You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

5 hours ago, skend04 said:

The only new bit of information that I can see is that Rayner was there and they ordered a takeaway. Not sure if that constitutes a reinvestigation but that's where we are. Better that it is checked and cleared (hopefully) than allow the smearing to carry on I guess.

I'm sure it's a complete coincidence they got this dramatic new information on the day of the local elections. 

Like numero said,if he gets a fine he will have to walk.

Of course it's completely different to what johnson has been upto but we all know the game is rigged. 

Any labour leader who would have done a fraction of what cunt has been responsible for,would have been hounded out long ago.

If he stays ,any moral high ground is gone.

Even if there is no fine the likes of the mail won't let it go.

5 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Like numero said,if he gets a fine he will have to walk.

Of course it's completely different to what johnson has been upto but we all know the game is rigged. 

Any labour leader who would have done a fraction of what cunt has been responsible for,would have been hounded out long ago.

If he stays ,any moral high ground is gone.

Even if there is no fine the likes of the mail won't let it go.

If he gets a fine and walks that surely makes Johnson’s position untenable 

Is the game really rigged? There is as much left wing influence in the media, institutions and corporations as there is right wing influence. 

Everyone on my council estate reads Private eye and the New statesman. Just like Captain Willard rightly said. 

Some brouhaha in tomorrow's mail about it being a pre planned gathering apprently and Skwarkbox are wanking over it, quite bizarre. Mate of mine on Facebook posted it, he was a green then became labour for Corbyn now hates 'Keith'. Standard.

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Some brouhaha in tomorrow's mail about it being a pre planned gathering apprently and Skwarkbox are wanking over it, quite bizarre. Mate of mine on Facebook posted it, he was a green then became labour for Corbyn now hates 'Keith'. Standard.

Skwakbox are actual cunts. 

17 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Maybe not, would give Labour the massive high ground though, to the point where I think the 22 would have to whack him.

The minute he repeatedly lied to parliament and was fined or breaking the law his position was untenable yet 30% of the electorate went out and voted for him again

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Chino said:

Is the game really rigged? There is as much left wing influence in the media, institutions and corporations as there is right wing influence. 

Everyone on my council estate reads Private eye and the New statesman. Just like Captain Willard rightly said. 

Nobody is stopping them. Maybe right wing people chose to consume right wing media. This pervasive idea on the left that the working class electorate are just dumb sheep being herded into the ballot box by the circuit master Murdoch is elitist and massively patronising. If the right wing media is so influential, why are you immune to it but your neighbours aren’t ? 

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

Nobody is stopping them. Maybe right wing people chose to consume right wing media. This pervasive idea on the left that the working class electorate are just dumb sheep being herded into the ballot box by the circuit master Murdoch is elitist and massively patronising. If the right wing media is so influential, why are you immune to it but your neighbours aren’t ? 

That post alone is patronising. When you look at the amount of shit this tory lot brush under the carpet then deflect with spin and sound bites. 

33 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The Mail have an itinerary in a memo, showing the work meeting, and the takeaway and drinks afterwards were planned, and that there was no carrying on working but actually going back to the hotel they were staying in. All pre-planned. So the brains trust in Starmer’s office have lied about Rayner being present (god knows why as it was a work meeting) despite obvious available evidence to the contrary (now deleted tweets showing she was there), and it would appear have lied about it being a break for refreshments before working through. Even though they must know if it’s being raised there is probably evidence.

So now the media can have a nice feast, for no reason but not being straight, and given Starmer’s call for Johnsosn’s head over Partygate, he’s boxed himself into a corner should he be given a fixed penalty.

Draw your revolver. Aim at your own foot. Pull trigger.

14 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Maybe we're not though. I was no fan of Corbyn at the end but maybe my head had just been battered about him. Blair was backed by Murdock and just happens to be the only labour prime minister in living memory. Brown and subsequent leaders were broken down and smashed to bits for bacon sandwich eating.

There's a reason people like Derren Brown always come across as cocky, it's because they understand the human brain and how utterly fucking programmable we are.

Edward Bernays, the father of PR, was Sigmund Freud's nephew. 

A huge proportion of our behaviour, from our buying habits to the shit that makes us angry on social media, is influenced. I don't think it's a really controversial concept. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

The minute he repeatedly lied to parliament and was fined or breaking the law his position was untenable yet 30% of the electorate went out and voted for him again

I couldn’t care less, if Starmer walks the decision will be made for him.

21 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Explain what logical reason why a normal working fella from say,Oldham, would look at the last 10 years,and think that his life has somehow been improved,by having them in power?

I'm genuinely curious. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I couldn’t care less, if Starmer walks the decision will be made for him.

I think Sttarmer going would put massive pressure on Johnson, but I’m not convinced he’d go until the 1922 Committee sent their Stilettos to finish him.