You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

I'm laying my cards on the table and saying he's in no way perfect but I hope Starmer fucks off after being  caught by the Rozzers and Burnham leads Labour to victory at the next election. It'll be fucking hard but i think the Labour movement and the activists would get behind Burnham to take the fight to the Conservatives and push our man over the line.

Then we can have proportional representation to keep these other cunts out for good 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Unfortunately i think you are right. The lot of them give me the shivers but i think Burnham is definitely best amongst them. 

That's my opinion and i do confess to getting the odd thing wrong but if Starmer gets fined, then resigns, Burnham has got to be the man to step in, surely? Come on, fucking hell!! 

I'm not sure how big his profile is in the party?

I'm.assumimg he is centre left so would he have the same opposition corbyn had?

He was on r4 the other day talking about pr and he made a lot of sense.

I still think the media would tear him apart.

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

I'm not sure how big his profile is in the party?

I'm.assumimg he is centre left so would he have the same opposition corbyn had?

He was on r4 the other day talking about pr and he made a lot of sense.

I still think the media would tear him apart.

Fuck the media. Get him in on a center left platform of renationalising our assets and proportional representation. Let's fucking have it.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

We've had this discussion, the answer is Dan Jarvis. Once entrusted with defence of the UK, he now wishes to establish a new order amongst us, with himself as absolute ruler.

0f5325e1-0a33-440c-9495-9762a9c7d890 (1).jpg

If you subscribe to the belief that the msm are the kingmakers he is the one Labour MP I think they would struggle to smear. As far as I’m aware he has no interest in standing and I’ve no idea where he sits on the left-right wanker scale.

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Needs to be part of the manifesto though in that situation. As it will any of the parties that may need to prop up a minority government or form part of a coalition. 

Yeah, although I fully support antidemocratic measures that bring about more democracy. 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, sweet if you're a Tory cunt. 

Sadly the reason we have FPTP is labour think the same way. Get them in government like the Blair government and they think they'll rule forever. Hopefully losing Scotland the way we have will focus a few minds in the labour camp. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Sadly the reason we have FPTP is labour think the same way. Get them in government like the Blair government and they think they'll rule forever. Hopefully losing Scotland the way we have will focus a few minds in the labour camp. 

One of the things that has really pissed me off was the opposition by so many Labour centrists to the referendum on voting reform because it wasn’t perfect. It wasn’t perfect but it was better than nothing. It was a start. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Do what?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/04/starmer-ends-labour-silence-on-brexit-as-he-rules-out-rejoining-single-market

His speech yesterday is basically tying the party to Boris's deal in order to placate leave voters. It's just cakeism of a new kind as there's no renegotiation of it apart from the NI protocol. I just don't understand the grandstanding when it's unnecessary.

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/04/starmer-ends-labour-silence-on-brexit-as-he-rules-out-rejoining-single-market

His speech yesterday is basically tying the party to Boris's deal in order to placate leave voters. It's just cakeism of a new kind as there's no renegotiation of it apart from the NI protocol. I just don't understand the grandstanding when it's unnecessary.

I edited my post, but I guess not in time. I’m not sure I could think of anything more suicidal than him coming out in favour of rejoining the EU. To do what Benn recently said and fight the next election on Brexit would be Tory heaven. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

I edited my post, but I guess not in time. I’m not sure I could think of anything more suicidal than him coming out in favour of rejoining the EU. To do what Benn recently said and fight the next election on Brexit would be Tory heaven. 

Yeah, rejoining the EU isn't happening for a multitude of reasons. Most of them aren't even in the UK's gift to tackle. I'm just not sure why a speech had to be made to entrench the position of the party and country even further. I don't think there's been any targeting of Labour as wanting to rejoin. Maybe I've missed some news.

3 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Yeah, rejoining the EU isn't happening for a multitude of reasons. Most of them aren't even in the UK's gift to tackle. I'm just not sure why a speech had to be made to entrench the position of the party and country even further. I don't think there's been any targeting of Labour as wanting to rejoin. Maybe I've missed some news.

I don’t think it has entrenched the position, but he outlined that rejoining the EU or a customs union isn’t on the table, all the analysts I’ve read are suggesting this is the sensible position. Even if we did rejoin, it would be on worse terms than we had before and would be sold as going back on Brexit. It would destroy Labour. His position now looks to be, this government have put us in a shitty position but there’s things we can do to make it better without going back in Brexit. 

Now I hated Brexit to the point inlet it cloud my judgement on how Corbyn should approach it last time. If Starmer makes the same mistake that Corbyn made, I’m doing what is right or even best, over Brexit then it will be self destructive and there’ll be more Tory government. 

I guess you’re saying he could just not have mentioned it. Well, yes, that’s my preferred tactic until the time comes for election. It has somewhat been panned by those wanting him out and calling people out though.