You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Has Britain got an official opposition? We've had the Bank of England raising intrest rates and Shell and BP posting massive profits. We know the Tories couldn't care less but where the fuck is the the shadow Chancellor Rachel Reeves? Or Starmer? Or Lammy? 

A lot of people are really struggling.

Here's the answer to where Lammy was,

• Downvote 1

15 hours ago, Mudface said:

Eh? Surely it must be Dempsey after that video. So good it got posted 75 times.

Nope, it's because people like him upset people like you.

Strange how do you keep seeing it.

You were the poster who recently advised another poster to put me on ignore. 

On 04/08/2022 at 19:44, Strontium said:

Amnesty just keeps jumping those sharks, huh.

I can't describe how much this misuse of the phrase "jumping the shark" has annoyed me. (Unless, of course, it's true that Amnesty has run out of ideas - because nobody is commuting human rights abuses - and they're just making up ridiculous, implausible rubbish.)

13 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

If brown had won the election and not Cameron, that would have been the ultimate sliding doors moment. No austerity, no Brexit. 

If Clegg hadn’t been a fucking clown and asked Brown to step aside as negotiation for the coalition the world would be a very different place.

But hey-ho, carrier bags are more expensive, so obviously worth it in the long run.

15 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

If Clegg hadn’t been a fucking clown and asked Brown to step aside as negotiation for the coalition the world would be a very different place.

But hey-ho, carrier bags are more expensive, so obviously worth it in the long run.

Let's not forget Bob from Fight Club letting Alex off the hook in 2019 too just when parliament had him by the balls.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

More expensive? They’re fucking extortionate. 

On 07/08/2022 at 09:25, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I can't describe how much this misuse of the phrase "jumping the shark" has annoyed me. (Unless, of course, it's true that Amnesty has run out of ideas - because nobody is commuting human rights abuses - and they're just making up ridiculous, implausible rubbish.)

It’s outrageous that people have just sat back and let him get away with such a dismissive remark about an organisation that sticks up for human rights. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

A dour bastard, but more brains in his little finger than the Tory party put together.

I think I forget sometimes how fucking good a chancellor he was!

And he's a good man too. He genuinely cares. Choosing Cameron ahead of him set us on the path we are currently on. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

And he's a good man too. He genuinely cares. Choosing Cameron ahead of him set us on the path we are currently on. 

It was the connection with being part of Blairs government, along with being the scapegoat for the financial crash which put people off him.

If only he'd gone for an election earlier  Jim Callaghan syndrome!

38 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

It was the connection with being part of Blairs government, along with being the scapegoat for the financial crash which put people off him.

If only he'd gone for an election earlier  Jim Callaghan syndrome!

I think it was more a case of Gordon Brown looks and talks like Gordon Brown. Some people give a shit, and they vote on policies and ideology - roughly 30% on either side, give or take - but then there's a group of people who don't give a shit about politics most of the year, don't have a clue what's going on, then once every five years they have a quick look at who they like and seems competent, and they vote for them.

@Numero Veinticinco you need to have a word with one of my mates from work.

I posted on Facebook that clip of Sunak boasting that he took money from deprived areas to give it to affluent areas. My mate's only response was to criticise the journalist who published it because she's (apparently) in the Starmer camp and Starmer is (obviously) as bad as the Tories.