You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Oh, they tried that and Bailey fluffed his lines at all times. The tried to stitch Khan up on TFL etc, but none of it as stuck as it’s actually Boris’ mess that’s being cleaned up.

I’m not Khans biggest fan, but the feedback from doorstepping, polling, general party stuff is that he’s fine and ‘one of us’ and has been hobbled by the Tory cuts, this isn’t just a few people this is loads. I have no idea who is voting for Bailey, he’s ballsed everything up, alienated most and generally fucked everything up, even the tories ditched him as he was seen as a lost cause.

Genuinely bafflingly.

There is a world we are not seeing.

Here's a thread from someone else who thought Bailey might do it...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I'm not blaming the Romanians, I'm blaming the people in the Labour party, where was the outrage by Labour when rich landowners flew in poor people from Romania to do menial work? Did you protest? Or did you think its all well and good eu free movement blah blah blah?

Edit, I know it sounds hard hearted angry but most of them poor Romanians can't even vote and if they could vote I'd guess the tory mantra of free enterprise might be right up their street.

That "blame the Etonians" line wasn't aimed at you: it was just a slogan to demonstrate the kind of stance Labour should take to develop an immigration policy that is qualitatively different from that of the Tories.  (It would also, of course, mean taking a stand against exploitative bosses, whether they are flying a migrant workforce in to do farmwork in unsafe conditions or cramming clothing workers into an unsafe factory in Leicester.)

10 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

No idea what point you’re trying to make, but if it’s the one I think then you can kindly go fuck yourself.

What the fuck are you on about? It's pretty clear what point I'm making if you bothered to open the thread and scroll through.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

What the fuck are you on about? It's pretty clear what point I'm making if you bothered to open the thread and scroll through.

Sorry, just a touch sensitive as this is going to have as significant impact for me and mine here.

I see what you're getting at now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Sorry, just a touch sensitive as this is going to have as significant impact for me and mine here.

I see what you're getting at now.

No worries. I was just pointing out that her hopes/your concerns are proving to be unfounded, as the updated graphs she's posting shows.

You didn't think I was accusing you of being one of them did you?!

Just now, Jack the Sipper said:

No worries. I was just pointing out that her hopes/your concerns are proving to be unfounded, as the updated graphs she's posting shows.

You didn't think I was accusing you of being one of them did you?!

I don't know anymore, up is down and left is right and being a a liar, a cheat and a scumbag is now a badge of honour.

From what i'm hearing this isn't going to be as straight forward as a lot of the second votes will go green, so it's not as cut and shut as it looks.

Again, we'll see.

Apologies for snapping.

You're most likely right, but it's concerning that it's even being in question.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I don't know anymore, up is down and left is right and being a a liar, a cheat and a scumbag is now a badge of honour.

From what i'm hearing this isn't going to be as straight forward as a lot of the second votes will go green, so it's not as cut and shut as it looks.

Again, we'll see.

Apologies for snapping.

You're most likely right, but it's concerning that it's even being in question.

Khan's ahead now according to the BBC tracker page, mate. Is this just similar to the US elections 'red mirage', or a deeper concern?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/c27kz1m3j9mt/london-elections-2021

Some Bailey supporters are already laying into TLW’s favourite top fox, Laurence Fox, as they think he’s split off some votes that would have gone to Bailey. In a way, it’s almost entertaining.

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Khan's ahead now according to the BBC tracker page, mate. Is this just similar to the US elections 'red mirage', or a deeper concern?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/c27kz1m3j9mt/london-elections-2021

According to The Standard he isn't.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/london-mayor-local-uk-elections-2021-latest-news-results-b933718.html#post-315375

11 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Dunno if I'm missing something, but there's no overall figures in that article, and it's over an hour behind.

Again, I hope you're right and I'm an hysterical fanny, but people are spooked down here.

Can't really blame them after the last few years.

24 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Again, I hope you're right and I'm an hysterical fanny, but people are spooked down here.

Can't really blame them after the last few years.

If you get that Curtice ghoul on with an urgent update, start worrying.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

It's comparing this local election vs the last General election, not sure how much that matters but it might be a reason the results are skewed.

No idea why they'd change their minds anyway, they've spent the last 12 months kicking off about being over worked and underpaid, now they want to vote for the party that under pays them. Weird. 

21 minutes ago, Aventus said:

It's comparing this local election vs the last General election, not sure how much that matters but it might be a reason the results are skewed.

No idea why they'd change their minds anyway, they've spent the last 12 months kicking off about being over worked and underpaid, now they want to vote for the party that under pays them. Weird. 

I know what it's compering and we need to pray the results are "skewed" because they are fucking shocking.

I agree with you it's weird and makes no sense but nhs workers are not the only group to hemorrhage votes away from Labour. Scotland was lost a decade or so ago, the working class and the north are on the brink of doing the same and Labours under 50s vote likewise. Very worrying, 

Better graph on healthworkers here, I've put this up elsewhere, I genuinely don't believe this poll, it boggles me

Edited by Gnasher

I haven't dug into the stats, but with all of these results, I'd be interested to know how much of it is Labour voters voting Tory, Labour voters voting for other left-leaning parties, and Labour voters not voting at all.

I suppose, from a Labour supporters POV, a low turnout would be the most encouraging scenario.