a surprise. What is, is the opposition not making as much capital as they can of the absolute cluster fuck the Tories are making of the running of our country. I reckon you or I could do a better job of holding this shower to account.

Naga Munchetty absolutely skewers Jonathan Reynolds in this interview this morning. She must also be one these Corbynistas. 

It takes soon doing to turn the conversation towards Labours own failings in the middle of an energy and water crisis.

Here Munchetty refuses to fall for Reynolds blatant lie regarding Gordon Brown's call for renationalising certain energy companies. Good for her. 

Sorry but the current Labour Party are a national embarrassment.

13 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

He should be. But in the absence of the useless cunt, the leader of the opposition, or at least anyone from the opposition should be making as many media appearances as possible. Both are deserving of criticism.

Hasn't Gordon Brown been in the media quite a lot on this?

3 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Hasn't Gordon Brown been in the media quite a lot on this?

He has indeed and if rumours are correct an awful lot of people at the top end of the Labour Party are not very pleased about it.  The reaction from Jonathan Reynolds when questioned on Brown's proposals by Naga Munchetty this morning will definitely not quash those rumours.

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

He has indeed and if rumours are correct an awful lot of people at the top end of the Labour Party are not very pleased about it.

Oh yes, and who is spreading these rumours?

If you think a tribal party loyalist like Gordon Brown is acting without at least the tacit approval of the leadership, well...

1 minute ago, Strontium said:

If you think a tribal party loyalist like Gordon Brown is acting without at least the tacit approval of the leadership, well...

As Gnasher pointed out, the only real clues so far are the responses of Starmer's shadow cabinet, and Harman was very negative and Reynolds looked like he was going tbrough a proctology exam.

27 minutes ago, Strontium said:

It's not like Starmer has confirmed that Brown is tasked with certain projects lately. You know, when he mentioned the work that both Brown and Blair are doing behind the scenes. Multiple times. It must have come as such a surprise. Anyway, when is this public lynching of Starmer for being away for, I dunno how long it has been - years? - because I don't want to miss it. I really have no issue with Starmer taking a holiday. This 'there's a cost of living crisis, where is he!' faux outrage is bollocks. What's he going to do, tweet? Give an interview saying how it's unacceptable? It's all so silly. A few days off with his kids, during parliament holiday, it's not the end of the world; a break from shouting at the telly will do people good. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, sir roger said:

As Gnasher pointed out, the only real clues so far are the responses of Starmer's shadow cabinet, and Harman was very negative and Reynolds looked like he was going tbrough a proctology exam.

Another small clue might be the Labour party not showing one ounce of enthusiasm for a single word of the recommendations Brown put forward.