You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I thought it was pretty poorly thought out and reactive to the chancellor’s wife rather than a good political move. Not saying it’s not the right thing to do, but not smart.  

Poorly thought out as a concept or poorly thought out because of the inevitable attacks that would follow? 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Poorly thought out as a concept or poorly thought out because of the inevitable attacks that would follow? 

Well, it does no good at all in the short term. It makes things worse, less likely to get in power, and it could have been done after getting in power. If he did it to win a few voted from the left then it’s not enough and would be counterbalanced by losses on the right. 

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Well, it does no good at all in the short term. It makes things worse, less likely to get in power, and it could have been done after getting in power. If he did it to win a few voted from the left then it’s not enough and would be counterbalanced by losses on the right. 

The electorate by and large should see it as a positive but of course by and large they don't see that, they just see the lies and smear and assume he was balls deep in curry and beer all through covid. 

19 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

What style of society do we live in, when pointing out that its slightly unfair for millionaires to pay as little tax as possible ,is a bad move electorally ?

Just now, Arniepie said:

What style of society do we live in, when pointing out that its slightly unfair for millionaires to pay as little tax as possible ,is a bad move electorally ?

Quite, but we have a choice don’t we; we can react to the world we should have or we can react to the world we have. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Not sure if there's any point in saying this yet. But it would stop the Tories from the constant smears whilst that fat tramp swans around as PM in No.10.

He should have from the first minute, it's a gamble that has to be taken, otherwise he can kiss number 10 goodbye.

13 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

He should have from the first minute, it's a gamble that has to be taken, otherwise he can kiss number 10 goodbye.

That's a touch hyperbolic. The difference between being in number 10 and not isn't the timing of confirming he would resign of he got a fixed penalty notice. I think he should have said it straight away, I said the other day about it. If he comes out now and says it, those couple of days aren't a big deal. If he gets cleared and didn't say it at all, it's not a big deal. If he gets a FPN, then goes, it doesn't matter anyway. The only thing he'd lose is if he doesn't say it now and ends up not getting a FPN is the - for want of a better term - bragging rights to say how he's the good guy. 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

That's a touch hyperbolic. The difference between being in number 10 and not isn't the timing of confirming he would resign of he got a fixed penalty notice. I think he should have said it straight away, I said the other day about it. If he comes out now and says it, those couple of days aren't a big deal. If he gets cleared and didn't say it at all, it's not a big deal. If he gets a FPN, then goes, it doesn't matter anyway. The only thing he'd lose is if he doesn't say it now and ends up not getting a FPN is the - for want of a better term - bragging rights to say how he's the good guy. 

It's the perfect opportunity to seize the higher ground, Starmers time to be brave. 

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, fair enough isn't it. That said, I'd imagine he'll be pretty confident that he's not going to be found guilty. 

Which is also great. Retain the moral high-ground. 

Not that it will matter. The media will find something else, in-fact the tories will have their cunts scrabbling around as we speak for anything they can push. 

Doesn't achieve anything, found innocent he stays and Boris's cunt-cartel will ride it out and stay in power regardless, found guilty he leaves and Boris and his cunt-cartel make an issue out of it to deflect unopposed.

1 minute ago, A Red said:

Starmer shouldn't resign if found guilty or not. Johnson didn't, all this bollocks will be forgotten come election time.

I would be glad to see the back of him, but can’t see much of an upside for him in this decision. Anybody expecting high moral ground to be a vote winner hasn’t been watching what is happening.

I would also be a bit dubious about my ‘close advisers’ having my best interests at heart.

7 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Doesn't achieve anything, found innocent he stays and Boris's cunt-cartel will ride it out and stay in power regardless, found guilty he leaves and Boris and his cunt-cartel make an issue out of it to deflect unopposed.

It makes him look principled, which I think and always have thought he is - the questions about him are about his ability to win elections and sell himself. If found innocent, he made it clear that he's a man of his word, he called for Johnson to go and he would if found guilty. If anything, if found innocent it'll probably do him good because it'll show the difference between the way they both acted. If found guilty... it shows that Labour did the right thing and the Tories are clinging on to power with grubby mitts. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Re: this potential breach of Covid rules, Lisa Nandy referred to Starmer as “Mr. Rules” tge other day. I wasn’t sure whether to do a little sick in my mouth or laugh uncontrollably at how shite it was. 

“Mr. Rules” - follows rules, doesn’t follow leadership pledges. 

He hasn't put forward his manifesto yet, so you don't know which of those pledges he will end up breaking. I mean, it's not like anything has happened since making those pledges anyway, is it. You know, like a global meltdown. 

Despite Johnson being the only serving prime minister ever to be punished by the police, as has the Chancellor, even though they made the rules, and ate cake, and drank booze, and joked about 'letting the bodies pile high'. 

Everyone is talking about, erm Kier Starmer. 

These aren't the droids we're looking for. 

• Upvote 3