You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

On 21/02/2021 at 13:02, Bruce Spanner said:

I went to the leadership talks of Starmer, Nandy and Long Bailey and he was head and shoulders above the others, he talked convincingly, he hit the high notes in terms of policy and moving forward and he took the heckles from some with good grace and attempted to engage with them properly.

This doesn't seem like the same person, this version is being led by optics and numbers and he's losing what was, potentially, good about him, his clear thinking and his commitment to change.

His ten pledges are solid, though he's rolling them back which is a red flag, his ability to take Johnson apart is there for all to see every Wednesday, but no one gives a fuck about that. His former career show he's very capable, but where is this being demonstrated? 

I have no idea what the fucks wrong with this country anymore, it's an island of vidictive sadists who would rather see their neighbour suffer than themselves prosper and they'll vote for Johnson and his ilk even though they know they're lying fucking crooks with no moral fortitude, so I have no idea what we have to do to win an election.

I've said since the start that a coalition would be a good outcome and I still think that's possible, but I don't know if it will be with the ideas I was promised.

You’re a complete fucking imbecile who fell hook line and sinker for a professional looking fella in a suit lying to you despite all the evidence in front of you telling you what a cunt he was and what his political view is (stop the left or non elite class getting any power at any cost).  Don’t worry though you’re not the only one.  This is clearly a left wing (believing they are anyway) website and it’s absolutely full of them.

His 10 pledges were a caveat to push through his leadership campaign in case the left in the party could convince the membership what a slime ball he is.  It’s so easy for him to roll back on any or all of them and whenever he wants because what the fuck are you or anyone else going to do about it?  The one chance of bringing accountability to our politics in this country went when Corbyn shit his bills and didn’t introduce mandatory reselection.  Now we’ve got our “left” opposition party back to doing what it did before the Corbyn blip.  Failing to oppose right wing policies in opposition or bringing them in themselves in government.  All these people who have been up Starmers backside now flapping it because he’s doing shit in the polls and making a show of himself crawling up the tories arses are going to have a heart attack if they actually ever get the chance to see him as PM and how fucking embarrassing that would actually be.  You would get all the bad sides of neo-liberalism whilst also including all the bad sides of Tory deregulation.  It would make this pandemic shitfest look like a golden age.

Any genuine left wing thinking person who still backs this complete fucking fraud is just experiencing Stockholm syndrome.  Fucking “red flags” honestly the funniest thing I’ve read in years.  Corbyn was the last chance, while any of us will live, of there being a left wing government or at worst opposition.  One day you will realise it like every other clueless liberal but it will be too late then.  Fuck it, it’s too late now.  The constant idea that was pushed was that Labour just needed to fuck Corbyn off because he was toxic.  We should pick a Tony Blair looking cunt who the papers would love and everything would be okay because we would just keep the same policies.  Completely devoid of reality and deluded to think that any cunt would put forward the left wing manifesto the very few remaining left MP’s put forward.

As time goes on there will be less and less of them to the point I think they will be completely eradicated.  There’s absolutely no chance one will be on a ballot for leadership before then with the way it’s fixed in the rights favour either.  I’m sure you will happy clapping the next cunt to feed you a load of shit then though as well.

8 hours ago, The Guest said:

You’re a complete fucking imbecile who fell hook line and sinker for a professional looking fella in a suit lying to you despite all the evidence in front of you telling you what a cunt he was and what his political view is (stop the left or non elite class getting any power at any cost).  Don’t worry though you’re not the only one.  This is clearly a left wing (believing they are anyway) website and it’s absolutely full of them.

His 10 pledges were a caveat to push through his leadership campaign in case the left in the party could convince the membership what a slime ball he is.  It’s so easy for him to roll back on any or all of them and whenever he wants because what the fuck are you or anyone else going to do about it?  The one chance of bringing accountability to our politics in this country went when Corbyn shit his bills and didn’t introduce mandatory reselection.  Now we’ve got our “left” opposition party back to doing what it did before the Corbyn blip.  Failing to oppose right wing policies in opposition or bringing them in themselves in government.  All these people who have been up Starmers backside now flapping it because he’s doing shit in the polls and making a show of himself crawling up the tories arses are going to have a heart attack if they actually ever get the chance to see him as PM and how fucking embarrassing that would actually be.  You would get all the bad sides of neo-liberalism whilst also including all the bad sides of Tory deregulation.  It would make this pandemic shitfest look like a golden age.

