You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Going for ‘white van man’ in shocking display of ‘I’d have a pint with that cunt’ normality…

I suggest the Labour Party leave these "white van men" who drive up and down every high street in the country and instead try to mop up the Baby Bentley crew who drive around certain parts of London.

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I suggest the Labour Party leave these "white van men" who drive up and down every high street in the country and instead try to mop up the Baby Bentley crew who drive around certain parts of London.

I read somewhere recently just how insane it that ,that likes of Farage and johnson are viewed as not part of the elite yet someone like lisa Nandy,a single mum from Wigan (I think)is seen as some part of a liberal London intelligentsia. 

It bears repeating.

This country is full of fucking simpletons.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You can tell he’s a shit Labour leader because he hasn’t been falsely accused of anti-semitism or being IRA 

The Czech spy thing was my favourite.

It was that ridiculous it was just forgotten while the Mail looked down at its shoes , whistling.

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

The Czech spy thing was my favourite.

It was that ridiculous it was just forgotten while the Mail looked down at its shoes , whistling.

It was funny when he lost the election and every accusation stopped for a while until the PM and his cabinet started making mistakes 

Labour front bench reshuffle. Angela Rayner seemingly dropped in it by having little prior knowledge it was coming.

Her answer to a question about it was to explain that her job was to show that Labour are the next Government in waiting. Possibly not her fault, but they don’t seem to have done that between them this morning. 

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Labour front bench reshuffle. Angela Rayner seemingly dropped in it by having little prior knowledge it was coming.

Her answer to a question about it was to explain that her job was to show that Labour are the next Government in waiting. Possibly not her fault, but they don’t seem to have done that between them this morning. 

I’ve ha d a feeing she put Starmers nose out of joint in PMQs a few weeks ago when he had covid. She was brilliant. 

• Upvote 1

It baffles me the way Labour elect a leader and deputy leader, it just seems like an endless source of possible confrontation that does nobody any favours. Even councils don't work that way. You elect the councillors,  they choose a gaffer, he/she chooses their top team. It doesn't always work depending on the personnel, but it's better than having people going at each other's throats. 

That being said, Starmer and all his top team, the worst of them is better than any of the Tories' best. It's amazing, when you think about it, how the window of what is and isn't acceptable shifts depending on whether you're talking about a Tory or a non Tory in public life. 

Starmer gets grief for being bland, Rayner for being gobby, Abbott gets grief for drinking a mojito in a can, yet meanwhile the sons of Russian spies are being inducted into the house of lords and ministerial third cousins with curtain cleaning companies are getting million pound contracts for ventilators. 

Just now, Section_31 said:

It baffles me the way Labour elect a leader and deputy leader, it just seems like an endless source of possible confrontation that does nobody any favours. Even councils don't work that way. You elect the councillors,  they choose a gaffer, he/she chooses their top team. It doesn't always work depending on the personnel, but it's better than having people going at each other's throats. 

That being said, Starmer and all his top team, the worst of them is better than any of the Tories' best. It's amazing, when you think about it, how the window of what is and isn't acceptable shifts depending on whether you're talking about a Tory or a non Tory in public life. 

Starmer gets grief for being bland, Rayner for being gobby, Abbott gets grief for drinking a mojito in a can, yet meanwhile the sons of Russian spies are being inducted into the house of lords and ministerial third cousins with curtain cleaning companies are getting million pound contracts for ventilators. 

There was a comrade Corbyn shout on the bbc website the other day.

You couldnt make it up, however I think it once again goes back to how plugged in the electorate is.

I dont think starmer does get thst much grief tbh..captain hindsight?

Compare that to his predecessor.

I do think he is an absolutely awful leader and I'd have money on him not winning an election. 

6 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

There was a comrade Corbyn shout on the bbc website the other day.

You couldnt make it up, however I think it once again goes back to how plugged in the electorate is.

I dont think starmer does get thst much grief tbh..captain hindsight?

Compare that to his predecessor.

I do think he is an absolutely awful leader and I'd have money on him not winning an election. 

I think the media is much more to blame, they normalise things that shouldn't be normal, and make normal stuff seem outrageous when it fits the puppetmasters' views.

The Royals are a great example. 

Royals like Dianna - Dianna the princess stories

Royals don't like Dianna any more - she's mental, and a slag 

Royals don't like Camilla - she's the other woman

Royals do like Camilla - she makes Charles happy 

Meghan/Harry and so on and so on 

21 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think the media is much more to blame, they normalise things that shouldn't be normal, and make normal stuff seem outrageous when it fits the puppetmasters' views.

The Royals are a great example. 

Royals like Dianna - Dianna the princess stories

Royals don't like Dianna any more - she's mental, and a slag 

Royals don't like Camilla - she's the other woman

Royals do like Camilla - she makes Charles happy 

Meghan/Harry and so on and so on 

Without a shadow of a doubt the media play a huge influence. 

Imagine if that was diane abbott giving that speech last week.

Yet what does that say about an electorate who seem to believe everything they read in the mail/rag?

But obviously we cant point this out.

8 hours ago, Anubis said:

She was due to give a speech on Labour’s response to sleaze, so he’s undercut the publicity she’ll get.

Top work. Still looking over his shoulder at shadows instead of the solid enemy in front of him.

Even the speccy political correspondent on the BBC (can't remember his name) seemed baffled that he was at Rayner's press conference, where she had everything set up to go to town on Tory corruption, when news of the reshuffle was leaked, so the subject was changed and the Tories were let off the hook. Again.

I thought the deal was that once the "grown-ups" regained control of the party, we'd see some basic competence, at least.