You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Did he really say that! is this what its come too fucking playschool type messages for the dopey cunt nation.

He knew this was his last soundbite before they go into 'summer recess' 

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Eh?

Kier Starmer has set his stall out, it's overtly to make sure Corbyn and the infrastructure that could lead to another Corbyn cannot happen again in the Labour party

I think that's borne out by polling information, as well. People don't know what Starmer thinks about things, but they do know he opposes the former labour leader and any of wildly popular policies.

So, it's not really relevant if these groups are extremists. Maybe they are. Maybe they're not. Who cares? What is relevant is getting rid of the grassroots movements who could potentially poison the party and embolden leftists. If that means losing hundreds of thousands of party members, expelling the most popular member or even bankrupting the party, then so be it. This is something that actually matters.

• Upvote 4

Just now, sir roger said:

Aye , and they cut the mike on anybody criticising any aspect of the leadership. well done them. 

Yeah, it makes a change from deselection the last ‘pressure group’ threw about, but here we are.

I’m sure they’ll get round to it soon enough and the whole fucking circus can continue…

3 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I saw this party earlier on and thought it could be amazing, something that if done properly could completely transform politics in this country.

Then I start checking the tweets and they're ranting about "crypto nerds" and "terfs". Fuck off.

Fucking helmets, the lot of them.  Their only purpose appears to be to split the Labour vote in a part of the country in which Labour is struggling to hold off the Tories. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, it makes a change from deselection the last ‘pressure group’ threw about, but here we are.

I’m sure they’ll get round to it soon enough and the whole fucking circus can continue…

I never understood the objection to mandatory reselection of candidates. I like democracy. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I never understood the objection to mandatory reselection of candidates. I like democracy. 

As true as that may be it wasn’t the momentum foghorns place to be threatening it.

I agree in the main that there should be a further process to make sure we have the best representative for a seat etc.

12 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Despite the hundreds of whingeing articles in the MSM and the moaning from the centrists on here , how many of the mp's who were actively working against the party ( or any at all for that matter ) were ever deselected ?

And here's me thinking that those communist lunatics Corbyn and McCluskey stopped the move for deselection at conference to aid party unity. Let's see how long we have to wait for Starmer to fight for less control over mp selection seeing as he appears to be picking them himself at the moment.

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Despite the hundreds of whingeing articles in the MSM and the moaning from the centrists on here , how many of the mp's who were actively working against the party ( or any at all for that matter ) were ever deselected ?

And here's me thinking that those communist lunatics Corbyn and McCluskey stopped the move for deselection at conference to aid party unity. Let's see how long we have to wait for Starmer to fight for less control over mp selection seeing as he appears to be picking them himself at the moment.

Who are the ‘centrists’, Rog?

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

At this point anybody who thinks Keir Starmer is in any way , shape or form a fit leader of the Labour party. Anybody who is happy to see the likes of Mandelson , Pollard and Streeting in positions of power in the party.

Cool, cheers for clarifying.

So, everyone of the people who backed the CLP’s above then.

7 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I think it's good in theory but in practice it can throw up problems, such as the labour MP being 'held to account' by the relatively small number of people who control the CLP, rather than the tens of thousands of wider voters who put them there. During their tenure rather than pushing the agenda of the constituency they end up trying to appease what is usually three or four people. 

'you didn't vote X on our Punjabi amendment at conference, your work on the local bus station replacement buys you no favours here.'

I can only speak from experience but the shot callers in the CLP of the labour MP I worked for didn't like him for the simple reason that they wanted one of their family members to get the job but they were never selected. They'd wanted them in post so they could get jobs with them. As a result, they didn't campaign for him and looked for any chance to undermine him. He was a decent local MP though IMO and popular with the wider electorate.

There can be a lot of power games at CLPs, bullying and abject cuntery. Good people sure, but often drowned out.

• Upvote 2