Any genuine left wing thinking person who still backs this complete fucking fraud is just experiencing Stockholm syndrome.  Fucking “red flags” honestly the funniest thing I’ve read in years.  Corbyn was the last chance, while any of us will live, of there being a left wing government or at worst opposition.  One day you will realise it like every other clueless liberal but it will be too late then.  Fuck it, it’s too late now.  The constant idea that was pushed was that Labour just needed to fuck Corbyn off because he was toxic.  We should pick a Tony Blair looking cunt who the papers would love and everything would be okay because we would just keep the same policies.  Completely devoid of reality and deluded to think that any cunt would put forward the left wing manifesto the very few remaining left MP’s put forward.

As time goes on there will be less and less of them to the point I think they will be completely eradicated.  There’s absolutely no chance one will be on a ballot for leadership before then with the way it’s fixed in the rights favour either.  I’m sure you will happy clapping the next cunt to feed you a load of shit then though as well.

Right wing shill, check.

Corbyn was the saviour, check.

Not 'real' left wing, check.

You'll all see eventualy, check.

Tony Blair loving, check.

I think I just got full house in the cult bingo superiority game.

You make some points which are important, but let yourself down by the weird hard on you have for a sepia tinged version of reality that doesn't, and has never, really existed.

C- Decent, but room for improvement as attacks go.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Pidge said:

I think the view is that decriminalisation is about removing the criminalisation of users, but the supply chain would mainly still be largely through illegal supply chains.  She doesn't ask about legalisation, which could offer more of a threat to organised criminals.

That's a fair point in itself, but then you'd have to ask if he would've given a different answer had he been asked about legalisation, and, looking at what he says here, I really don't think he would have, and for the reason I gave above - that he thinks it's not what the base he's looking to secure want to hear. It was telling, for example, that, even though he was asked about 'cannabis', he responded by talking about 'drugs', which obviously includes things like heroin and coke, and conjures up all sorts of images in Daily Mail readers heads. A bit of a cunts trick in my view, as someone who thinks there's a world of difference between sucking on a spliff and sucking on a crack pipe.

Hopefully someone will ask him specifically about legalisation, noting the argument that crime is associated with its current legal status, and see his response. I fear it would be the same vague 'I've seen the harm it can do' waffle, and reference to 'drugs'.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, The Guest said:

What's it like being a cultist?

Do you have a shrine, regular prayers, incense etc or go in for the more esoteric... self flagellation, speaking in tongues and death to dissenters?

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I see "should be a traditional Labour voter" from Nottingham, Martin Daubney has two Union Jack's in his background. Hopefully the new strategy will win people like him "back" to us.

Journalist for 25 years, former MEP. Now Chief Presenter/Editorial Director with 

A new common sense media channel that speaks Britain's language

Oh, a cunt.

40 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I see "should be a traditional Labour voter" from Nottingham, Martin Daubney has two Union Jack's in his background. Hopefully the new strategy will win people like him "back" to us.

The more important question is why we lost 'them' in the first place and why did they become the way they did?

If we start to really drill down on that then the idea of the 'traditional working class' starts to become anathema to progress as 'we' need to understand what 'they' did to warp the values of these people and communities so much, we know where some of it comes from, but we need to look at the causes, not the symptoms. 

I have no interest in flag shagging, but why is it important? It gives people somthing to define themselves with after everything we used to have has been taken from us through various governments ever incresing drive to strip and rob us of everything that previously defined us/communities/peoples. 

It's not simple divide and conquer, it's more insidious than that and it's very delibrate, like we've seen with Breixt and Trump, and Johnson also. You give people a chance to win, even though they'll inevitably lose out in the end, and they'll lap it up because it means they don't have to address the real lack of power or agency in their lives, but can still feel superiour on their way to the food bank.

