You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

Probably not the right thread for this, but...

I fucking despair at the idiocy of the PFJ/JPF splitters on the Left in this country. 

That's someone from the Workers Party of Britain (a Galloway vehicle, set up in the wake of the 2019 election defeat) criticising the NIP for assisting the division of the Left  (while supposedly both supporting a bloke who would still be in the Labour Party if he had the choice).

8 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Apparently, he's not very good at researching what church to attend for his Easter social media posts... 

Following in the footsteps of Theresa May and Boris Johnson. 

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-leader-sir-keir-starmer-criticised-by-his-own-party-for-visit-to-church-with-homophobic-links-12264682

Reading that he has been pulled up by a Tory mp for shouting that he was leading our response to sorting out criminals and terrorists while Johnson was still writing shit columns , but it transpires that Johnson had been mayor of London for 6 months by the time he became DPP. Not a massive issue but really easy to avoid if he and his LOTO were on the ball.

It seems ironic that for someone who was sold as being on top of the details, he seems to make so many easily checkable errors.

Or someone being criticized for relying too much on focus groups, he doesn't seem to be able to think on his feet. 

I get the staying on message, the Tories are amazing at it, but you should be well versed enough that when you have to think on your feet you have the knowledge to not make a false statement.

Admittedly Johnson just lies or changes the subject, so obviously different standards.

Local council clowns dropped a leaflet through my door the other day saying sorry we missed you, even though I was in and they never knocked, I'm still a member as far as I know, members were always highlighted on your door knocking list for extra effort. It's just a shambles.

I had one of those news notifications, this one saying they have raised statutory sick pay by 50 pence per week. Whats the point, who the fuck does that help in any way shape or form. It's not even a gesture yet I guess I could be spun technically as we raised sick pay but the truth is it probably adds up to millions and doesn't help one single fucking person.

It's depressing as fuck. In the States the Republicans have reinvented themselves as the party of the angry working class, and the Tories seem to have done the same, successfully. I'm sure a lot of the racism and shit they peddle is done by design.

That leaves the question of what's left for Labour. Certainly I don't think they can, or should, be pandering to that crowd as - just like with Brexit - people will instinctively believe the Tories are more patriotic, pro military and police,  even if they're not.

Labour has to become a force for everyone else, regardless of class. 

20 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's depressing as fuck. In the States the Republicans have reinvented themselves as the party of the angry working class, and the Tories seem to have done the same, successfully. I'm sure a lot of the racism and shit they peddle is done by design.

That leaves the question of what's left for Labour. Certainly I don't think they can, or should, be pandering to that crowd as - just like with Brexit - people will instinctively believe the Tories are more patriotic, pro military and police,  even if they're not.

Labour has to become a force for everyone else, regardless of class. 

This is what ‘we’re’ up against, this guy, last guy, guy before him, not that one, that guy as well... 

It’d been a built up for a few days about what church he’d choose, because of course you have to pay your respects to the subjugation of the proles sky wizard conspiracy.

Anyhows his house of baby Jesus isn’t the morally bastion like house of Jesus that he should have gone to, I assume there are some unaffected by scandal or other, possibly...

So, he goes to a church which no cunt wants to do on a Sunday and gets pilloried, firstly wrong church, secondly this one had a scandal attached. Nobody would have paid this any attention whatsofuckingever if dickheads ‘on the left’ on Twitter hadn’t dragged him over the coals for it, not even mentioning the sick bullshit they pulled on his post about Cheryl Gillian.

Imagine, being told you have to go to church, to be seen to be going to church to placate some blue rinse version of Blighty, then being told not that church, no , another one as the optics are bad, then settling on one where, what should be your own people dig you out after researching historical opinions.

He’s had to apologise to appease all of the above.

Johnson, slept off a hangover whilst in bed with his common law wife and 7th/8th kid, who’s counting, whilst brushing away the latest scandal of giving significant money and access to a women you’re shagging and then lying on record about it, that’s just this fucking weeks scandal. 

Fuck England, you deserve this fucking nonsense.

VERY SORRY: Starmer had another tricky day yesterday as he was forced to tweet a groveling apology for visiting a church that has been condemned for its views on homosexuality. After days of criticism, the Labour leader said: “I completely disagree with Jesus House’s beliefs on LGBT+ rights, which I was not aware of before my visit. I apologise for the hurt my visit caused and have taken down the video. It was a mistake and I accept that.”