You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

57 minutes ago, sir roger said:

They are the anti vax loons I mentioned , not anything to do with the left wing of the Labour party. 

Left wing of the Labour Party seems to now include former Tory councillors. 

Ex-councillor thrown out of Tory party among mob at Starmer incident

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/feb/08/ex-councillor-william-coleshill-thrown-out-tory-party-among-mob-starmer-incident-resistance-gb

Yeah, the guy shouting at him for not representing the working class, asking if 'this is the Labour party...' is deffo a Tory. Not 100% sure it's worth debating. I could go on twitter and find countless examples, but they wouldn't count either. As I've said before, it's not really about reality, it's about the version of events you want to be true. It's Trump supporters, British branch. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, the guy shouting at him for not representing the working class, asking if 'this is the Labour party...' is deffo a Tory. Not 100% sure it's worth debating. I could go on twitter and find countless examples, but they wouldn't count either. As I've said before, it's not really about reality, it's about the version of events you want to be true. It's Trump supporters, British branch. 

Yes , because the Magna Carta is high on the meeting minutes of most Labour meetings I have attended. Your Trump comment is funny as it screams lack of self awareness , disappearing up your own arsehole as you do to blame ' The Left ' for everything.

10 hours ago, Brownie said:

That's where I am. If there was an election tomorrow it would be an incredibly reluctant vote for Labour.

Same here. I'm actually less pissed off with Starmer's Sun interview than I am with the rowing back of pledges, the witch hunt he's conducted against party members, and things like whipping the PLP to abstain on the Welfare Cap. He's headed into the territory of the second half of Blair's tenancy, and I was on the verge of sacking Labour off then.

I genuinely don't know what the Labour Party stands for at present. There is no clear vision beyond getting power, and I'm getting One Nation Tory vibes from them. You look at Christian Wakeford's voting record and he has nothing in common with traditional Labour values and looking after the interests of people in poverty. Yet he felt comfortable enough to cross the floor and join the Labour Party as it is. I suspect there are a reasonably large number of Tory MPs who don't feel that differently. One Nation Tories who have seen their own party become more extreme, and are uncomfortable with it.  But these people are not going to look after those in society who need help.  

You want my vote, you tell me what you're going to do when you get into power. Let me know that you're not going to go solely down the business/middle class bollocks route. Tel me what you're going to do for all sections of society. Take a stand. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

What slur?

Somitting about Johnsons private life I presume, id have thought a full and frank apology by Starmer to Johnson, his wife, his former wife, his kids, those in the Conservative party, those not in the Conservative party, the speaker, the author, readers of the spectator and of course the country, is called for, hopefully Starmer does the honorable thing at prime ministers questions today.

10 hours ago, sir roger said:

Yes , because the Magna Carta is high on the meeting minutes of most Labour meetings I have attended. Your Trump comment is funny as it screams lack of self awareness , disappearing up your own arsehole as you do to blame ' The Left ' for everything.

Except, of course, I don't blame the left for everything. I blame the Corbynite left for the actions of the Corbynite left. It has nothing to do with my self-awareness, but your lack of understanding. Like I say, there's very little point in debating those from a group who can't see beyond their immediate (brown) noses. 

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Except, of course, I don't blame the left for everything. I blame the Corbynite left for the actions of the Corbynite left. It has nothing to do with my self-awareness, but your lack of understanding. Like I say, there's very little point in debating those from a group who can't see beyond their immediate (brown) noses. 

Ha ha , not lost track of Candyman while you were away then ?

It’s no contest these days, the actual PMQ’s.

Starmer has so much ammunition, he can’t help but hit a target who’s defence is nothing but bluster and bollocks. 

As has been said many times before. The problem is that these weekly sound thrashings don’t cut through to the general populous anywhere near enough. 

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Starmer is growing into the role I think. Given the financial tsunami that’s about to hit which will be absolutely fucking brutal I honestly think he has a chance of winning the next GE, something I never thought I’d say.

He was really good today. The problem he will always (and anyone opposite the cunt) is Johnson won't answer questions, waffles irrelevant stuff and tells lies that he knows he will get away with. I think Starmer would do a lot better facing any of the other twats. 

As for his policies.... I'd rather Lord Buckethead than these tory bastards 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, he literally doesn't answer the question. He's not evasive, he doesn't skirt around it, he just doesn't answer it and says bollocks instead. 'Why did your Kwarteng say that fraud isn't counted in the crime stats', 'well, you see, the economy is fucking ace and covid is beaten and BREXIIITTTTT'. 

Right. But what about Kwarteng?

4 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Starmer is growing into the role I think. Given the financial tsunami that’s about to hit which will be absolutely fucking brutal I honestly think he has a chance of winning the next GE, something I never thought I’d say.

He has only had 2 years tbf.

The one last week was the only time I've seen him truly eviscerate him and he has had countless opportunities. 

I'm still far from convinced 

Weird one, without reading the details, is Unite basically strong-arming the national Labour party itself into making Coventry's Labour councillors make a decision in their members' favour? A slippery slope to be sure. 

"There will be no Labour politician in the Midlands or party office who will get one single penny from my members or any practical support of any kind while this strike is going ahead."

Woah there nelly.