I know it's more nuanced than that obviously, but as a basis for reflection we need to figure out why 'they' believe they hate us and 'our' ideas so much?

41 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The more important question is why we lost 'them' in the first place and why did they become the way they did?

If we start to really drill down on that then the idea of the 'traditional working class' starts to become anathema to progress as 'we' need to understand what 'they' did to warp the values of these people and communities so much, we know where some of it comes from, but we need to look at the causes, not the symptoms. 

I have no interest in flag shagging, but why is it important? It gives people somthing to define themselves with after everything we used to have has been taken from us through various governments ever incresing drive to strip and rob us of everything that previously defined us/communities/peoples. 

It's not simple divide and conquer, it's more insidious than that and it's very delibrate, like we've seen with Breixt and Trump, and Johnson also. You give people a chance to win, even though they'll inevitably lose out in the end, and they'll lap it up because it means they don't have to address the real lack of power or agency in their lives, but can still feel superiour on their way to the food bank.

I know it's more nuanced than that obviously, but as a basis for reflection we need to figure out why 'they' believe they hate us and 'our' ideas so much?

10 years of Blair saw voter turnout go down year on year. Perhaps people felt that a centrist Labour no longer represented them? In steps Farage banging on about 'elites' to fill the vacuum and bingo! Brexit!

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

10 years of Blair saw voter turnout go down year on year. Perhaps people felt that a centrist Labour no longer represented them? In steps Farage banging on about 'elites' to fill the vacuum and bingo! Brexit!

And as economic policies drifted to the right, the divide became more about culture, religion, etc. It was a much easier sell from newspapers. 

When polled, the population has economic views to the left of the government. However, if you've spent decades telling them to prioritise being a "top brit" it isn't surprising when they do at the ballot box.

Patriotism needs to be wrestled back from the right, but it's not going to happen by just mirroring them. People won't buy it.

• Upvote 3

The re-look was supposed to be about Cllr O'Dowd's links to the car park scandal but leftist Labour media suggested it was a ruse to give the party time to come up with an excuse to find a reason to get rid of Cllr Rothery's candidacy, and the 'unprecedented' decision today lends credence to that. Not much talk of broad churches these days is there ?

Can they stop any of the candidates re-applying if they fulfil the relevant criteria ?

6 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The re-look was supposed to be about Cllr O'Dowd's links to the car park scandal but leftist Labour media suggested it was a ruse to give the party time to come up with an excuse to find a reason to get rid of Cllr Rothery's candidacy, and the 'unprecedented' decision today lends credence to that. Not much talk of broad churches these days is there ?

Can they stop any of the candidates re-applying if they fulfil the relevant criteria ?

I know very little about what's going on locally up there anymore, but are any of the candidates implicated/linked to the Anderson stuff?

Seems a really fucking strange move if not.

10 minutes ago, sir roger said:

There was a change recently and Dave Evans now has a veto on anyone who wants to stand to become an elected representative for the party. 

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I know very little about what's going on locally up there anymore, but are any of the candidates implicated/linked to the Anderson stuff?

Seems a really fucking strange move if not.

Don't think so , O'Dowd is on the 'acceptable' wing of the party but linked to a scandal over car parks on match days taking cash and possibly under declaring it , and the firm involved employed her daughter. Rothery is on the left of the party and backed by Dan Carden and Ian Byrne. Not sure about the 3rd candidate.

The impression I get is that they initially thought Rothery was a no-hoper but have panicked as her candidacy picked up.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Don't think so , O'Dowd is on the 'acceptable' wing of the party but linked to a scandal over car parks on match days taking cash and possibly under declaring it , and the firm involved employed her daughter. Rothery is on the left of the party and backed by Dan Carden and Ian Byrne. Not sure about the 3rd candidate.

The impression I get is that they initially thought Rothery was a no-hoper but have panicked as her candidacy picked up.

Cheers.

Been trying to find anything and nothing, very fucking odd.