You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

11 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Following party democracy overrides individual believes that you still continue to fight for and push.......... and repeat. 

Apart from unilateral disarmament not being in the manifesto that was put to members you are bang on.

13 minutes ago, A Red said:

Apart from unilateral disarmament not being in the manifesto that was put to members you are bang on.

Probably because that policy would have been crucified by the press. Wouldn't stop the majority of the party (as was) approaching issues such as renewing Trident or selling arms to Saudi from a different perspective once elected. I suppose I should have quantified "principled" for you in that he seemed more principled (and reflected many of my own beliefs) than those who had come before him or those he was up against for the party leadership.

27 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Probably because that policy would have been crucified by the press. Wouldn't stop the majority of the party (as was) approaching issues such as renewing Trident or selling arms to Saudi from a different perspective once elected. I suppose I should have quantified "principled" for you in that he seemed more principled (and reflected many of my own beliefs) than those who had come before him or those he was up against for the party leadership.

Fair comment

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, mattyq said:

This is nuts

It's like when Red Ed didn't say anything when the Tories went big blaming Lab for the 2008 Bank Collapse.

The topic doesn't go away just because you ignore it

Course it does , it appears we just need to avoid saying anything for four years and hope the public still remember our name.

What follows is a serious party political broadcast. 

I close my eyes, hoping for a leader but a leader's gone,

Leftist dreams, 

Dashed before my eyes with antisemitism,

Fart in the wind, 

Kier is a fart in the wind. 

Same old song, 

Add a union jack and endless infighting, 

New Labour, 

Crumbles to the ground though we refuse to see, 

Fart in the wind, 

Kier and jez are farts in the wind. 

15 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

Just imagine if the democrats went this easy on Trump. 

Yeah, that was weak, the whole interview was in truth. You can only say you want to fight inequality so many time before the obvious question is ‘How?’ And when you ain’t got answers you look silly.

Lammy on Marr went further which was good to see, but the cunt should be hammered, especially with the ‘VIP’ PPE procurement pathway set up which almost universally handed out contracts, where the official channels rejected most.

I hope they are waiting for more concrete cases that can’t be brushed away with ‘we did what we needed to do, for the good of Great Britain.’

Hancock genuinely said we did this to saves lives! We have one of the highest death counts on the fucking planet, even with their creative accounting, but that’s what will stick with people. They did this to saves lives, ain’t they dynamic.

Edit: The rep is for the harsh neg I doled out yesterday.

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

No come on, put your money where your mouth is, it's easy to lob shitballs but where's your solutions?

No one. I've constantly stated Starmer is the only game in town. There is no one in the Labour ranks to replace him. I think he's made an almighty clanger in fighting a needless fight against the Corbyn wing of the party but Starmer is imo Labour's only hope of winning the next election

Edit. Another problem in alienating a large section of paid up members and relying more on private donations is A. These people tend to want a say in policy and B. You get headlines like below.

https://www.businessinsider.com/labour-together-donations-under-investigation-by-electoral-commission-2021-2?amp&r=US&IR=T&__twitter_impression=true

I think the profile, as a starting point, would need to be -

- Was either pro Brexit or said almost fuck all about it.

- Not from London.

- Has no strong opinion on Israel murdering kids or at least hasn't said or done anything publicly.

- White, or if not white at least keeps quiet about their background.

25 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I think the profile, as a starting point, would need to be -

- Was either pro Brexit or said almost fuck all about it.

- Not from London.

- Has no strong opinion on Israel murdering kids or at least hasn't said or done anything publicly.

- White, or if not white at least keeps quiet about their background.

Sarah Champion, with the bonus that she hates muslamic peado gangs and ‘wet lefties’. 

Negatives, she has a uterus.

Starmer's biggest problem IMO is that he's slavishly paying attention to think tanks and focus groups but to an almost autistic degree, but the fact it's being leaked that he's doing so (even though they all do) is undermining him and making him look like a dickhead.

If you'd done a study on "the blue wall", nailed on it'd have said stuff like "don't mention Brexit - ever again", "be patriotic  and don't slag off the military or the Queen".

This then becomes "labour MPs told to keep shtum on Brexit and have union jack mugs". Yeah it's naff, but isn't that kind of how it's done? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Section_31 said:

Starmer's biggest problem IMO is that he's slavishly paying attention to think tanks and focus groups but to an almost autistic degree, but the fact it's being leaked that he's doing so (even though they all do) is undermining him and making him look like a dickhead.

If you'd done a study on "the blue wall", nailed on it'd have said stuff like "don't mention Brexit - ever again", "be patriotic  and don't slag off the military or the Queen".

This then becomes "labour MPs told to keep shtum on Brexit and have union jack mugs". Yeah it's naff, but isn't that kind of how it's done? 

I sort of agree with Starmer on Brexit. Why keep dragging it up? Nothing for Labour to gain. Its odds on the tories will/are going to totally fuck up our leaving so let them own it and let them own the consequences of it.