You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

This isn't a popular opinion but personally I'd be glad if Galloway took the seat. I don't agree with some of his politics at all, but a parliament where nobody speaks honestly about a years long smear campaign that currently has Corbyn thrown out of Labour isn't a properly functioning one. Galloway alone would likely change that and maybe Labour could do with some of the other shit he'd throw at them as well to help them get back on track a bit (maybe he could remind them of the Forde report too.) Or they could just be stubborn and carry on like they are doing, can't see how that's going to win an election though.

I know he's not likely to win it but parliament is such a fucking joke right now that I'd be glad to see him in there despite all his faults.

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

This isn't a popular opinion but personally I'd be glad if Galloway took the seat. I don't agree with some of his politics at all, but a parliament where nobody speaks honestly about a years long smear campaign that currently has Corbyn thrown out of Labour isn't a properly functioning one. Galloway alone would likely change that and maybe Labour could do with some of the other shit he'd throw at them as well to help them get back on track a bit (maybe he could remind them of the Forde report too.) Or they could just be stubborn and carry on like they are doing, can't see how that's going to win an election though.

I know he's not likely to win it but parliament is such a fucking joke right now that I'd be glad to see him in there despite all his faults.

Homophobia and anit-Semitism? This isn't the same as talking with your mouthful! He's a piece of scum - and the fact that you think 'some of his politics' isn't a massive fucking problem! I mean, I don't agree with everything Harold Shipman did obviously, but he highlighted the issues with the NHS and at least he'll remind everyone who important that is to us.  

Perfect example of the Horseshoe theory. No different to the far right. 

• Upvote 1

This is another area Labour really need to work on. Compare these two tweets. There is nothing wrong with Leadbeater's tweet, per se, but the Tory Cunt one feels punchier and rams home three basic simple points. 

57 minutes ago, Jockey said:

Homophobia and anit-Semitism? This isn't the same as talking with your mouthful! He's a piece of scum - and the fact that you think 'some of his politics' isn't a massive fucking problem! I mean, I don't agree with everything Harold Shipman did obviously, but he highlighted the issues with the NHS and at least he'll remind everyone who important that is to us.  

Red Phoenix loves plumping for fascists and nutcases all while calling himself left wing.

In other words, he's a galactic-sized moron.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

This is another area Labour really need to work on. Compare these two tweets. There is nothing wrong with Leadbeater's tweet, per se, but the Tory Cunt one feels punchier and rams home three basic simple points. 

Yep, messaging is piss poor - the less you say, the less you get pulled up on! I knew of someone who worked directly with Corbyn when he was leader, direct line to him - no background in communications and is not working now that he isn't doing that role! Doesn't scream top quality does it? Starmer has changed his whole team as well - so clearly there are issues there. 

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

E5NN12YXwAEOAJI?format=jpg&name=large

Interested that she agrees with Galloway on LGBT. Deport Illegal Invaders? Not good enough, blow them out of the water- the only way we can truly be safe from a Dinghy of starving Syrians. 

4 hours ago, Jockey said:

3 hours ago, Em City said:

Red Phoenix loves plumping for fascists and nutcases all while calling himself left wing.

Yes Em, I'm still very much left wing you don't have to worry, even if it's not the type of left wing you really approve of.

I'm not sure where to start with the rest really. Homophobia, anti-semitism, Harold Shipman, no different to the far right, fascist and nutcase.

Let's start with nutcase : yeah he can seem like that a bit, I think a lot of that is to get attention though for the more important things he wants to get across.

Harold Shipman : I'll just leave this one.

Homophobia : all I've seen is that he doesn't want primary school children being taught about certain types of sex education. If that's him being homophobic then I think a lot of the country would have a massive problem with homophobia in a way that we currently have no idea of. My brother is gay, something that I've not had the need to mention in over a decade of posting here. If we're going down the homophobia route though now is probably a good time to mention that. If I truly thought he was raging against the gays he'd get no support from me.

Anti-semitism : he's one of the most vocal supporters of the Palestinians there is. Of course he's going to be classed as an anti-semite, that's how it works. See what happened to Corbyn for a pointer on that.

