You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

We can't sit on our hands for two years 

No one is saying sit on our hands but polls are reflective of the news about the vaccine. The death rates have been pushed to the side. It'll all change when the attention turns to the aftermath and that'll be the time to see if Starmer has more to him. 

32 minutes ago, sir roger said:

It just seems to be giving him an excuse to be honest , nobody in politics gets two years ( it would be nearly 3 years in this case ) before judgements are made

I'm sure people would be saying the same if someone from the left was in charge whilst the government were fucking up so much during a pandemic.

7 hours ago, skend04 said:

The vaccine roll out is being portrayed as going well 

It is going well, it has the potential to single handedly reverse all the incompetence levelled at them in one fell swoop. They’ve made the EU look like mugs and will dine out on this for some time, propaganda overdrive. It’s got them off the hook big time.

6 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

It is going well, it has the potential to single handedly reverse all the incompetence levelled at them in one fell swoop. They’ve made the EU look like mugs and will dine out on this for some time, propaganda overdrive. It’s got them off the hook big time.

Yep. Unfortunately I think people will forgive plenty if the rollout allows the country a bit more freedom over the next few months.

21 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Yep. Unfortunately I think people will forgive plenty if the rollout allows the country a bit more freedom over the next few months.

And it'll come before the rest of Europe. 

Which will conclusively prove that Brexit was a fantastic idea and that British people are better than forrins. 

22 minutes ago, skend04 said:

100%. It will all be brushed under the carpet, the same way anything the Tories fuck up is, whereas if some form of Labour coalition had overseen this shit show we'd have never heard the end of it and they would have been hounded out of power at the earliest opportunity. 

42 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

It's going quickly, not necessarily well, the consequences of which won't be known for some time.  Whatever happens though it will be twisted in their favour by them and their enablers in the press.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I know I was disagreeing with somebody the other day about giving Starmer two years leeway , but I don't think the polls at present are worth giving any credence to as they are up and down with every covid story arc.

The locals are going to be really telling.

If restrictions are slightly lifted and the Tories get the 'We saved GB' I really fear.

Cutting through is happening, but that can be destroyed overnight.

My biggest fear, which both sides are whispering about is lack of satisfaction, with the left looking at McDonnell and those not fully versed in Trot trying to parachute in Reeves, or at a push, Cooper.

Neither are a good idea...

14 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I know I was disagreeing with somebody the other day about giving Starmer two years leeway , but I don't think the polls at present are worth giving any credence to as they are up and down with every covid story arc.

I used to think that but now I think it's all upwards for the tories, the vaccine and eu incompetence has seen them snatch an undeserved victory from the jaws of defeat. I foresee a very difficult summer ahead for Starmer and the Labour party, especially when the restrictions ease.

27 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The locals are going to be really telling.

If restrictions are slightly lifted and the Tories get the 'We saved GB' I really fear.

Cutting through is happening, but that can be destroyed overnight.

My biggest fear, which both sides are whispering about is lack of satisfaction, with the left looking at McDonnell and those not fully versed in Trot trying to parachute in Reeves, or at a push, Cooper.

Neither are a good idea...

I don't see a single decent prospect in the parliamentary party , including the incumbent. 

The local elections may give a rough idea of flow , but they tend to be such poor numbers with diehards only turning out.

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

I don't see a single decent prospect in the parliamentary party , including the incumbent. 

The local elections may give a rough idea of flow , but they tend to be such poor numbers with diehards only turning out.

Yeah, but if diehards who didn't turn out last time, for whatever reason, then we can see percentage/incremental gains/loses.

I was looking forward to them and think he was on something of a good path, but now I'm not sure, we'll see I guess.

I agree, losing so many seats does weaken the potential candidates, especially as some, who were elected, were fast tracked and will offer little as they're still green, or without a country, so to speak.

Not a great place to be in.

The burn the witch brigade are targeting legendary film maker (Cathy come home, Kes, I Daniel Blake to name a few) and committed human rights activist Ken Loach now. It appears some are upset that he's doing a speech at Oxford university.

Always loved his quote when asked if Thatcher should have a state funeral

"they should put it out for tender and give it to the lowest bidder, it's what she would have wanted" 

Starmer would go up in a few peoples estimation if he added his signature to the below. This nonsense needs to be challenged now.