You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

31 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Ed Miliband ran a campaign of say as little as possible, at the time even the Tories thought they could not win against him because they were so disliked, didn't work out.

I don’t think anybody is suggesting he run a campaign of saying as little as possible or anything like Miliband. 

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

He really did take to the post politics world, didn't he?

Wasn't he chairman of Sunderland at one point?

The big sliding doors moment for me though is Clegg asking Brown to step aside in return for a coalition, the arrogance of it. But, the world would be a much better place if it had have happened.

Mine goes back to John Smith

He would have made a fine PM and I don't think he would have entertained Bush Jnr's Iraq adventures

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Numero said:

I know he’s not the most memorable guy, but let’s not forget Biden just won with more votes than any president ever. 

Not sure that's an accurate barometer. It's one Trump uses, a lot of votes were cast. It's like your mate Corbyn boasting he got more votes than Blair, pointless. 

Edit. Linky 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/election-turnout-results-labour-corbyn-blair-votes-conservatives-a9245181.html

Plus, maybe just maybe a lot of votes were cast for Biden because of a dislike for the other fella, Trumps that type of guy.

20 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Mine goes back to John Smith

He would have made a fine PM and I don't think he would have entertained Bush Jnr's Iraq adventures

I saw his grave on Iona. It's the most ethereal unworldly mystical place I've ever been too

I know it sounds a bit weird but I found it deeply affecting

11 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Not sure that's an accurate barometer. It's one Trump uses, a lot of votes were cast. It's like your mate Corbyn boasting he got more votes than Blair, pointless. 

Edit. Linky 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/election-turnout-results-labour-corbyn-blair-votes-conservatives-a9245181.html

Plus, maybe just maybe a lot of votes were cast for Biden because of a dislike for the other fella, Trumps that type of guy.

What does this have to do with what I said and what I was replying to? I simply said that the statement about dull and competent not being a winning combination is negated by the fact that a dull and more competent person just won a massive victory in the US. It’s literally the opposite of what he posted. I’m not suggesting it’s a paradigm to follow. 

10 minutes ago, Numero said:

What does this have to do with what I said and what I was replying to? I simply said that the statement about dull and competent not being a winning combination is negated by the fact that a dull and more competent person just won a massive victory in the US. It’s literally the opposite of what he posted. I’m not suggesting it’s a paradigm to follow. 

Ah sorry I've mis read you.

58 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

He really did take to the post politics world, didn't he?

Wasn't he chairman of Sunderland at one point?

The big sliding doors moment for me though is Clegg asking Brown to step aside in return for a coalition, the arrogance of it. But, the world would be a much better place if it had have happened.

That squirrel-murdering bitch allowing Johnson off the hook to call an election on his own terms because she thought her party could win a few seats comes a close second.

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

That squirrel-murdering bitch allowing Johnson off the hook to call an election on his own terms because she thought her party could win a few seats comes a close second.

Overall, The Lib Dems have been a fantastic bunch of lads over the last decade or so. 

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Overall, The Lib Dems have been a fantastic bunch of lads over the last decade or so. 

Yeah they haven't been bad, tory spunk gargling, cowardly, lying, push-over wankers at all for the last 11 years.

No sir-ee. 

9 minutes ago, Mudface said:

The moment you mention was a crucial moment in modern history. Swinton should have been reigned in (then kicked out) by her own party.

On 08/01/2021 at 16:51, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, real sliding doors moment, if David had the support of the unions it may have been a different world we live in today.

Big "if".

Up there with "if Corbyn had the support of the PLP and Party HQ".

Either way, we'll never know.  All we know is that 80,000 people have died and many of those deaths could have been prevented by humane and competent leadership. 

• Upvote 3

I feel like Labour would fight for and protect corporate rights more than they would human and working rights. Im not giving them my vote anymore just because they're not tories because for me they pretty much are...  not as bad but a slightly diluted version. No change no rocking the boat we will just keep walking this path of atrophy because political greed and cowardice. Complete systemic change is needed, even if Labour got power they would only do more to cement and increase their own chances of holding power not make a more democratic involved system. For me as a working class, working man they don't seem to represent anything, im done with them.

I'd rather my vote wasted politically but mean something personally than take part in the Tory Labour sham.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I feel like Labour would fight for and protect corporate rights more than they would human and working rights. Im not giving them my vote anymore just because they're not tories because for me they pretty much are...  not as bad but a slightly diluted version. No change no rocking the boat we will just keep walking this path of atrophy because political greed and cowardice. Complete systemic change is needed, even if Labour got power they would only do more to cement and increase their own chances of holding power not make a more democratic involved system. For me as a working class, working man they don't seem to represent anything, im done with them.

I'd rather my vote wasted politically but mean something personally than take part in the Tory Labour sham.

Feels like you’re just saying things. 

2 minutes ago, Numero said:

I mean, those things don’t seem actually grounded in anything tangible.

Feeling represented. A political party pushing for systemic change. Im more aligned to the green party, I've constantly voted Labour because I dont want Tory, truth is I dont want Labour any more either. Unfortunately most people I know dont want Labour anymore either but will vote against their own self interest by going Tory because somehow they feel the Tories represent ordinary working people more than Labour. 

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've no qualms with his Tweet about Her Madge. The Monarchy is an absurd and damaging institution, but a lot of people have personal affection for Brenda, so it's right to play nice.

Would but it would have been good if he'd have said "what about your army of fucking servants, cooks, cleaners, butlers and drivers you German lizard old cunt."

• Upvote 1