No different to the far right, fascist : A few of the key things I like about Galloway are that he consistently opposes imperialism (one of the main points of his party), he opposes the Blairites, he's been one of the most vocal supporters of Palestinians, one of the most vocal opponents of the war on Iraq and he focuses on class based politics. When you add in his support from Muslims to all of that I think you get something very different to a far right fascist.

And let's face it, if he got into parliament he'd be there to shake things up a bit and raise some issues that aren't currently covered very well at all in there. He's never going to be prime minister so we don't have to worry about the idea of him running the country at any point.

Bollocks, 100% bollocks. And it is clear that you are fucking bigot as well. 

You describe yourself as left-wing but there is nothing progressive about what you think.

Happy to throw Jewish people aside as they aren't really a minority are they, so they can't be prejudiced against? And, we have to pick a side - as that is what your type demands. Now, you've decided that the LGBT community aren't really important - lots of them get jobs now so, they can't be really prejudiced against can they? Yeah, they can fuck off now. 

Where next? What other group are you casting aside? Kashmir looks promising - you can fuck the Indians off as well, I mean, they're not really prejudiced when you think about it are they? The Chancellor is Indian heritage, so they seem to be doing well. 

He is a fucking anti-semitic, homophobic bigot who you seem to think is fine as he will 'shake things up'. Gay people are being attacked on the streets of Liverpool, but fuck it - lets support an openly homophobic campaigner because he is one of my lot. 

The worst thing about people like you is that genuinely think you are progressive. You genuinely think you are fighting the good fight - and morally superior to the likes of Tommy Robinson, Farage but you're not. You are the same. A little bigot - who has a defined set of 'beliefs' and fuck anyone who doesn't help you get what you want. Galloway didn't oppose Russia, never opposed Iran, happy to support Assad who is actually killing Muslims by the way! 

Fucking bigot, Fuck off! 

• Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Anti-semitism : he's one of the most vocal supporters of the Palestinians there is.

Is he really? Because he's a vocal supporter of Assad, who has killed more than 4,000 of them. With friends like that, who needs enemies.

14 minutes ago, Jockey said:

You describe yourself as left-wing but there is nothing progressive about what you think.

Happy to throw Jewish people aside as they aren't really a minority are they, so they can't be prejudiced against? And, we have to pick a side - as that is what your type demands. Now, you've decided that the LGBT community aren't really important - lots of them get jobs now so, they can't be really prejudiced against can they? Yeah, they can fuck off now. 

Where next? What other group are you casting aside? Kashmir looks promising - you can fuck the Indians off as well, I mean, they're not really prejudiced when you think about it are they? The Chancellor is Indian heritage, so they seem to be doing well. 

He is a fucking anti-semitic, homophobic bigot who you seem to think is fine as he will 'shake things up'. Gay people are being attacked on the streets of Liverpool, but fuck it - lets support an openly homophobic campaigner because he is one of my lot. 

The worst thing about people like you is that genuinely think you are progressive. You genuinely think you are fighting the good fight - and morally superior to the likes of Tommy Robinson, Farage but you're not. You are the same. A little bigot - who has a defined set of 'beliefs' and fuck anyone who doesn't help you get what you want. Galloway didn't oppose Russia, never opposed Iran, happy to support Assad who is actually killing Muslims by the way! 

Fucking bigot, Fuck off! 

"The worst thing about people like you is that genuinely think you are progressive." After reading that load of shite I think I feel the same way about you. That's the maddest post I've had directed at me in a long while though so well done with that I guess?

Last time I checked Glenn Greenwald was gay as well, I suppose he's throwing the LGBT community aside here too?

11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Is he really? Because he's a vocal supporter of Assad, who has killed more than 4,000 of them. With friends like that, who needs enemies.

You know he supports Palestinians more vocally than most other politicians. If he's vocally supporting Assad I think that might be connected to imperialists destroying Syria, which definitely hasn't been good for Palestinians either.

28 minutes ago, Jockey said:

Fucking bigot, Fuck off! 

Have you been drinking?

1 hour ago, Jockey said:

Fucking bigot, Fuck off! 

Don't be putting other people in my club. I won't feel special any more. I thought I was your only one. Philanderer.