You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

On 26/06/2022 at 23:35, Numero Veinticinco said:

He is a chancer politician cunt. Simple really. I think his words were ‘no serious party of government should be joining picket lines’. Well, I can sort of see that perspective whilst also just asking ‘erm… why?’. Striking can be a completely legitimate method to protect the rights of the worker. So if it’s one of the strikes where it’s NHS vs the government and they’re being shafted, get behind it. Most of the country are behind the NHS. RMT… not so much. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/29/david-lammy-apologises-for-getting-facts-wrong-about-ba-strike

20 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

18 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Okay, why did you quote me? I mean, I’m glad he apologised but if you actually read my post, you’ll see what I think of him. 

Am I losing my mind or are you two having this exact argument on another thread? 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Am I losing my mind or are you two having this exact argument on another thread? 

You’re not losing your mind, he is running around like a headless chicken quoting it, telling me how right he was, even though I was calling Lammy a cunt. It’s, erm, interesting behaviour. 

On 27/06/2022 at 07:36, Numero Veinticinco said:

The principle that I want Labour to show at the moment is the ‘do what it takes to win’ principle. Only then can they change anything. If the front bench turning up to picket lines makes them look like a party that’s not a party of government to some of the voters needed to actually get into government, then fine. Build a big fucking Trojan horse and ride it into Number 10 if needed, because that’s the only way to make a difference.

It’s all very well patting ourselves on the back, getting photos ‘supporting’ workers, and then giving the Tories a huge mandate to destroy workers. That’s not supporting workers, not really. Supporting workers is using your platform to make substantive difference to their lives. Apologies in advance for speaking his name, but Corbyn gets a lot of praise for turning up at these events, but what has he really done in his entire career to make a serious change. Photos on the picket line make you feel good, but years in government allow you to do good. If he won the election, he could have given the workers the rise. Lammy turning up at NHS pickets doesn’t actually get them what they need. If you are serious about helping people, you can’t just ‘win the argument’, you have to win elections. 

The reason people were upset with Lammy was his ambivalent attitude to workers on the Marr show. Seems he agrees with us. Sometimes you've simply got to say what's right and what's just.

My original post a while back about the incompetence of politicians and their advisers was aimed squarely at the Tories, but fuck me how could Lammy and his spads let him look so stupid on tv. Even I appear to have had more idea of the nuances of the BA situation than them.

17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The reason people were upset with Lammy was his ambivalent attitude to workers on the Marr show. Seems he agrees with us. Sometimes you've simply got to say what's right and what's just.

Again, I’m not sure what him saying he was wrong on the details has to do with me or anything in the quote, or even what you’re claiming. No reason to quote me unless it actually has something to do with it, because it’s like you’re somehow saying it contradicts anything I’m saying. 

Not sure where all the talk of Rayner being rubbish today comes from, she was a bit over excited, but she wiped the floor with Raab and allowed his class prejudices to come through along with misogyny.

She's being roundly celebrated elsewhere.

She served him his arse and the news cycles will be full of 'Dom thinks the plebs shouldn't go to the opera' 'Dom smirks while being told off for being MIA during the Afgan crisis' 'Dom can't resist giving sexy commie tart Ang a wink as he patronises the fuck out of her and every other working class member who doesn't think culture is something you learned about in the GCSE Biology you failed as your school was fucking rubbish and your teacher a nonce' 'Angela makes a mockery of the Tories anti protest bill' ad nauseam...

A bit too 'in your face' for me, she looked like she'd glass him outside a kebap shop when he mentioned Corbyn, but she showed him up for the empty headed, entitled fool we all know him to be.

54 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Not sure where all the talk of Rayner being rubbish today comes from, she was a bit over excited, but she wiped the floor with Raab and allowed his class prejudices to come through along with misogyny.

She's being roundly celebrated elsewhere.

She served him his arse and the news cycles will be full of 'Dom thinks the plebs shouldn't go to the opera' 'Dom smirks while being told off for being MIA during the Afgan crisis' 'Dom can't resist giving sexy commie tart Ang a wink as he patronises the fuck out of her and every other working class member who doesn't think culture is something you learned about in the GCSE Biology you failed as your school was fucking rubbish and your teacher a nonce' 'Angela makes a mockery of the Tories anti protest bill' ad nauseam...

A bit too 'in your face' for me, she looked like she'd glass him outside a kebap shop when he mentioned Corbyn, but she showed him up for the empty headed, entitled fool we all know him to be.

I could masturbate to that!

18 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Angela Rayner wears George Cox creepers. Joe Strummer also wore George Cox creepers. She's alright with me. 

Smurf off twitter is not very  impressed with Rayner. Smurf loves Boris, she backs Boris.. They have thousands upon thousands of middle aged women like Smurf on twitter. 

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Smurf off twitter is not very  impressed with Rayner. Smurf loves Boris, she backs Boris.. They have thousands upon thousands of middle aged women like Smurf on twitter. 

Where are you all coming from? 

From smurf land where we belong

Are you talking just like us?

No, we smurf, it′s much less fuss

Do you do things that we don't dare? 

We are real smurfs, so we don′t care

This is a song with a nice refrain

Yes, we will sing it once again

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

She should throw a sickie next time and let Cooper take over.

Raabs wink would become a nervous twitch very quickly as she absolutely destroys him.

Yep. 

I really like Rayner and I've seen her be really good, I just thought yesterday she ranted on and gave Raab a few easy lines to bat away. She made some good points (she always does) but I didn't enjoy watching it. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep. 

I really like Rayner and I've seen her be really good, I just thought yesterday she ranted on and gave Raab a few easy lines to bat away. She made some good points (she always does) but I didn't enjoy watching it. 

I like her myself and I agree with you that she can be really good but yesterday not so much imo, she's capable of better.

I just think that had that been Cooper she would have wiped the floor with Raab and showed him up to be the thick as two short planks gobshite he is.

5 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I like her myself and I agree with you that she can be really good but yesterday not so much imo.

I just think that had that been Cooper she would have wiped the floor with Raab and showed him up to be the thick as two short planks gobshite he is.

Cooper generally wipes the floor with all of them. They hate her. Rayner's an easy target. Working class northerner who apparently joked about her "growler"? The right wing media don't even need to be creative. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Cooper generally wipes the floor with all of them. They hate her. Rayner's an easy target. Working class northerner who apparently joked about her "growler"? The right wing media don't even need to be creative. 

Nothing wrong with a working class northern bird joking about her growler though!