You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

3 minutes ago, Numero said:

I’ll do what I want. Ignore leaves a button, which I clicked. I mistakenly thought it might have been a polling tweet or something. Instead it was just more incoherent bollocks. 

You do what you want Numerous. You do that. I'm entitled and I do what I want, I get your jist. Just dont be hypocritical and do the opposite and then try to call me out on it, ok sweet cheeks?

28 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You do what you want Numerous. You do that. I'm entitled and I do what I want, I get your jist. Just dont be hypocritical and do the opposite and then try to call me out on it, ok sweet cheeks?

No. I’ll continue to read whatever I want and I won’t give a fuck about what you do, you thick cunt. You’re on ignore, I’ll click ‘show post’ if I want. I won’t if I don’t want to. I’m absolutely entitled to read whatever I like and ignore whatever I like, no matter how many incoherent posts you make. 

14 minutes ago, Numero said:

No. I’ll continue to read whatever I want and I won’t give a fuck about what you do, you thick cunt. You’re on ignore, I’ll click ‘show post’ if I want. I won’t if I don’t want to. I’m absolutely entitled to read whatever I like and ignore whatever I like, no matter how many incoherent posts you make. 

Very teenage girlish isnt it?

So im not really really 100% on ignore? Thank fuck for that. So you've put me on ignore but still veiw my posts, but of course only if you want to, if you dont want to you wont, but its your ignore button and you will use it if you want to, or not if you dont want to. Hmmm...

13 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

My thinking is that the party have accepted that the next election is lost. Its not viable to overturn a 80 seat majority and Covid/Brexit will seem a long time ago in 3- 4 years time. At best, the majority will be cut to 20 - 30 seats but that's doubtful if the economy booms as predicted by the IMF (6% -7% growth per annum post Brexit/vaccine). Its probably at least another 5 years maybe 10 until the current majority is eroded so nobody is that keen about being the leader of the opposition for 15 years.  I think the next Labour PM may not even be an MP yet. 

Corbyn's legacy was Brexit and 10 - 15 years of Tory rule. 

The party have accepted the next election lost, no they have not, what bullshit.

Where have your figures come from?

Below is from the IMF's report

'Despite a rebound as the economy re-opened in the summer, growth for 2020 will likely be around -11 percent, with core inflation below target, and the current account deficit subdued at about 2½ percent.

The outlook is challenging. The second lockdown has already dampened activity. Prolonged social distancing in its aftermath and frictions associated with implementation of the new Brexit trade regime are expected to generate strong headwinds through mid-2021 (and for even longer if a free trade agreement cannot be reached). Still, as full re-opening occurs helped by vaccines, GDP is projected to rebound and grow by 5.7 percent in 2021 and about 4.5 percent in 2022. A faster recovery would be held back by corporate and household stress as exceptional fiscal support abates and the economy adjusts structurally to the new landscape once the immediate impact of Covid and Brexit recedes. By 2025, the level of output is projected to recover to about 5 percent below the pre-Covid trend, reflecting weaker investment and higher unemployment in the interim.'

https://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles/2020/12/18/pr20379-united-kingdom-imf-executive-board-concludes-2020-article-iv-consultation

There's pessimism and then there's deception.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Numero said:

I’ll do what I want. Ignore leaves a button, which I clicked. I mistakenly thought it might have been a polling tweet or something. Instead it was just more incoherent bollocks. 

You made a mistake you say, you? Was it a stupid mistake because I thought you'd be above making mistakes. You oh suppa duppa intelligent Numerous one. You who pull people up for typos and double spacers, you made a stupid mistake?  

Nah you didnt did you? you're full of shit, but if you are telling the truth (and I believe you're not) sing along with Gareth, it could happen to any one of us ..

34 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You made a mistake you say, you? Was it a stupid mistake because I thought you'd be above making mistakes. You oh suppa duppa intelligent Numerous one. You who pull people up for typos and double spacers, you made a stupid mistake?  

Nah you didnt did you? you're full of shit, but if you are telling the truth (and I believe you're not) sing along with Gareth, it could happen to any one of us ..

Are you having some sort of mental collapse? That’s some of the strangest shit I’ve seen on here. Aren’t you supposed to be taking pictures of boats, or whatever it you old fellas are doing these days, instead of displaying an inferiority complex about your lack of intelligence.

35 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yes but without the silly fanfare? Yes.

Then no. There was no fanfare, a word you clearly still don’t understand. Like I say, you’re on ignore. I’m only reading these posts because watching your slow collapse into madness is pretty entertaining. It couldn’t happen to a nicer cunt. 

1 minute ago, Numero said:

Are you having some sort of mental collapse? That’s some of the strangest shit I’ve seen on here. Aren’t you supposed to be taking pictures of boats, or whatever it you old fellas are doing these days, instead of displaying an inferiority complex about your lack of intelligence.

Nice dig on mental illness there Numerous. To answer your question I wouldn't know what old fellas do these days because I'm not one, but If I was id rather be taking photos of some such objects rather than gazing at a 3 grand coffee machine because it looks aesthetically good in my kitchen (know what I mean Harry)

It seems your self proclaimed supper  intelligence dosn't seem to stop you making a cunt of yourself over your hissy fit of using the ignore button, dear god how to make yourself look a hypocrite in 24 hours.

Now am I back on ignore or are you so shallow in your own mind that you just pop in and out if you can garner the strength? 

