You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

You've hit the nail on the head. Corbyn was under fire from all quarters - including the centrists within Labour - from day one. Starmer has had an easy ride and is still behind. You say cloud of a pandemic - the actions of the Tories throughout have been a massive open goal and Starmer has consistently refused to score, if you'll excuse the metaphor.

I replied to Stronts before I read this and now I look like a massive plagiarist.

7 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I replied to Stronts before I read this and now I look like a massive plagiarist.

No worries. I often wonder if I'm the only one who sees this. People bang on about losing two elections as if that and him being attacked and smeared from all quarters were mutually exclusive. It says alot about the political choices we have in this country that even members of his own party had decided that a left wing Labour mustn't gain power.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

You've hit the nail on the head. Corbyn was under fire from all quarters - including the centrists within Labour - from day one. Starmer has had an easy ride and is still behind. You say cloud of a pandemic - the actions of the Tories throughout have been a massive open goal and Starmer has consistently refused to score, if you'll excuse the metaphor.

The Tories have made an absolute car crash of the pandemic with countless fuck ups..bodies piled high in the street,corruption,hancock, Cummings. Endless fuck ups,horrendous death toll.. yet the person who's job it is to point this out has had an impossible job.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

No worries. I often wonder if I'm the only one who sees this. People bang on about losing two elections as if that and him being attacked and smeared from all quarters were mutually exclusive. It says alot about the political choices we have in this country that even members of his own party had decided that a left wing Labour mustn't gain power.

How many coups did he have to face?

Was it 2?

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Looks like some battle lines are being drawn.

At long last.

The ammunition is there, now we need a proper, orchestrated, relentless attack on all fronts, tax, NI, housing, the NHS and social care funding, the lack of a co-ordinated plan for haulage, Patel's ridiculous ideas about asylum seekers, foreign policy, education, the ineptitude of the secretaries of state for these departments, the list goes on.

Engage with the public, fight fire with fire and play dirty because that's what they do, and it's been very successful for them.

The open goals where Starmer has failed to score have rankled and caused me to lose faith in him but I really want him to prove his mettle and start firing in from all angles.

I voted for him and I want him to succeed. Here's hoping this is the start of a real fightback.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Do you think the Lib Dems would get back into bed with the Tories after last time?

In a heartbeat- what's to lose for them? They're completely irrelevant already aside from potentially holding the balance of power in a close scenario like the above.

11 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Do you think the Lib Dems would get back into bed with the Tories after last time?

Hell would freeze over before the Lib Dems joined with this incarnation of the Tories. Anyone suggesting it as a realistic prospect has an agenda.

1 minute ago, Harry's Lad said:

I would have hoped they had learned a lesson from last time the amount of seats they lost to be honest. But then again...

Considering their squirrel-worrying ex-leader gladly bent over and helped Johnson call an election when he was flailing badly, I don't think they've learned a fucking thing.