You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Well, it’s certainly beyond my belief, even if the reasons are clear. We need a revolution in schooling. It’s not fit for modern purposes. 

It would definitely start in education but that level 0f deference that seems to think that just because some can speak a few words of Latin,makes him a good leader  seems to be embedded in this countries dna. 

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

It would definitely start in education but that level 0f deference that seems to think that just because some can speak a few words of Latin,makes him a good leader  seems to be embedded in this countries dna. 

Yeah, you’re right; we’d better start with critical thinking 101

10 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, you’re right; we’d better start with critical thinking 101

I might have posted about Finland in the Ukraine thread, as I heard a BBC R4 report from there as they prepared to join NATO.

The whole place is set up to enable its citizens to take a full part in the civic life of the country and also be prepared to defend it against a nominally stronger aggressor. Critical thinking is taught in schools. 

They score high in education and abolished private schools. 

Might be a bit of a downer with the weather but it must be nice to live somewhere where citizens are treated a bit more equally. 

All the worst things about the UK are being magnified at the moment, and it’s hard to see the good stuff in the same light. 

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

After that fucking nonsense yesterday Starmers toast, a sitting duck.

A human rights lawyer uneasy on the subject of human rights. 

He’s not up for this. Incapable against these fucking lightweights. Needs to go. I would probably go for Yvette Cooper. Keep Rayner deputy. Definitely not that light blue shithouse Streeting

17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

After that fucking nonsense yesterday Starmers toast, a sitting duck.

A human rights lawyer uneasy on the subject of human rights. 

In amongst his silly quips he was doing as good as he's done. Thats very annoying. 

2 minutes ago, corro said:

He’s not up for this. Incapable against these fucking lightweights. Needs to go. I would probably go for Yvette Cooper. Keep Rayner deputy. Definitely not that light blue shithouse Streeting

Defo keep Rayner deputy. She looked hot yesterday with her hair up and all. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, corro said:

I'd by OK with that. At least Cooper can think on her feet. 

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/keir-starmers-guide-to-being-bold-and-radical-without-offending-bigots-20220616222252

Keir Starmer's guide to being bold and radical without offending bigots

16th June 2022

I’M Keir Starmer, here to present a radical vision for Labour which won’t offend the racists and bigots who would never vote for me anyway. Here’s my plan:

Don’t condemn the Conservative’s worst policies

I want to appeal to everyone, including the type of person who thinks they’re ‘indigenous’ to the United Kingdom, so I’ll hedge my bets on everything, including sending refugees to Rwanda. I’ll vaguely criticise it to appeal to my core voters but not promise to scrap it completely so borderline racists might still give me a chance. Radical, huh?

Slag off your own side

If there’s one thing that appeals to Tories, it’s calling Jeremy Corbyn a twat. No matter that I was in his shadow cabinet or campaigned for him to Prime Minister, I’m prepared to throw anyone under the bus if I think it will win me votes. But in a more caring and compassionate way than Boris Johnson, obviously.

Use topical cultural references

Nothing wins hearts and minds quicker than using topical cultural references to make witty jokes about the opposition. That’s why I chose to reference the 1983 film Return of the Jedi at PMQs. I also talked about Love Island, which wasn’t at all like a tedious old uncle trying to engage with his teenage relatives by asking about ‘the TikToks’.

Get behind Brexit

No matter if the country is f**ked every which way from Sunday, people who think the French are morally questionable bastards who smell of garlic will let themselves be shafted endlessly as long as they have their precious Brexit. So I’ll refuse to consider rejoining the Single Market, which will help nothing apart from the egos of some xenophobic old duffers.

Subvert the right wing press by sucking up to them completely

I’ll talk to right-wing press newspapers and make it seem like I believe all the things they believe in. But I won’t just lull them into a false sense of security, I’ll lull them into a genuine sense of security by actually meaning it and doing nothing to offend or disrupt the establishment. Why offer a genuine alternative when you can just peddle more of the same old shit?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Is it just me or does Reeves sound exactly the same as Starmer? She’s even got the same nasally sound to her voice and their accents are identical. 

It’s very suspicious. 

Both made in Mandelsons lab.

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Tunes will indeed change. I mean, she doesn't like Corbs, like at all, so that's instant hate. She didn't run in 2020 because her criticism of Corbyn meant she wouldn't be the unity candidate. 

Yeah, the whole her being the choice of 'de right' during the leadership elections an' all doesn't bode well either.

Maybe she's alright now though as we all hate Wes now, or some other gaslit, echo chamber shite?

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Tunes will indeed change. I mean, she doesn't like Corbs, like at all, so that's instant hate. She didn't run in 2020 because her criticism of Corbyn meant she wouldn't be the unity candidate. She's a critic of the 'old Labour' policies and ideas that seem to resonate with a lot of Starmer's critics, so I'm certainly interested in seeing where this goes. They roundly rejected her last time.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, the whole her being the choice of 'de right' during the leadership elections an' all doesn't bode well either.

Maybe she's alright now though as we all hate Wes now, or some other gaslit, echo chamber shite?

Very harsh on Bjornebye there, you two. Fucking hell. 

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

She's a critic of the 'old Labour' policies and ideas that seem to resonate with a lot of Starmer's critics, so I'm certainly interested in seeing where this goes. They roundly rejected her last time. I dunno, it's not even about policies or truth anymore, it's about which camp you're in and who you defend. 

Ah lovely bromance going on between man with Bentley and man who buys three grand coffee machine because it'd look aesthetically good in his kitchen. 

The Labour Party's in safe hands with those two.. just don't ask for any of that social justice nonsense.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Ah lovely bromance going on between man with Bentley and man who buys three grand coffee machine because it'd look aesthetically good in his kitchen. 

The Labour Party's in safe hands with those two.. just don't ask for any of that social justice nonsense.

Never stop lying, big Mike. Never stop lying. 

27 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Cooper is more right than Starmer. It'd be hilarious. 

16 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yup, seems people have short memories...

She'd have a better chance of beating the Tories and that's all that matters right now. 

I'm sure even two South Bank wanderers like you can agree with that. 

• Upvote 1