11 minutes ago, Numero said:

Then no. There was no fanfare, a word you clearly still don’t understand. Like I say, you’re on ignore. I’m only reading these posts because watching your slow collapse into madness is pretty entertaining. It couldn’t happen to a nicer cunt. 

Oh I'm back on ignore. Hurrah.

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Nice dig on mental illness there Numerous. To answer your question I wouldn't know what old fellas do these days because I'm not one, but If I was id rather be taking photos of some such objects rather than gazing at a 3 grand coffee machine because it looks aesthetically good in my kitchen (know what I mean Harry)

It seems your self proclaimed supper  intelligence dosn't seem to stop you making a cunt of yourself over your hissy fit of using the ignore button, dear god how to make yourself look a hypocrite in 24 hours.

Now am I back on ignore or are you so shallow in your own mind that you just pop in and out if you can garner the strength? 

Hahahah. You’re not an old fella? Fucking hell. You might want to rein yourself in, know what I mean Mike? 

What self-proclaimed super-intelligence? What are you talking about? When did I proclaim that? This is genuinely funny. 

Just now, Numero said:

Hahahah. You’re not an old fella? Fucking hell. You might want to reign yourself in, know what I mean Mike? 

What self-proclaimed super-intelligence? What are you talking about? When did I proclaim that? This is genuinely funny. 

He's fucking back again!!! This early? That ignore button must have taken more jabs than Frank Brunos face. 

15 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It's disingenuous to say growth and/or 'boom' where it's still nowhere near pre-pandemic/Brexit levels.

Wouldn't want people leaving with the wrong impression, if you know what I mean?

Yeah, partial recovery definitely isn’t a boom. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

But that’s not what is predicted in your quote. 5% growth per annum coupled with interest rates at less than 1% does not equate to mass unemployment or tax rises.  One of us will be wrong but my money is on the Tories getting another 50 seat majority and another 5 years at least. Corbyn’s legacy to the party was to put them in opposition for 10 years. 

'By 2025, the level of output is projected to recover to about 5 percent below the pre-Covid trend, reflecting weaker investment and higher unemployment in the interim.'

You don't think we'll see tax rises in light of the current shitfest?

I know your man Rishi the other day had to placate the backbench head the balls with a promise on the triple lock tax moving forward, but we both know this has to be paid for and it sure as shit ain't coming from the top end.

6 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

But that’s not what is predicted in your quote. 5% growth per annum coupled with interest rates at less than 1% does not equate to mass unemployment or tax rises.  One of us will be wrong but my money is on the Tories getting another 50 seat majority and another 5 years at least. Corbyn’s legacy to the party was to put them in opposition for 10 years. 

You might want to read it again. As for Corbyn’s legacy. Well, Labour might well lose to the Tories with a 50 seat majority. It won’t be on Corbyn though, it will be on Starmer. You don’t have 5 years of leadership and then get to blame it on the last guy. Yes, Corbyn’s reign turned out to be disastrous and has made it harder for Starmer, but he knew what he was getting into. He is responsible for Labour’s showing in the next election. 

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I understand your veiw, and the fellas twitter post is pertinent and I'm borderline on thinking the same, but there is a long way to go towards the election but Starmer is surely the best bet out there to take away another landslide for the Conservatives?  Weve had a few alternative names brandished about on here today and they are hardly inspiring. I fully understand your point though. 

Give it Stevie - I hear he is well over 20pts in the lead and being a Rangers man he knows about patriotism. Seriously I think all the shitty little off the record briefing to the commentiariart are more to remind Starmer not to get any silly ideas and offer us differing options of being punched in the balls or the face. All actions so far point to him being extremely compliant in defending the status quo. The only way he gets challenged is if he drifts too far left in the short-term or stops punching left.

I did see you mention in the EU thread about PR. In the short-term I won't be voting Labour in the local elections and I'm looking more into accepting PR as FPTP gives us such a small acceptable opinion of debate. When even basic reasonable requests like free broadband are tagged as Marxism or tagged as fantasy in many instances from members of the Labour party - it highlights our political discourse is rotten and most Labour politicians are weak. So I will wait to see what line Labour take on PR and will be looking into it further myself but there isn't a general election for a few years so that's where I am.

5 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

Give it Stevie - I hear he is well over 20pts in the lead and being a Rangers man he knows about patriotism. Seriously I think all the shitty little off the record briefing to the commentiariart are more to remind Starmer not to get any silly ideas and offer us differing options of being punched in the balls or the face. All actions so far point to him being extremely compliant in defending the status quo. The only way he gets challenged is if he drifts too far left in the short-term or stops punching left.

I did see you mention in the EU thread about PR. In the short-term I won't be voting Labour in the local elections and I'm looking more into accepting PR as FPTP gives us such a small acceptable opinion of debate. When even basic reasonable requests like free broadband are tagged as Marxism or tagged as fantasy in many instances from members of the Labour party - it highlights our political discourse is rotten and most Labour politicians are weak. So I will wait to see what line Labour take on PR and will be looking into it further myself but there isn't a general election for a few years so that's where I am.

Yeah I've always been against PR but it seems the only way to go. It's more democratic although it's got its flaws.

The other option is not fielding candidates in marginal seats where another candidate could unsurp the tory. So to make most of resources.  I  dont know and I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how they will be defeated but defeated they must be.