You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I thought it was a who could suggest the barmiest coalition contest. Unfortunately Mudface was unbeatable

Boris Johnson is no David Cameron.

Well he’s not started the ideological cuts to the most vulnerable in society causing hundreds of deaths just yet. 

Cameron went straight in for it. 

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Well he’s not started the ideological cuts to the most vulnerable in society causing hundreds of deaths just yet. 

Cameron went straight in for it. 

Oh, we're doing Things That Didn't Happen again. Never gets old that one.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

So what's your source for "caused hundreds of thousands of deaths"?

Here's a list of UK deaths to help you.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathsintheukfrom1990to2020

Where did I say hundreds of thousands???

One death because of unnecessary, ideological cuts would be one too many. 

5 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Where did I say hundreds of thousands???

One death because of unnecessary, ideological cuts would be one too many. 

I beg your pardon, I misread your post. I've seen the hundreds of thousands claim on here a number of times so I skim-read "hundreds" as that.

5 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Which one do you think is worse?

The Eton educated Bullindon Boy that failed to deliver Brexit, or the Eton educated Bulingdon Boy that did deliver it? 

Johnson is orders of magnitude worse.

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I’ve done the same myself. 

Can we agree Labour and the libs should cooperate on a PR referendum at least? 

100%

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Haha, imagine being accused of deflection by posting about Labour in the Starmer thread in response to attempts to divert it onto the Lib Dems. Outstanding.

If you don't want to be accused of deflecting then don't deflect. I realise thats like asking a cat not to piss on the neighbours lawn. 

14 minutes ago, Mudface said:

No, fuck a referendum, just introduce it. Blair should have done that immediately.

When he'd just won a big majority by FPTP?

That's the fundamental problem: the only people who are ever in a position to change the electoral system got into that position of power by the existing system. It's the same story with the long overdue abolition/replacement of the House of Lords: the Act to abolish it would need to be passed by both Houses of Parliament.

6 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I’ll always be pissed off he didn’t.

It was all down to ego and the fact he could win without it that stopped him actually improving the Lords properly and introducing voting reform. 

I know the UK wasn't exactly in the best place after 18 years of Tories, but be could have done so much more, and pretty much squandered it all over Iraq. PFI and pissing about with stealth taxes were are a huge mistake- it should have been completely transparent that if you want nice things, you need to pay for them, and it was hidden away under layers of bullshit that were so easy for the Tories to rip apart.