You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

Starmers making the same mistake as Corbs in his shadow cabinet, half of them are fuvking useless, not Diane Abott levels of useless but ineffective all the same. 

Dodds, shadow chancellor is a no no, feel a bit sorry for her up against someone throwing around free money but she's in the wrong job, education would suit her better.

Jonathan Answorth should be manager in the local tesco, he was rubbish for Corbyn and he hasn't improved. Reminds me of little Diddy David Steele, get rid. 

Rachel Reeves, looks the part but is a non entity. 

The Shadow home Secretary who's name escapes me is also another non entity.

Not a lot of talent to choose from in the Labour party but imo Starmer needs to be bold and bring in a couple of big hitters in the main jobs. I'd put Yvette Balls in to take on Patel at the home office and bring back John Mcdonald to take on Sunak as Chancellor for when the finances go tits up. Right and left wing to appease the grass roots and both are competent and know the job. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Starmers making the same mistake as Corbs in his shadow cabinet, half of them are fuvking useless, not Diane Abott levels of useless but ineffective all the same. 

Dodds, shadow chancellor is a no no, feel a bit sorry for her up against someone throwing around free money but she's in the wrong job, education would suit her better.

Jonathan Answorth should be manager in the local tesco, he was rubbish for Corbyn and he hasn't improved. Reminds me of little Diddy David Steele, get rid. 

Rachel Reeves, looks the part but is a non entity. 

The Shadow home Secretary who's name escapes me is also another non entity.

Not a lot of talent to choose from in the Labour party but imo Starmer needs to be bold and bring in a couple of big hitters in the main jobs. I'd put Yvette Balls in to take on Patel at the home office and bring back John Mcdonald to take on Sunak as Chancellor for when the finances go tits up. Right and left wing to appease the grass roots and both are competent and know the job. 

Makes sense. If (for whatever reason) you're only selecting your Shadow Cabinet from one wing of the party, you're right drawing from a much smaller pool of talent, as well as giving credence to those who claim that the party is irreparably divided and dysfunctional. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

He was shite today. Properly shite. Repeating sleaze at Johnsons face was good but the rest, even the way he words stuff is abysmal. 

He's the only game in town though. No one else remotely qualified to take over.

In my opinion he made a big big mistake in kicking Corbyn when that war was won but if Labour can't get into government under someone as media friendly as Starmer it might as well throw in the towel.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Keir would never share a stage with people who've advocated/appeared to advocate boycotting Israeli goods. People like...er...Keir Starmer... 

camden-palestine-solidarity-25-data.jpg

Just waiting for Rachel Riley to wear his face on a t-shirt with some slanderous words. I mean, imagine standing up against murdering cunts eh. 

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

St George's day today and all the flag wavers ranting about a bank holiday when the only party who promised a bank holiday were the labour party, so they working today for nothing..

I make a point of reminding people every St David's, Patrick's, George's and Andrew's day that a Labour Government would have given us Bank Holidays (and brought us more into line with other European countries).

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

As I said, not going to go down well and here we go. This friends of Israel stuff is really is the hill Starmers decided to die on,

As opposed to the easy ride you get if you take the other side? This is the point, there’s very little that goes down well with everyone. 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I wonder if he will be brave enough to condemn the evil twats chanting death to Arabs and hunting innocent Palestinians down in Jerusalem right now. Silence really is deafening. 

Not quite as simple as that as there are also videos of Palestinians targeting Jews and filming beating and uploading them online.

I'm not getting in to the rights or wrongs of either, but there's two sides to every story and reports from both sides don't sound good.

9 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Not quite as simple as that as there are also videos of Palestinians targeting Jews and filming beating and uploading them online.

I'm not getting in to the rights or wrongs of either, but there's two sides to every story and reports from both sides don't sound good.

Yep Palestinians are retaliating to acts of violence against innocent civilians. I saw one video of a group of Palestinians hitting a Jewish fella which isn’t nice, I’ve seen countless videos of Jewish people in their hundreds shouting death to Arabs and hunting them down. If I was treated the way the Israelis treat the Palestinians I’d react as well. Fucking cunts evil

horrible cunts 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep Palestinians are retaliating to acts of violence against innocent civilians. I saw one video of a group of Palestinians hitting a Jewish fella, I’ve seen countless videos of Jewish people in their hundreds shouting death to Arabs. If I was treated the way the Israelis treat the Palestinians I’d react as well. Fucking cunts evil

horrible cunts 

Don't fall in to the 'One mans freedom fighter...' nonsesne, it's perfectly acceptable to conceed that there are cunts on both sides acting independantly whilst also believing that the Isreali state is a repressive regime.

This doesn't exist in a vaccum, obviously, but it is perfectly legitimate to say people who beat others are cunts, on both sides irrespective of the wider context. The videos I was refering to are a trend on Tic-Tok for young Palastinaians to hit and harras Jews for the Lolz, not some deep held political belief. We could infer these are political acts of rebellion, but that's putting words in to people mouths.

The 'Jewish Far Right' can go fuck themselves and, I believe, the government want them classified as terrorists, so that doesn't hold up either as the 'Death to Arab' chants are from an organisation that is friends of neither the Palestinians or the government.

Two seperate issues are being conflated here and the bigger argument is weakned by it.

6 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Don't fall in to the 'One mans freedom fighter...' nonsesne, it's perfectly acceptable to conceed that there are cunts on both sides acting independantly whilst also believing that the Isreali state is a repressive regime.

This doesn't exist in a vaccum, obviously, but it is perfectly legitimate to say people who beat others are cunts, on both sides irrespective of the wider context. The videos I was refering to are a trend on Tic-Tok for young Palastinaians to hit and harras Jews for the Lolz, not some deep held political belief. We could infer these are political acts of rebellion, but that's putting words in to people mouths.

The 'Jewish Far Right' can go fuck themselves and, I believe, the government want them classified as terrorists, so that doesn't hold up either as the 'Death to Arab' chants are from an organisation that is friends of neither the Palestinians or the government.

Two seperate issues are being conflated here and the bigger argument is weakned by it.

Show me where I've said there aren't cunts on both sides mate? I've pointed out that it would be interesting to see if Starmer would dare come out and condemn these actions ("death to arabs" is actually trending on twitter) and all acts of terror by Israel against innocent civilians. You've assumed I don't think that there are cunts on the Palestinian side but happy slapping is different to genocide in my book.