You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

That’s not the Labour hierarchy and he is quoting something two years old. 

They are equating it to his appearance in Barnet the morning after the election. This is the questions him and the shadow cabinet will have thrown at them and imo I think they're going to say the wrong answer. They have been boxing themselves in a corner. Look at Reeves the other week or Answorth the other day. 

9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

They are equating it to his appearance in Barnet the morning after the election. This is the questions him and the shadow cabinet will have thrown at them and imo I think they're going to say the wrong answer. They have been boxing themselves in a corner. Look at Reeves the other week or Answorth the other day. 

A month ago despite ervything coming to light about Tory parties during lockdown, they started asking Starmer to explain what a woman is. Completely irrelevant to the real stories but they ran with it. 

I'd love it if

a) Labour went into the next election with popular policies like these; and 

b) people actually voted on the policies that affect them (rather than voting against the party leader who looks funny eating a sarnie or doesn't bow deeply enough for the Queen).

25 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'd love it if

b) people actually voted on the policies that affect them (rather than voting against the party leader who looks funny eating a sarnie or doesn't bow deeply enough for the Queen).

Yet they overwhelmingly voted for a party who would sell of their own children for a few extra quid?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Yet they overwhelmingly voted for a party who would sell of their own children for a few extra quid?

Red wall Tory voters deserve all the pain and misery that has and will come their way. It's the only solace I take from all this, that they will get their collective prostates examined by Captain Hook. Fuck'em.

The problem for Labour is not confined to the red wall, bar the odd pocket they didn't pull up trees throughout the rest of England. Although this brand new electioneering strategy championed by Rachael Reeves where Labour tells 200,000  members plus friends and family to fuck off and vote for someone else will soon be bearing lots and lots of new fruit..they hope.

55 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The problem for Labour is not confined to the red wall, bar the odd pocket they didn't pull up trees throughout the rest of England. Although this brand new electioneering strategy championed by Rachael Reeves where Labour tells 200,000  members plus friends and family to fuck off and vote for someone else will soon be bearing lots and lots of new fruit..they hope.

That’s EXACTLY what was said in the Corbyn era.  

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Whilst she might not be my favourite person, that's not what she said is it. She said that membership in her constituency is falling, and that's a good thing because those people who had left were those who should never have joined the Labour party because they never shared Labour values. That's not quite the same as telling 200,000 members and their family and friends to fuck off and vote for somebody else. And by 'not quite' I mean 'not even close'. 

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I don't remember a single occurrence of Corbyn telling any Labour members to leave the party.

Sometimes actions speak louder than words. Either way, I'd prefer votes over members. Corbyn certainly won the Everton medal on the latter. 

17 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Whilst she might not be my favourite person, that's not what she said is it. She said that membership in her constituency is falling, and that's a good thing because those people who had left were those who should never have joined the Labour party because they never shared Labour values. That's not quite the same as telling 200,000 members and their family and friends to fuck off and vote for somebody else. And by 'not quite' I mean 'not even close'. 

Sometimes actions speak louder than words. Either way, I'd prefer votes over members. Corbyn certainly won the Everton medal on the latter. 

Hardly an 'I look forward to seeing you on polling day, and tell your freinds' ralying call is it?

Many ways to tell a person to fuck off as our Rach demonstrates here. 

Radio host; 'and the lines have been busy, our first caller Janet from Sheffield, what would you like to talk about Janet? 

Hi sorry my points to Rachael, am I one of the people she describes who shouldn't be in the party because of my dubious values? Am I a stain?.. Sorry if I sound a bit hoarse I've just finished a twelve hour shift' 

Host; ' no problems Janet mind if I ask what job do you do?

Janet; 'I'm a nurse in Sheffields intensive care unit;

Host; '..over to you Rachael'

Reeves' splutter splutter, anti semitism, splutter, thanks for the work you do, splutter, new beginnings, cough..we are on your side.. 

@Numero Veinticinco are you going to pretend that Corbyn's leadership didn't increase the Labour vote in the General Election of 2017 or the local elections of 2018? 

You always pretend that you're ever-so even-handed, but you don't half put a factional spin on the Labour Party's recent history. In that, you're as bad as those beastly Lefties that you love to criticise.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Hardly an 'I look forward to seeing you on polling day, and tell your freinds' ralying call is it?

Nobody claimed it was. I was just refuting what your erroneous claim was. Some tweet from somebody making the same false claim doesn't really do much to back it up.

41 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I'd say that saying good riddance to 200,00 members and lying about them being racist sounds a lot like "fuck off".

Ah well. Potaytoes, Potahtoes.

12 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'd love it if

Looks like 67-80% of "red wall" voters are "Far Left", according to Reeves.

Screenshot_2022-05-21-11-14-21-33_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

13 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

@Numero Veinticinco are you going to pretend that Corbyn's leadership didn't increase the Labour vote in the General Election of 2017 or the local elections of 2018? 

You always pretend that you're ever-so even-handed, but you don't half put a factional spin on the Labour Party's recent history. In that, you're as bad as those beastly Lefties that you love to criticise.

What on Earth are you raging on about. Sigh. I'm not pretending anything, I'm just not cherry picking like you just did. It's strange how you only get shitty and confrontational when Corbyn is brought up. If you want to actually pick up something I've actually said about Corbyn, rather than some generic comment about pretending to ignore a carefully selected moment in time you chose (that I didn't mention), then I'd be way more than just happy to comment about it in the Corbyn thread. 

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'd say that saying good riddance to 200,00 members and lying about them being racist sounds a lot like "fuck off".

Except, of course, she didn't say that about 200,000 members. She may be a twat, but that doesn't give people the right to just make things up because it's convenient. 

16 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The main point is Labour shadow ministers thinking they can cast aside 200,000 votes, because it a slim chance them voting  Labour after her comments. Labour needs all the votes it can get.

Edit; I didn't mention him yet everything seems to end up about Corbs.

26 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

What on Earth are you raging on about. Sigh. I'm not pretending anything, I'm just not cherry picking like you just did. It's strange how you only get shitty and confrontational when Corbyn is brought up. If you want to actually pick up something I've actually said about Corbyn, rather than some generic comment about pretending to ignore a carefully selected moment in time you chose (that I didn't mention), then I'd be way more than just happy to comment about it in the Corbyn thread. 

Except, of course, she didn't say that about 200,000 members. She may be a twat, but that doesn't give people the right to just make things up because it's convenient. 

tl;dr

I got as far as "raging" (which never happened) and "cherry-picking" (which is the exact opposite of what I was doing) and decided that I can spend my time better elsewhere.