You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

No , she's a cunt

She voted Labour in the end and put out that everybody must after ‘toying’ with voting Lib Dem because of Brexit. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/fiona-phillips-you-must-vote-20938104.amp

Anyone taking their political cues from Fiona Phillips has a head full of rocks though.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

She voted Labour in the end and put out that everybody must after ‘toying’ with voting Lib Dem because of Brexit. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/fiona-phillips-you-must-vote-20938104.amp

Anyone taking their political cues from Fiona Phillips has a head full of rocks though.

Yeah she's a helmet, would love to see her Tazered, ideally while she's carrying a dog. 

• Upvote 1

The Brexit referendum that was offered at 2015 election, the referendum that was only offered because the Tory leaders thought they was no way they would win against Miliband so wouldn't have to actually have a referendum. 

Obviously Brexit is on Corbyn, says the man who left the Labour party as soon as Corbyn became leader. 

No agenda whatsoever.  

Not a cult.

3 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Too many Z list celebrities writing teenage angst politics prose. Stewart Lee is one of the worst offenders. This article below is typical of his output, just childish and trite. Who would pay to read this ? 

Marina Hyde is the only decent writer they have. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/17/oh-see-how-the-tories-now-run-from-donald-trump

Stewart Lee is great you loon. 

That article is so good it even promotes King Rocker on Sky Arts tomorrow 9pm.

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Was that more a remain thing though than a 'the state of Labour' move? 

The only physical newspaper I buy these days is Saturday's Mirror for the quizword, Brian Reade and the sport coverage. Unfortunately Fiona Phillips column is in it as well. She is very good on certain stuff like mental health and the NHS but hated Corbyn as he usurped her mates in the centre who had offered her a party job in the past , and called him a disgrace for suggesting one of her best friends was anti-Labour , yes step forward Laura Kuenssberg.. She also ditched her childhood club Southampton for Chelsea as she ' needed a more successful team '.

On a more relevant subject , there was a piece ( Guardian or Indy, I think but cant find it now ) suggesting that Labour would be better spending more time concentrating on the South of England than the Red wall and Scotland , as Starmer is more likely to attract the voters there , and there are far more constituencies involved and likely to be even more if the proposed re-jig of constituencies takes place.

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

On a more relevant subject , there was a piece ( Guardian or Indy, I think but cant find it now ) suggesting that Labour would be better spending more time concentrating on the South of England than the Red wall and Scotland , as Starmer is more likely to attract the voters there , and there are far more constituencies involved and likely to be even more if the proposed re-jig of constituencies takes place.

If the Tories have another constitutional carve-up then Labour will be done. The Tory power grab is so naked, so blatant, but the majority they have allows them to so anything they want, even break the law.  

Future elections are going to be based on what flavour of Tory you prefer. 

But who knows, there's a load of farmers, hauliers, small biz owners, fishermen, all feeling let down by Brexyboos. I just see the same idiots being offered another unicorn to make up for the lies, and they'll believe it. 

At some point there is a threshold the Tories will cross, but I can't imagine what it is. 

It's not a Starmer thing.  Labour need to dismantle the machinery inside it, simplify itself, because people look at it and see a mess.  People are scared of complexity, which is why Johnson won it for the Tories. People wanted him to be in charge, it was a presidential race. People are fundamentally sheep and need to be herded by the loudest voice. 

On 04/02/2021 at 16:28, Colonel Kurtz said:

My point is by the time of the election, there will have been 3 - 4 years of growth > 5% per annum. Brexit and COVID will be forgotten and there will be a feel good factor. It’s always about the economy in the end so no way they are losing an 80 seat majority after that. 

I'm pretty sure this is fantasy stuff and/or you need to cut down on the glue

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Too many Z list celebrities writing teenage angst politics prose. Stewart Lee is one of the worst offenders. This article below is typical of his output, just childish and trite. Who would pay to read this ? 

Marina Hyde is the only decent writer they have. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/17/oh-see-how-the-tories-now-run-from-donald-trump

Grace Dent writes a generally excellent column. It's not political though, but as she has written about shopping in Huyon Asda I doubt she's a Tory, at least I hope she's not.

8 minutes ago, Moo said:

Grace Dent writes a generally excellent column. It's not political though, but as she has written about shopping in Huyon Asda I doubt she's a Tory, at least I hope she's not.

Nah she's a two-faced sla....

Oh hang on thats Harvey 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Numero said:

How far would i need to look back to find posts you've made about wanting a more caring society?

I don’t know. Quite far I would guess, but I don’t stat-track post topic intervals so I can’t give you an accurate answer. What I will point out is the fact a society and one person who once spoke about my mum’s rotten pussy and called my family rats aren’t the same thing and I want different things for them. One is general and one is specific. 

22 hours ago, A Red said:

If you are of the opinion gnasher is having mental health issues, which you obviously do, isnt it a bit nasty to point out that you are enjoying it?

Yes, it is. That was the intention. I can be an incredibly vindictive, hateful, nasty person - especially when somebody comes at the ones I love. It’s also honest. 

I’ve answered your questions, which seem utterly ridiculous to me. I didn’t dodge them, I just object to the dishonest nonsense they’re based on. I don’t think you care that a random guy said a nasty thing, I don’t think you care about mental health, I don’t think you care about Gnasher, I don’t think it was anything to do with ego jabs, you just saw an opportunity to have a pop after I negged you earlier. 

I’m sure we will both get over it.